Parts of New Jersey with no gas!!!!

damn and here I was complaining about $4.80/gal for premium when other people dont even have any. good luck

Funny thing is that they predict the storm will start dropping gas prices everywhere for a change…

I’m used to gas shooting over 5 bucks a gallon in the SF bay area whenever something happens that effects gas supply anywhere lol.

Thanks bro the gas station opened back up Ima buy some more that will be my plan B lol

What the hell is “jea?”

i think it’s how black people say “yeah”. he’s pretending he’s cool by misspelling words on purpose on the internet. it means you’re awesome. maybe not employable, but who needs that?

It’s actually irking me too. Please stop.

Still without power. People are panicing about gas as stations either dont have power or dont have gas. 2 hour lines. Coast guard spokesperson on fox said ports are taking tanker shipments of gas today. Once power is restored atleast 8 gas stations in my area will be back to operational status.

Oh and based on his location and use of “jea” i’d say he’s hispanic. Case in point depending on the race of people you ask either the yankees or the jankees play baseball or beisbol in NY.

Yes, I went back and did some research; black people said it 15 years ago, long after people stopped doing the Humpty Dance. Then caucasians used it for a short time, and now the wetbacks are reclaiming it.

Whatever, he’s a fucking tool, but his location kinda gave that away already. Didn’t it junky? :giggle:

Gas rationing starting tomorrow. People are fucking stupid, attendants don’t speak english ( legally can’t pump your own gas here in nj) this is going to end well. Meanwhile thousands of stations sit without power and who knows how many thousands or millions of gallons of gas sit in underground tanks waiting to be pumped.

I’d say hispanic because of the way the “j” is pronounced in Spanish. Also, if people would just raise the price of gas significantly, there wouldn’t be a supply problem. Very simple economic solution, but it is illegal in some places. I guess the city prefers violence, huge lines, and the stations that are working having to run out of gas EVERY SINGLE DAY.

its actually been pretty civil as the police have been out in force (the places i’ve been to that is I know theres been some brawls elsewhere). There was almost a riot today when some shitbird told other shitbirds that a station had gas because the lights came on when power was restored. 2 marked units, 4 unmarked units, 10 officers, 3 supervisors , 2 detectives and 4 marked units from another town as mutual aide , oh and a mile of crime scene tape later, and order was restored. I had a front row seat as I was stuck 2 cars from the OEM truck blocking the intersection directly across from this station. I agree but the laws here are pretty stupid.

even if the gas attendants raised the prices, people are in a panic mode right now and would still buy it- and i’m sure some shady parts of NJ has already done this. Though the reason why there’s a shortage of gas is that good portion of jersey is still without electricity so many people are running generators which use gas, and the lack of electricity causes alot of gas stations to be closed. And additionally, with some of the public transportation being closed/halted, this results to people driving when they normally don’t have to thus needing to use gas. These events has created the chances of getting gas to be scarce and people are literally driving to every gas station to find one that’s open and still have gas. The lines to some gas stations are at times easily over an hour wait, but nonetheless people are still waiting because they need a car to get around in their daily life. Luckily my brother’s boss owns a gas station and opened it for friends and family members and I was able to get some gas without waiting in any line muhahahaha lol. Though I must say, once the gas station opened, people literally swarmed to the station like worker bees and it was somewhat a controlled chaos. I also heard that in some townships, some gas stations are only opened to fill up municipal/government vehicles as well so that doesn’t directly help the citizens with obtaining fuel, but more of the police to help establish public safety since they also need gas to get around to respond to emergencies. But all in all, I think that once the whole state gets power 100% back, the gas situation will be back to normal. The only thing for us to do now is to wait patiently, and life will move on.

Though there’s now some talk about a northeastern with some snow involved; that might make everything interesting. Take into consideration that due to the hurricane, it knocked down alot of trees, and probably weaken a lot of the trees that are still standing, so if the added weight of the snow falls on those trees, it might make those trees to eventually fall over. And it could fall over power/telephone lines thus inducing more power outages. This happened similarly last year with Hurricane Irene and the bizarre snow storm during last years Halloween. We shall see what mother nature has for us…

I’m speechless… there’s plenty more, but you get the picture

http://cnj.craigslist.org/for/3383150753.html

http://cnj.craigslist.org/for/3383048559.html

its NJ what do you expect? A known illegal alien in my town has a landscaping business and is offering “tree removal” service on the side. I assure you he isn’t licensed or insured to remove downed trees from homes or property and I question if he even has the proper licenses and insurance to operate a landscaping business in NJ.

