Newbie PET PEEVES!!! *read please*

did you put DONT use the search function? im pretty sure thats what you said, unless im misunderstanding it…

“Don’t not use the search function. I even use it a lot.”

might want to fix that
:stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

to think of it ben, you know radzer0 is in violation of almost all your categories of criterias for new people… but hey, he’s sort of getting a bit better.

Originally posted by 92teg92
[B]did you put DONT use the search function? im pretty sure thats what you said, unless im misunderstanding it…

“Don’t not use the search function. I even use it a lot.”

might want to fix that
:stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: [/B]

It is a double negative… therefore positive. It is a long way of saying “use the search function.”

Think about what he is saying. “DO NOT… not use the search function.”

wow that sliped right past me…damn, tricky shit…hahaha

Originally posted by AzNKT
to think of it ben, you know radzer0 is in violation of almost all your categories of criterias for new people… but hey, he’s sort of getting a bit better.

And that is exactly why he gets so much shit.

Maybe I should move the search thing to the Do’s. heh.

ben

PS. if anyone has anything to add, feel free. i think it needs more links but I am sick of looking for them.

post pics of clean car threads…have those at least once a week.

what kits fit what years, again i get asked this constantly…its been posted 284209842 times.

ah who cares ill just start skippin over post

like when rad zer0 told me that i need an aftermarket coil to use my msd when it was in my car workin just dandy. o well nice article. we need a thread how i can get a b20 as cheap as ben… lol. o well peace

wow…back in school again…:read:

maybe these could fit in there somewhere :shrug:
Lip options
http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83594

H4H headlights for the one piece lights
http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83586

thanks, added to main post.

ben

What is a search button ? And, where can I find it?:stuck_out_tongue:

Nice write-up Ben.

LAtes.

Originally posted by DA JeLLie
[B]maybe these could fit in there somewhere :shrug:
Lip options
http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83594

H4H headlights for the one piece lights
http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83586 [/B]

it’s messed up in your origional post, fyi - the lip link doesn’t actually link to the page.

hmm, i dont know what happened, it works if you click on what i wrote

I don’t remember the protocol of the registration process here because it’s been a while, but have any of you registered at Team-Integra.net? I think their reg process is actually quite good. You’re forced to sit through about eight pages of instructions on what to do and not to do.

Example: No off-topic stuff, use the Search, don’t bash other people’s cars / tastes / race / religion, etc.

I think G2IC kicks the crap out of TI, but I thought TI had a great model for n00b edjoocayshun.

• Jim

PS - What I’m saying is that something similar to this thread should be part of the G2IC reg process. Perhaps we can compile a central page of links to popular questions, perhaps one for each category, and sticky them at the top of each forum as a kind of “Past Discussion Table of Contents”. That might help some people find what they’re looking for.

I’m a noob, Can someone direct me to the party isle?

The following has been the new registrant page for about a year.

The “guidelines” link is the link to the FAQ thread.

but they still arent being forced, neil. IMO the n00bs need to be kinda forced or they juts dont care. They see that link and blow it off because they are impatient and have a superduper question that all of us HAVE to answer. :wink:

I’ve thought an “FAQ” (like an integra FAQ) was a good idea for a long time. I posted a thread a very long time ago about it and no one cared (also I didnt know enough to write one myself). There just isnt contribution interest. I would definately help but i dont think too many other people would.

Ben

yeah, we better make sure whenever we have new users, we send a more mature, elder user to their house to read over the rules first…sounds like a plan…:stuck_out_tongue:

but in all seriousness (sp)…it may/may not be needed for some people…iv been here about a year now…and i came in pretty quietly…i may have asked a few stupid questions in my day…but nothing to insanly stupid…i surfed the boards alot before i even joined…so that helped out a ton…just seeing all the other n00bs getting busted on…i was like, well…dont want that to be me…:smiley:

yeah im done with my success story…i feel like im on oprah or something…

Look I refuse to spoonfeed anyone. If you’re not disciplined enough to follow the rules, you’ll have to handle the consequences.

I cant stand the term “noob/newbie/n00b”, its pretty retarded imo… plus it can be insulting.

I cant stand people, regardless if they are regulars or not, that whine when someone posts something that has been discussed many times… I mean, it takes just as much time to bitch or yell “search!” as it does to just answer them… If you know the question is repetitive by the title, then dont even look at it! Makes me wonder if some of these people have any social life… Not to mention everyone complaining about bandwith this and that, but its ok to waste it whining/flaming when all you have to do it NOT click the reply button? yea.