Password JDM bars for the DA

So your probobly thinking, “what bars? they don’t make em for our cars.”
But I’m hoping to change that. here’s were the story begins…
So a few days ago I e-mail password wondering about DA bar fitments. I had heard rumors (none supported with real fact, just assumptions) that some of their tie/strut bars made for the ek,eg,dc2, etc. may fit our cars. Password responded with “no they will no fit, but we hopefully we will come out with some bars for the DA chassis within the next year”…this made me hopeful but I’d like to push the matter a bit further(I’m a bastard like that).
This is were all of yall come in. I think that if enough of you e-mailed password:jdm about bars for the DA it may push the design team over there to put them out quicker or to just make sure they will put them out in the first place.
It’s all supply and demand and if you guys give the demand, we’ll get new stuff.
any one with me?:shrug:

im in:rockon:

They’ve been “in the process of getting them out within a year” since before I joined the Air Force. I wouldn’t recommend holding your breath.

I do believe, however, that the rear EF bar will fit a DA and their 2-point EF front bar may or may not fit the non-abs DA’s–i can’t remember what the consensus was on the latter.

I’m just planning on utilizing a Neuspeed unit for the front, and the Password EF rear bar. an easily-removable 3-point bar for the DA will never happen, because the only way to attach one to the firewall is to drill through the firewall and bolt it with a backing plate and nuts inside the vehicle’s cabin (under the dash). The other vehicles for which it’s made have threaded holes in the firewall to which it attaches. G2’s do not.

I believe there’s a member here who made his own, and I talked with him briefly about making one for me but I lost contact with him. Personally I’d have no problem utilizing a backing plate on the other side of the firewall–when it goes on, the only thing that’ll get it removed would be a collision resulting in a total loss on the vehicle and me parting it out.

Ha… he said “Password design team.”

As if Password does anything other than give a few minorities a welder and a Carbing piece and says “¡copiarlo!”

[QUOTE=digitalHorizon;1766105]Ha… he said “Password design team.”

As if Password does anything other than give a few minorities a welder and a Carbing piece and says “¡copiarlo!”[/QUOTE]

their ‘design’ team is probably APC or OBX.

dude i tried what you are doing years ago. they arent gonna make anything for the da as far as im concerned. i got one of their ef bars and tried it and it wasnt even close to fitting. length yes, mounting base angles, no (i can explain if i must). all they would have to do is change one thing about the design (the ends) and it would be a done deal. they dont believe they have the market or they would make it…period. besides, arent they supposed to leave out the DA? lol, after all thats the jdm thing to do? ive been hounding them about a jdm rear bumper support for my two door for years i told them id pay $300 for it. they dont care about a hundred dollar sale… they care about not potentially, but actually selling a hundred, hundred+ dollar items. here is the whole point: even after i realized the ef bar wouldnt fit, i noticed that i did not really like the design (aesthetically) at all. its not a good looking bar, though it does look strong. the neuspeed bar that i ended up buying kicks ass and looks great. imho its the only good strut bar out there for the g2 seeing as the rest of them have flex joints. so even if they do make something, its not gonna look as good “on the car” as it does “on the net.” i have nothing but good feelings towards password and their crew. they have done me right in the past on several occasions. good luck to you. real good luck getting them to do a three point!

thanx for the opinions guys! I thought I would trying having heard excellent things about their bars.
so neuspeeds are real good bars? i might have to look into those too but i’m still going to hold out some hope for the password bars.
almostboosted: i totaly agree with the jdm rear bumper support thing. i wish they would sell them…but alas we a small crowd in comparison to the civic guys and the newer teg crowd adnwon’t make as many sales.:sad:

Even if Password were to come out with anything that fit the DA, I wouldn’t buy it.

Screw them.

[QUOTE=kNOwLedGe420;1766151]Even if Password were to come out with anything that fit the DA, I wouldn’t buy it.

Screw them.[/QUOTE]

i think this makes time number two that we’ve agreed.

maybe giving up the tokey was even better than i’d hoped it would be. :giggle: :up: :wink:

…what kyle’s not the midnight toker nomore???

…i feel so …alone now…:violin:

Yeah, password stinks. I bought my thin moldings & sidemarkers from them, but thats it. I too have been hearing the whole design team schpeel for years now. The same is true for their JDP style non carbon lip.

Don’t worry bad2genteg, some of us are still down w/ the cheech & chong!
Stop the tyranny! legalize it! An acre of hemp produces more paper than an acre of trees in a significantly shorter time frame! 30 yrs or 3 mths? U decide!

:getsome: :manual:

Corniest quote ever: "Get yours today! JDM is IN!

not a fan of password:JDM products…neuspeed bars look nice and are one piece but i wish carbing mabe one for the DA…but i guess neuspped will have to do til something else comes out…

[QUOTE=h93da6;1766813]ATTENTION! This post has been edited from its original contents. You may want to check the message again to make sure no discrepancies occur that may adversely affect you. This is especially important with threads in the COMMERCE section.
Last edited by h93da6 : 28 Oct 2007 at 11:14:04. Reason: Grammer[/QUOTE]

WOW. :read:

heheh, grammar wins again!

+1. Maybe if they decided to do this during a leap year and release it during another leap year they could count it as “with in a year” or they;re counting a year in pluto years.

[QUOTE=digitalHorizon;1766105]Ha… he said “Password design team.”

As if Password does anything other than give a few minorities a welder and a Carbing piece and says “¡copiarlo!”[/QUOTE]

Hahhaha I see a big pre-fabricated steel building with a bunch of harbor freight clearance sale welders and some polaroids of existing parts.

This is a reply to armed ferret;

Could the backing plate you are describing be welded on to the firewall instead of taking apart the dash? A custom 3-Point Strut Bar would have to be made for a ABS DA 'Teg either way.

[QUOTE=newgrasshopper;1769964]This is a reply to armed ferret;

Could the backing plate you are describing be welded on to the firewall instead of taking apart the dash? A custom 3-Point Strut Bar would have to be made for a ABS DA 'Teg either way.[/QUOTE]

indeed it could. you could probably even weld the nuts onto the backing plate so that all you have to do is put the bolts through.

hmm…i’d say i’ll race you to it but there’s no way in hell i’ll have it done in 2 months so it’s all you. but i reserve the right to be a complete biter on this idea. i won’t try to take the credit though. :wink: :up:

I have a long venture for my DA. However pushing the envelope is all that matters :whisper:

i pushed the envelope one time.

i got a paper cut. :frowning: