Photo Thread V 23.2.5.453126.1

Helps me pan, so VR was definately worthwhile for me.

Oh there’s no doubt it’s useful… but Canon’s implementation isn’t as good from what i’ve tested, and for the extra $$ they ask, i cant justify it…

me panning with a non IS lens…

could be a bit sharper, but overall i’m satisfied…

Yeah definately. I still have my 70-300 non VR lens and use it regularly. The shots themselves don’t come out any better really, but the percentage of usable pans that I get is more than double what I would get before.

In other words, I’d usually come home with 1000 shots and get maybe 75, and now if I shoot 1000 I’ll get 150 sharp pans. The focusing is tons faster as well, which makes a difference.

BUT… the fuckin’ thing is a tank. I seriously get sore from walking around with it at the track.

Which brings me to my next point… :giggle:

70-200 F4.0L non IS in the middle
70-200 F2.8L IS on the right…

Granted they’re worlds apart in F stops, but look at the size of that thing… Granted… if i could afford it, i’d probably go for it…

see, I’d buy it just for the 2.8, not because of IS. IS is just a bonus. But then again, f4 is fine with me too.

2.8 ftw… use a monopod

Heh… go check the price diff…

There is a non IS 2.8… but it’s ALMOST just as big as the IS one (a little lighter though)… but way cheaper

From last weekend…

That effect is cool. Looks like a postcard.

Yeah that’s what I was going for. I have a good camera but a cheap lens so I always use the magic of photo editing to achieve nicer results.

i like it too but the water effect takes away from the skyline (subject). i like it though.

I’ll keep that in mind. I still have to play around with it before making a print.

I thought you had some L glass?

just one of my moms flowers. taken with a nikon coolpix s3 :open_mouth:

Nah, still using the cheap ass 18-55 that came wth the camera. I cant really afford the L lens for now. I’ve been looking at the sigma 24-70 which is supposed to give the same results as the canon 24-70L and it’s much cheaper.

just stating opinion. i am definitely no authority. :slight_smile:

You should consider the Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC Macro. It produces some very nice pictures. Very sharp and awesome color.

you should consider more pics of danielle and stfu! :slight_smile:

I’ve been looking at the 24-70 F2.8L as well… and for the price the sigma is tempting, but i doubt it’ll be as sharp…