opinions on good traction bars, any experience with them please say

Just looking for a good traction bar. Let me know your experiences thanks!

Why are you looking for a traction bar? Drag? Header clearance? Looks?

Clearance for down pipe.

i have ETD version 3 and love them. you wont have problem clearing d/p.

I have innovative. Helps reduce wheel hop and corners nice and tight. I love.it.

Then the brand doesn’t much matter, they’ll all be fine for this. Personally my preference is the Full Race piece, seems to be better looking and better designed compared to the others I’ve seen. With that said, in an ideal world I’d just modify the stock one.

I have the Full Race bar and its amazing. As colin said, the brand doesnt really matter (as long as the fitment is accurate) but aside from header clearance, the actual mod itself is night and day. Very good mod!

ordered a K-tuned traction bar for the DA and recently got it on the car. the engine is out the car for rebuild so havent driven with it on yet. Fitment is great. installation took about an hour, not hard just lots of bolt removal for stock parts then following instruction for install. everything bolted up smooth. i added links to some pics of it on the car. I paid just under 400$ for mine brand new. def $$ i have no hard feelings about spending. good luck with your decision.

isnt k-tune same as ETD?

^^^ i believe they are^^^

you will like them.

sorry to jack your post but what you guys think of the innovative traction bar how will it hold to daily use

I myself have a Full-Race traction bar system installed on my DA. I’ve had it installed for about a year now so no problems with daily driving. I would say the only thing I dislike about all of the traction bar systems, is the ground clearance. It sits waay lower than the OEM crossbar. My traction bar always hits the speed bumps before the tires even contact it. Lol

I own an innovative bar and it works great for daily use. It sits higher than the oem crossmember. Ive never had an issue with ground clearance.

Explicit Speed Performance. /thread. It sits FLUSH with the body, unlike the innovative, etd, or full race units. That k tuned unit looks like it sits about where the etd one does. Also unlike these other units it uses square tubing, and thicker metal for strength. You can also get em in diff colors if that’s ur thing. Notice also how it mounts adn the reinforcement at all mounting points.

Optional front torque mount mounting point - for race use only, i ran it daily and its just soo stiff. I made my own front torque mount.

Grade 8 hardware.

notice how SOLID this mounting point is vs other units. this was the biggest selling point when choosing a traction bar for me.

Good Clearance. Tapered arm. Notice mounting.

Clearance.

Clearance. This is OLD header. This also clears the giant hytech replica headers as well.

[QUOTE=icemanGSR;2270416]Explicit Speed Performance. /thread. It sits FLUSH with the body, unlike the innovative, etd, or full race units. That k tuned unit looks like it sits about where the etd one does. Also unlike these other units it uses square tubing, and thicker metal for strength. You can also get em in diff colors if that’s ur thing. Notice also how it mounts adn the reinforcement at all mounting points.

Optional front torque mount mounting point - for race use only, i ran it daily and its just soo stiff. I made my own front torque mount.
[/QUOTE]

So, after some additional research I took your advice…well I’m about to get Visa and the authorities involved. I paid for my traction bar more than 14 weeks ago and still nothing. They said it would take 8-10 weeks to make and they would ship it out. I have tried contacting them every way possible and I just keep getting a lady telling me they’re out and won’t be back until after closing. All she does is answer the phone and take orders apparently. Our last conversation I threatened to have Visa reverse the charge and she says “ok fine” and then hangs up. Something isn’t right over there, I along with a few other customers posted on ESP’s forum asking WTH was going on and after a few days the entire thread disappeared.

^^ wow, sorry to hear that. when i dealt with explicit speed they were great!! great service and product. 14 week is a very long time not to get your item,specially with poor communication. hope you can get this resolve.

Im in Washington, anyone want me to see if i can head up there personally and see whats up?

That would be awesome!!

Trying to find the address, but it isn’t listed anywhere on their site.