oil consumption? *turbo owners

I recently solved my oil leak problem and have been checking the oil level regularly.

I know that our cars are suppose to eat up alittle oil but does having a turbo make the car consume little more than normal?

The only tiny leak that I know I have is from the cam seal plug(the one in front of the distributor).

Do you guys with Turbos notice any oil loss between oil changes?

anyone notice oil consumption?

I have recently noticed that my car has been somehow consuming some oil. I’ve checked for leaks, burning, and can’t seem to figure out where the oil is going. The only thing that I can see is the cam seal plug(front of the distrib.) is leaking. Could that cause my oil level to go down??

I know it’s normal for Honda’s to eat up some oil between oil changes… but perhaps having a Turbo will make it worse?

I’m having the same problem as well… but I noticed that my oil pan gasket has a super tiny leak… so I’m gonna replace that and see where I stand. It’s sooo frustrating knowing my teg is eating oil, and not know where it’s going!

I’d also like to know if adding a turbo kit would make it worse… hopefully some knows… :smiley:

I have not experienced an encrease in oil consumption…

Re: anyone notice oil consumption?

Originally posted by TypeSZero
The only thing that I can see is the cam seal plug(front of the distrib.) is leaking. Could that cause my oil level to go down??

Yup. It can also decrease your oil pressure. Wipe that area down really clean with a rag, and drive around a couple of days… then check that spot again… it’s most likely time to get a new cam seal… STR maybe???

:slight_smile:

I haven’t noticed much more oil consumption than when I was NA. May depend on how hard you drive, but probably shouldn’t be enough to notice. Also, if your burning oil now, you may want to consider a rebuild or build up prior to going FI. Turbo will definitely make smaller problems become big ones, if they go un-addressed.