How much gas do you think people would be buying if it were $20 or $30 a gallon?

you stating, “if people would just raise the price of gas significantly, there wouldn’t be a supply problem” is wrong in this context because people in this situation NEED gas, it’s not a commodity but a necessity for means of stability. You may argue that technically speaking we don’t need gas to survive/transportation, and yes that is true. But this hurricane has been the worst one NJ saw for over a century, and it affected many people in the tri-state area and officials were not estimating the damage to be this severe. And you have to understand that NJ is the most densely populated state in our country so if the state did run out gas, the state would be in a standstill or worse,in panic/chaos. Our nation depends on gasoline, and i’m positive if it comes down to it, people will buy it for your hypothetical price even if it becomes “liquid gold.” But of course people wouldn’t buy alot compare to say the current price of approximately $4.00. They’ll pay a premium and use it scarcely which is what is going to happen over the next few days. But given our day of time, we haven’t hit that reality and if that really did happen, other alternatives for gasoline would most likely be utilized more greatly, leaving gasoline to be no longer the primary means for energy.

But besides the point, the main problem is being without electricity, thus creating a chain reaction of using gasoline as a alternative energy option. Once the power situation is resolved, the gas issue will resolve itself over a time span of a few weeks.

No. It isn’t. It’s a luxury. People are just too fucking stupid to figure that out. Then again, it’s New Jersey. Even money that at least half the population thinks it should be the government’s responsibility to provide them with free gas (but only from union-endorsed gas stations, of course). :roll:

Which the better situation to be in:

Gasoline is regular priced, so when people do find it, they buy as much as they can, much more than they would under regular circumstances, and as a result, there is NO gas. Station is out, gas truck isn’t coming. No gas.

or

Gasoline prices skyrocket to $20/gallon. Most people can afford some gas, but very few people can afford full tanks, and many of those who can afford full tanks still won’t pay the price. As a result, people investigate alternative means of transportation or otherwise severely limit their travel (not driving for hours, in order to sit for hours with the heater on, waiting for enough gas to just do it all over again). However, if gas is needed for an emergency, or just enough gas needs to be had for a generator, not only is it available, but it can be obtained quickly because more stations still have gas (don’t have to drive for two hours), and you don’t have to wait in a line around the block before you can fill your can.

Right now people are filling as many cans and vehicles as they have, and are only compounding the problem. A severe price hike is not a permanent one. People aren’t going to try and install wind turbines on their vehicles and in their lawns. This is only until the infrastructure is repaired and stabilizes. It would happen much faster with a gas price hike. It has nothing to do with being greedy, only with controlling inventory.

that’s honestly an ignorant post about NJ; you’re only basing it off stereotypes, try looking at the whole tri-state area, NJ is the only state resorting to this… and i never implied that it was the government’s responsibility to provide them free gas- i have no idea what you’re talking about there buddy.

[QUOTE=Stu;2276540]Which the better situation to be in:

Gasoline is regular priced, so when people do find it, they buy as much as they can, much more than they would under regular circumstances, and as a result, there is NO gas. Station is out, gas truck isn’t coming. No gas. [/QUOTE]

Okay, but you have to realize that what you are suggesting is worst case scenario; we haven’t reached that point yet like i stated before. We HAVE gas, gas is coming, there IS gas is NJ. The problem again is that due to the power outage, alot of places don’t have power, therefore affecting a good majority of gas stations to be closed. So this in effect allows people to swarm to the very few gas stations that are open. For instance, in my town there are around 14-15 gas stations throughout my town, but due to the power outage only 4 of those gas stations ever opened since they were lucky to have power. So those 4 gas stations provided the gas for the whole community so obviously these 4 stations can’t supply all the gas everyone needs and resulting in running out of gas. But once power gets up, the remaining gas stations that were closed due to lack of power will be able to supply the remaining. What you are indicating is true in the event that if the nation does run out of gas, but what you are suggested in a hypothetical, while I’m living in the reality.

[QUOTE=Stu;2276540]
or

Gasoline prices skyrocket to $20/gallon. [SIZE=3]Most people can afford some gas[/SIZE], but very few people can afford full tanks, and many of those who can afford full tanks still won’t pay the price. As a result, people investigate alternative means of transportation or otherwise severely limit their travel (not driving for hours, in order to sit for hours with the heater on, waiting for enough gas to just do it all over again). However, if gas is needed for an emergency, or just enough gas needs to be had for a generator, not only is it available, but it can be obtained quickly because more stations still have gas (don’t have to drive for two hours), and you don’t have to wait in a line around the block before you can fill your can. [/QUOTE]

I understand completely, but your response only reinforce my perspective. I merely generalized that if the gas prices increased, people (does not indicate everyone) will to purchase it but scarcely, that was all. And didn’t i mention alternative means of energy if gas prices were to succumb to these outrageous prices too?- don’t know why you’re reiterating that point. And to help ease your concern, some counties have implemented gas rationing, restricting to when and how much gas people can purchase.

It’s to the point, we are giving each other a round about of our perspectives, and I gladly respect your thoughts/opinions, however I feel we’re just trying to persuade a rock at the moment lol.