Ontario Street Racing

hey you guys down in the states, are you getting as much **** as we are?

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/news/provincial/2002/121202.htm

Wow, that’s pretty $h!++y.

Re: Ontario Street Racing

Originally posted by Zyban
hey you guys down in the states, are you getting as much **** as we are?

I don’t see any improvement whatsoever. Ever since last year, OPP has been cracking down on left lane users, the possession of Nitrous Oxide has always been illegal on public roads, and of course, street racing is prohibited.

I seriously feel that Ontario should focus more on making licensing much more difficult to acquire. The fact that you can take a Temporary Driver’s Permit test in Chinese, Arabic, Hindu, etc. in an english speaking community (that means english-written traffic signs) should NOT make you eligible to learn how to drive. That’s just an example, but the point is, everything starts at the driver-level.

Regards,

Oz

Re: Re: Ontario Street Racing

, the possession of Nitrous Oxide has always been illegal on public roads, and of course, street racing is prohibited.

actually the posession and use of nitrous oxide has NEVER been illegal

but yes I agree with you on the other stuff

Re: Re: Re: Ontario Street Racing

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Zyban
[B], the possession of Nitrous Oxide has always been illegal on public roads, and of course, street racing is prohibited.

actually the posession and use of nitrous oxide has NEVER been illegal there is (or was i guess) no law against it…they only thing they could get you 4 is reckless driving or careless driving or whatever…

thanx to all the stupid Guidos in Woodbrige who decide to crash their friggin civics and mustangs to the point where they burst in flames (and then we all know what happens when N2O is mixed in with flames):rocket:

hey OZ image trying to have an Autobahn like in Germany around Toronto or Montreal…considering how people get licensed these days

Re: Re: Re: Ontario Street Racing

actually the posession and use of nitrous oxide has NEVER been illegal

Actually, it is technically illegal. OPP for the most part, turns a blind eye to them. I’ve spoken with a cop before, and he tells me that Cops are obliged to hand out tickets if they see that the system is hooked up, PLUS confiscate it. If unhooked, it is at the Cop’s discretion whether to hand out the ticket or not, but you cannot challenge the ticket if he/she did anyway.

Regards,

Oz

hey OZ image trying to have an Autobahn like in Germany around Toronto or Montreal…considering how people get licensed these days

Well, that’s exactly my point. It’s so easy to get a license even with the graduating system, that a non-english speaking immigrant can legally drive within 3 months. I got my license within 6 months by ahem…“cheating”, but actually was deemed legal by the Ontario MOT.

Regards,

Oz

well I spoke with a cop at a car show this summer and he told me it’s not illegal as long as you have it properly secured and with an outside bypass tube (in case your pressure goes up really high and the safety valve blows) What they could get you with sometimes is carrying compressed gas without a license… does anybody know a lawyer or smth in Ontario that we could find this out for sure…there’s way too many versions of the same story

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ontario Street Racing

Originally posted by The_Oz
[B]Actually, it is technically illegal. OPP for the most part, turns a blind eye to them. I’ve spoken with a cop before, and he tells me that Cops are obliged to hand out tickets if they see that the system is hooked up, PLUS confiscate it. If unhooked, it is at the Cop’s discretion whether to hand out the ticket or not, but you cannot challenge the ticket if he/she did anyway.

Regards,

Oz [/B]

your wrong

its LEGAL to install, hook up, and use on public roads.

in case you didn’t know motorhomes use it to go up steep hills

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ontario Street Racing

Originally posted by TouringTeg
[B]your wrong

its LEGAL to install, hook up, and use on public roads.

in case you didn’t know motorhomes use it to go up steep hills [/B]

That maybe so in BC, but it’s not the case in Ontario and Quebec. Don’t prove me wrong, tell it to the cops that I’ve been talking to. Besides, there’s a difference between using NO2 to go up a hill, and using NO2 to race :bored:

Regards,

Oz

One word…PACER!!!

www.pacer.ca

New group formed to get the racing off the streets and onto new tracks closer to the city’s limits. Started by Formula Honda in Scarborough.