Parts of New Jersey with no gas!!!!

You’ve missed the point, but I appreciate the discussion.

Found the last 5 gallon can for miles. Ebay sellers gouging big time. My uncle lives in a county that does not have restrictions so im going there to fill my car , fill my tires ( fucking cocksucking honda tpms) and fill my can. My uncle needs help with a computer issue so i might even get lunch or a few bucks.

got gas near my uncle’s house today and filled up my 5 gallon can as well. In and out on 5 minutes no Odd/Even bullshit. My sister waited for 3 hours in a gas line last night but gave up when she was falling asleep and 40 cars away from the ENTRANCE to the gas station. Her plate was ODD numbered so she ended up getting gas a little closer to home and only waiting about 30 minutes today. A reporter heard her tell the attendant that she had waited for 3 hours the day before and interviewed her for a newspaper story. My sister saw atleast 10 people get bounced from the line for having an even numbered plate. (Most nj plates follow the pattern of Letter Letter Letter ## Letter. So JAV 71M is an odd numbered plate since the last NUMBER, is 1. JAV 72M is an even numbered plate since the last number is 2. Plates without numbers ABCYDG are considered odd numbered as are vanity plates with out numbers ASSHAT or FUKSTIK would be considered odd.)

The station where the riot broke out yesterday was set to open again today at 12. I parked a block a way and waited with a can. At around 1240 the cops came and told people waiting that the station had no gas. Apparently the town required the owner to either provide private security or hire the police as security. The owner threatened to sue the town, the town threatened to pull the owner’s certificate of occupancy, the cops threatened to ticket and tow cars waiting for gas. 3 hours and calls to many lawyers later the station opened with an a huge police presence. I live a few blocks away and the line snaked down my street. When I returned home from getting gas an hour or so away I had to show the 2 officers stationed at 2 different intersections my ID before they would let me by pass the line so I could get to my driveway.

A 55 gallon drum of gas would get me over 4 tanks of gas. With a 5 gallon can, it would only take me 11 trips (when I get gas) to fill. This will likely be one of my next purchases. I just picked up a 15 gallon water tank today. That’s only five days of drinking water and cooking for my family, but it will be a good supplement for the approximately 40 gallons I already have stored. 18 days worth of water isn’t a bad start. The 40 gallons is very portable as well.

I thought about getting a drum, but I live in a tiny shitty apartment. My parents have a house, but my mother is deathly afraid of “gas” and claims to “smell gas” when none is present. My father is going to store the 5 gallon tank for me (or him or my mother if they need the gas). The other day my father said “hey maybe I should buy a generator.” which to me is funny since he has worked in plumbing and heating supplies for the last 40 years and could most likely get a deep discount on anything he needs to either get a large gas power generator that plugs into the breaker box or even something huge like a generac (provided his property can meet the requirements.) and whatever he needs for that install including labor.

holy fucking shit!

My sister Katie Reilly is in this video talking about the gas shortage

http://video-embed.nj.com/services/player/bcpid619329501001?bctid=1944969419001&bckey=AQ~~%2CAAAAPLMIP6E~%2CBRrRHTAljlHNUYJqhl35zLecZpp8wkKm

If you are serious about encouraging your dad, a diesel generator would be best, because I believe you can use alternative fuels to power it. The idea of setting it up to hook up directly into his house is ideal.

As far as for you, I picked up a 15 gallon drum, and it looks exactly like a 55 gallon drum, only about 3 feet high and about 14 inches in diameter. Very easy to fit into your apartment, and could give you a good 15 days of water. The only thing is, water weigh approximately 8 pounds per gallon, so a 15 gallon drum weighs about 120lbs when full and is less than portable. The alternative is filling and storing used 2-litre bottles, but that takes up a lot more room.

[QUOTE=theJunkman;2276607]holy fucking shit!

My sister Katie Reilly is in this video talking about the gas shortage

[/QUOTE]

Are you the brother she referred to? The only benefit gas rationing has over hiking gas prices, is that give more people the opportunity to obtain gas, as the prices could go higher than many people could afford.

I might do the 2L bottles I’m up a nasty flight of stairs. Diesel is hit or miss here (not every station has it infact many in this area don’t) but like you said its not that hard to find someone who needs to discard french fry oil. My father is talking about selling his house in a few years to help fund retirement. Property taxes here are a killer.

Yes I am the brother she is talking about. I passed that station on the way to the station near my uncle’s house in the county with no restrictions.

I got lucky and a place I worked for part time gave me 12 or 13 2-litre bottle racks (like they use in delivery trucks). Each one holds 8 bottles (about 4 gallons). They are stackable, pretty stable, very portable (individually), but like I said, will take up more room than a drum. You just clean them out, fill them with tap water, and drop a few drops of bleach in each one. Also, you have to keep them out of the sun, as direct sunlight will degrade them.