Photo Thread V 23.2.5.453126.1

If you’re talking to me, Thanks. :slight_smile:

nice pics. i like the way they came out.

im in no way a great photographer and im a worse photo editor (actually i dont edit cause i dont know how).

Heh, dunes. Reminds of Napoleon Dynamite.

Nice, I was waiting for you to post up some pics.

1.8 do you use any kind of smoothing effects or filters to create such clear images? Or is that just a benefit of having a high end SLR?

I really like your macro’s by the way, excellent compositions.

Digital- Loving that picture of the stiletto shoe and underwear. Creative hahaha.

Ha… Jay is the guy I refer people to so that they can see you don’t need an SLR to get super clear images! If you look at his and mine, you’d never know his were shot with a point and shoot and mine were with a multi-thousand dollar SLR setup. SLRs are valuable in that they are more versatile creatively and allow for more flexibility, as well as possessing higher quality glass and sensors (usually). But, image clarity is not directly related to SLR vs. point and shoot, and there are several point and shoots that can more than hold their own amongst some pretty high dollar SLRs.

i only like action shots and the only thing i actually utilize with my SLR is lens types for zoom.

That ccd is awesome, stunning color range/depth

i’ve been looking at this one…

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=139&modelid=11154

My brother has this one, along with tons of extra stuff for it
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelDetailAct&fcategoryid=139&modelid=14256

My cousin has an xti, its a pretty fun little camera to use.

what about a 30d? :cool:

You really can’t go wrong with the XT/XTi, but I’d probably go with an XT since you’ll more than likely be upgrading it in a couple years anyway. It’s not like its lacking in features or a huge step down, so there’s no huge motivation for an XTi unless you were planning on keeping that permanently and never upgrading to a 30D/5D.

Thanks for the comments.

I’m using a Nikon 8700 P&S right now. There’s nothing wrong with P&S’s if you don’t need fast auto focus. Like Chris said, if you want to get action shots you’re going to need a SLR unless you know how to pre-focus or lighting is perfect. You’re also limited to the range of the lens on the camera. I’m eventually going to get another SLR, but I have too much other crap I want first. I’d like a 30D, but there will probably be other options out by the time I’m ready to buy one.

my camera is not liking the auto-focus on my 400mm lense. any ideas? im thinking a sensor is dirty somewhere or something.

Could be. Does it do it with other lenses? I know some people complain about certain lenses making the AF hunt more than others.

Do you shoot in AI Servo?

When I used the 50mm f/1.8 the AF was rediculously fast. With the Tokina 24-200mm it was still super fast, but not as fast as the 50mm.

Dirty sensor would be easily noticeable, at least on mine it is.

What exactly is it doing? Slower focusing, not catching subjects, etc.? I know my 70-300’s focusing is worlds different from my 70-200.

Here’s a shot I took with the 20D that I probably could not have got with my Nikon.

Here’s one with the Nikon. It’s fine if they’re sitting still.

its just my 400m. my kit lens works perfect every time. it only happens in sport mode which is the onl AI servo mode for the digi rebel without the hack i believe.

the AF will sometimes just focus all the way close for nothing. this usually is after i take a couple successful pictures. this only happens when in sport mode (AI servo) and chasing objects in the dunes which is hard on the AF because the background changes constantly but it still lose focus on the subject.

this problem just started happening this year and never happened before. pointing the camera to the sky (nothing) and pressing the button half ways down a time or two usually fixes it.

i have missed many a oppurtunity because of this issue and it hasnt always happened. the only thing different about the lens is it has a filter on it.

Well you have had the camera for a while so getting the sensor cleaned wouldn’t hurt either way. If it still happens I think it would be safe to say that it’s the lens. Also make sure both sides of the lens are clean.