Opinions on DRAG Gen 2 kits?

What’s the general opinion on the Drag Gen 2 kits? I’ve heard they’re good quality, but how do they do performance wise? Are they pretty complete out of the box or do they require you to get other fuel/ignition/computer etc upgrades to run a decent amount of boost?

Also, how much room for expansion do the kits have… ie it may be fine on my stock b18a, but if I decide to build the bottom end, get a vtec head, and then I want to turn up the boost, will I be able to do so, or will I need bigger components?

I have that kit on my car. Everything is good about it except for the intercooler and piping. It is kind of inefficient do to the long piping going from the intercooler to the turbo. The pipe gets pretty hot. Other than that it is a good set up. I would also recomend getting injectors, safc, and some gauges. Right now i put down 287 whp at only 12 psi, it should have been over 300 but the pipes were pretty hot.

Originally posted by built92
I have that kit on my car. Everything is good about it except for the intercooler and piping. It is kind of inefficient do to the long piping going from the intercooler to the turbo. The pipe gets pretty hot. Other than that it is a good set up. I would also recomend getting injectors, safc, and some gauges. Right now i put down 287 whp at only 12 psi, it should have been over 300 but the pipes were pretty hot.

what motor are you running?

b18c1

Impressive… did you dyno the car at lower boost?

And stock b18c + drag kit, or does the engine have other upgrades?

the kit is pretty decent for the price you pay.
the manifolds are not that great though I’ve seen pics of them cracking over time :frowning:

still some cutting and shaving needed but nearly bolt on