Opinions on Japan Car exporter DA6

ok, here is the situation…i found a site, a Japan car export site www.Batfa.com, wired money for a rhd integra on march 10th…car was supposted to go out on the April 4th…I called, apparently it DIDN’T go out…then they tell me it is supposted to go out on April 29th…after another few weeks of waiting for shipping documentation, i still have nothing. now it has been 9wks and the damn car is still sitting in Japan, hasnt moved a fuckin bit.

both times I had to call their office to find out this bullshit.

they rarely answer their phone first of all, they customer service is non existant, email communication is non existant after they have your money.

Just recently i emailed them for the 6th time or so (last 5 times got NO responce) i said i want the car shipped out immediatly or i want a refund.
doesn’t seem to unreasonable considering i have been waiting over 2 months now, and parted out a 93rs for apparently no reason now…

now their shipping schedule on their site is now unavailable once again…

i plan to go to my bank on monday and see what can be done about this…

has anyone here dealt with this coimpany before? or have any suggestion to who i should contact about this company

I don’t know of this company and I do feel for you, but you are at there mercy. These gray market deals are very time consuming, never rush them. I know that many so called import companies don’t really do huge volume, as a consiquence, you have to wait for them to gang up the shipping over several orders. If they told you something different, you may be screwed. Also, have you looked into the broker situation when the car arrives here?

dude, i hope it makes it :fingers crossed:

well, when they were actually returning emails, they said 4wks it will be in Miami. now whenever i call, all they say is it has been delayed.

Look at their website, on every page of their site they CLAIM to be Japan’s leading exporter or used cars (among other things also)

i already have clearing customs and stuff figured out…
i feel this company needs to send me a recipt or something, shipping out the car and fowarding me a bill of lading would be nice also.

this is taking too long for any company, 9wks and no progress still

the bank can do nothing, as you authorized the payment to be sent. hopefully you did not wire the money from a checking account, if you did it is now theres and you will be waiting til either they refund it, or you get your car, or until BR gets a car (which is bound to be never :p)

if you did it through a credit card, then you might have a shot as i believe they can dispute non received merchandise, but you will have to call and probably got through alot of hassle.

you cant buy cars from over seas with a credit card, its all done with wire transfers…all export companies use this method…

then your money is 99% gone bro. unfortunetly, banks are pretty much helpless in instances like this, and because you authorized the transfer, its gonna stick. :frowning:

talk to a lawyer they might have something to tell you to help out. I think you can dispute this since you sent moeny out through a back account and didnt pay for it cash.

yes i agree, something has to be able to be done…if i wire 3k for a car, never get it, that is bank fraud…plain and simple…i have the wire transfer recipt, and all emails from this company

the only way it can be disputed by the bank because of fraud, is if someone assumed your identity and sent the money. unfortunetly, its not viewed as fraud in the bank’s eye. you requested money to be sent, they sent it, thats it. lawyer is probably the fastest route, but w/ international laws it can tie it up longer than you have been waiting.

well, some law is being broke here…maybe the bank can’t do shit about his, but some other agency could. i am just looking for idea’s of what to do…either they need to ship the car or send back my money

dude, something bothers me about this site. It doesn’t really even look legit from looking at the site. Looking at their source code, it’s very simple and not so professional.
You can also try calling the Tokyo Chamber of Commerce and Industry and find out about the business and complain and see what they can do about it.
http://www.tokyo-cci.or.jp/english/
TEL: +81-3-3283-7500
You can also call and check with their banker and see how they work financially. Try to see if you can get your money back. http://www.smbc.co.jp/global/
One thing that puzzles me is that the banking details BAFTA gives on their site seems invalid. Because i search for that branch on the bank website and there is no branch in tokyo. I can’t seem to find contact info for that banch located in Setagaya-ku, Tokyo. That address of the bank links to Japan Sun-Towers Center Building 2-11-22 Sangenjaya, Setagaya-Ku Tokyo, Japan. But they say the bank is in Setagaya-ky. From my searches. the bank is in that address and building, but in Setagaya-ku. The postal code does start with 154-xxxx. I also checked the Japan online Yellow pages and they didn’t have a link in their section for that exporter. http://www.yellowpage-jp.com/info/e_main.html

here is a telephone directory search engine for japan.
http://english.townpage.isp.ntt.co.jp/ietp/jsp/control/general/web/searchResult.jsp
i couldn’t even find the company. this site like lists everything
As for the site, BAFTA, they are hosted on a server called asuka-server.com if that helps you somehow.
You also have to remember that they are in a different time zone when you call. They are about 13 to 15 hours ahead of you. So call at a proper business time.

