omenbmx7's timeline and build thread

well ive been saying i was going to make a build thread for a long time, and i finally had some time to dig for old pics today. it started as a bone stock 91 rs and ive been working on it for about 2 years now. enjoy…

couldnt find any bone stock pics, we’ll start here

…it seemed like a good idea at the time? all time low

one pieces and jdm front and rear seats were probably the first legit purchases haha

cant be a noob without knockoff equips!

dumped on some 14" cf-48’s

ugly ass tsudo exhaust, it took quite a beating at that height

on my friend’s bbs

the completed set that sadly never made it on the car

time for paint and body work

regas next to a turd ferrari

body shops suck! finally “done” 4 months later…

regas refinished with new stickers

made the mistake of selling my regas and keeping these

a little comparison shot

some old school full polished work vs edition’s were next on the wheel list

one of my favorite shots

oem rear lip action

currently im in the middle of the motor build from hell, i took some pics today and will post them up later

shoulda kept the regas!

still a dope da nonetheless…:up: :rockon:

pics of motorwork?

[QUOTE=mugendaxsi;2006855]shoulda kept the regas!

still a dope da nonetheless…:up: :rockon:

pics of motorwork?[/QUOTE]

thanks! and btw it was nice to see some recent shots of your car, its always been one of my favorites. yeah i regret selling the regas, but ive got something coming soon that just might top all my previous wheels :slight_smile:

ill get some pics up and a little story on how ive had the worst luck ever lately

i love that shit. bmx is sweet

Sooooooooo nice. Very good work.

RS is best. :up:

your car is my inspiration man… I want those white and blue BBS so badddd! I would trade my Hokutos for them :stuck_out_tongue:

Love it… makes me even more anxious to finish mine.

Oh yea… forgot… I want your side skirts!

holy shit, ive seen pics of your car but i didnt realize how far it came!! :bowdown: nice progress man!

oh yeah, bmx and da’s ftw

[QUOTE=Nawaaz;2006955]your car is my inspiration man… I want those white and blue BBS so badddd! I would trade my Hokutos for them :stuck_out_tongue:

Love it… makes me even more anxious to finish mine.

Oh yea… forgot… I want your side skirts![/QUOTE]

really? i do believe they are for sale…gotta say that the hokutos are sick though. ive wanted a set ever since i saw them on rexone’s

haha! i couldnt find the rear, and you cant find the skirts. i know how frustrating that is. cant wait to see your car come out, should be sick!

[QUOTE=omenbmx7;2006981]really? i do believe they are for sale…gotta say that the hokutos are sick though. ive wanted a set ever since i saw them on rexone’s

haha! i couldnt find the rear, and you cant find the skirts. i know how frustrating that is. cant wait to see your car come out, should be sick![/QUOTE]

Yea man… lol, I dont think I would trade the Hokuto’s… unless you wanna trade for your Volks :stuck_out_tongue:

Yea, I finally found the front and bought it… but I want the sides, and Im gonna get the CF replica rear bumper if I cant find a real rear.

Hopefully by the end of april its all put together.

that front bumper is strait sex man:up:

[QUOTE=Nawaaz;2007005]Yea man… lol, I dont think I would trade the Hokuto’s… unless you wanna trade for your Volks :stuck_out_tongue:

Yea, I finally found the front and bought it… but I want the sides, and Im gonna get the CF replica rear bumper if I cant find a real rear.

Hopefully by the end of april its all put together.[/QUOTE]

what volks would those be? ive seen a rear that pops up every once in a while, its green and they always want like 700 for it, on ebay.

thanks! :rockon:

oh shit… i meant works… lol… yea, I might have to wait on that rear, lol… do my engine first.

yeah man, i know the feeling. which leads me to my next post…

this is how my car has looked off and on for about the past month. dont mind the enkeis, theyre just temporary until the real goods come in :slight_smile:

so here goes, i pulled the 200k ls motor and started fresh. jdm b18c(r) block, b16 head, ctr cams and valve springs, hondata im gasket, skunk2 im port matched to 68mm throttle body, 3 inch short ram with velocity stack, b16 trans, fidanza flywheel, exedy organic stage 1 clutch, all new acl race bearings, hastings rings, etc. just a fresh motor, basic setup really. here are a few pics from the night we started it up…

i know my bay needs a lot of attention im taking it one step at a time. i cleaned the hell out of it though, looks much better than before. re-routed some of the harness and got rid of the emissions crap.

the first night i thought i would have the car running, here is what happened. i started filling it with coolant, then heard a leak. i thought “no big deal, i probably left a hose off”. nope, coolant was running out of my open header. long story short there was a hole in exhaust port 1 and the machine shop “never saw it”. in fact they said the hole was so big that it wouldnt show up on a pressure test, ha!

so the machine shop agreed to do all the work over again for free, if i could supply another head. fair enough, right? the next 3 heads i took to the shop were no good due to cracks. finally, i found an ok head and they put it all back together. head went back on, car ran, got it tuned, car smoked. it would only smoke would let off and get back on patial throttle, like normal on off highway driving. this lead me to believe something was wrong with the valve stem seals. so i figured i would do them myself. sure enough, the valve stem seals are aftermarket, and look identical on the intake and exhaust sides (oem are different part numbers). i started at cylinder 1, and im about to start on 4. im pretty anxious and excited about fixing the smoking at this point. when i pressurize cylinder 4, i hear air leaking through the intake…son of a bitch. a compression and leakdown test showed me as follows.

comp. 1. 220
2. 220
3. 220
4. 200

leakdown. 1. 10%
2. 10%
3. 10%
4. 20%

so needless to say, the head came off again. this time, to a different machine shop. hopefully i have better luck. apparently one of the valve seats had a small imperfection causing it not to seal. if all goes well, the head should be ready tommorrow

i also picked up an rmf narrow replica for really cheap

ive only seen one other da running one, and he has a half core radiator with no a/c or ps. its quite a tight squeeze with a stock rad and fans. if anyone is interested in one, i would say slim fans are required as well as hacking up your crossmember. the clearance to the front torque mount is very close as well, but i dont think it rubs. im going to have to pick up a traction bar soon.

kind of an odd question, but my vtec used to “pop” and sound so aggressive with the stock manifold and cat. ever since this header and a test pipe, its barely even noticeable. i understand that it could have smoothed out the transition, but its soooooo quiet. i took the vtec solenoid off and its not clogged, and the plunger works. anyone have any tips/ideas?