dude, i honestly think you got ripped off.
email me if you need any research help, sun_003@hotmail.com

:shock: Shoppingcart that’s impressive investigative work :up:

archivethis

shoppingcart003…

id shake ur hand if this computer screen wasnt in the way. that was grade a research. we need more ppl like u in the world. good thing ur a g2 guy :dance: …keep up the good work

and to streetracer007…

i know this may seem kinda outrageous but takin a flight to tokyo to get ur car would seem like a bad idea. there was a guy on here gettin ripped off by some kid in cali so he flew over to cali and confronted him, found out the kid was bs’in him and the kids parents laid the smack down on him…needless to say the guy drove away wit the kids cars for collateral of the money he wired to the kid for an engine. just a thought id give ya…good luck

Ok, I asked my mom, who is a lawyer herself. She says that 1. You should have gotten a written contract because if you had one, you have something that is enforcable. By the looks of your post, I guesing you didn’t have one.

Anyway, on to what you can do: You may not like this but you are between a rock and a hard place. From here, you need to find a government agency (Dept. of Commerce most likely) and ask them what you can do. Also, contact your local senator or congressman and see if they can’t point you in the right direction for getting some help from the government. Also, you can go the more expensive route(if you REALLY want the car) and take them to court. You would have to find a lawyer that deals in commerce and knows how japan works. But you may end up spending as much as you paid on the car in legal fees to pay the lawyer

So this is what we have:

Bad: because you have no contract and I am guessing you are dealing with the exporter who is in Japan, there really isn’t much you can do to have this enforced without a shitload of time or money.

Good: You do have options. You just have to find them. The number one thing in your favor is that because you did purchase the car here, the U.S.(where ever you live) DOES have jurisdiction over this shady exporting company because they are getting benefit from a U.S. citizen. So if you do take them to court, and you can prove that purchased the car, then you’re good.

But like I said, with no written contract or receipt, you may be looking at a lot of time or money to get the car period, either way…

[SIZE=6]GOOD LUCK!!![/SIZE]

Dude, you will never see your car or money. I checked out that website last November, and the same black 93 is on there! Hell, about 90% of the cars that were on there 6 months ago are still posted up! I sent them a few emails and never got any reply.

Shame on you for not doing any research into this outfit before making a purchase. You should have investigated and gotten references before even considering doing business with them. I also hope you have a copy of your agreement in writing, or else you’re totally out…

And why the hell would you want a RHD car anyway? It might be interesting for about 20 minutes, but then it would be a pain in the ass…

unless of course if its a skyline! thats kinda different-in my eyes anyways!

shoppingcart003 - were your reasearching BAFTA or BATFA?

this is the only thing i have heard about them and delivering a vehicle (found this after i paid for the car of course) http://www.complaints.com/december2001/complaintoftheday.december1.7.htm

if you search “batfa inc” on www.google.com you will get 770 results…

there website is hosted on many other sites, it is the same info on the main site though. also they seem to advertise on every car message board that exists…

i know the site isnt very professional, but i have personally viewed over 300+ other japan car export sites…and i would have to put their site in the 95th percentile as far as web design, other car export sites i looked at, it looked a like a 5 yr/old designed most of them.

they are exactly 14 hrs ahead of EST. thanks for the research, ill check this thread again tomorrow morning

Shut the fuck up and dont respond to this again, your comment is worthless
you have nothing to back your accusation

Please respect other members. He was just giving you some good information. :shrug: Be careful next time, and do a research on any company before you decide to get into a situation like this.

Good Luck. You will need it since you are in a really bad situation.