Photo Thread V 23.2.5.453126.1

Any post processing James? I always have to do some because I’m still using my crappy 18-55 that came with the rebel.

None of the ones from the pool party were edited, other than the obvious. (resize/border/watermark)

If I edit, it’s usually levels. Sometimes color balance and/or saturation.

yeah that’s what I meant… color balance, etc.
Photoshop I assume? Whatever it is you do a good job.
I use paintshop (which I love) and I have to retouch my pix all the time. Can’t wait to get my 24-70 sigma one day.

I also use paint shop pro! :up:

I remember using PSP 1.0 when it was nothing but a fancy MS Paint. It has come a long way :up:

I think I started with PSP 3. It’s definitely come a long way. IMO it’s better than Photo Shop.

I’ve heard from a lot of people that Photoshop isn’t their editing software of choice. Its good for what it is, but much like each individual camera it really depends on what suits that particular user.

I, for one, liked CS more than I like CS2. I’ve heard Nikon Capture and CaptureOne are nice editing programs as well, but are pretty expensive so I’ve never tried them.

I think folks are looking for alternatives to PShop… but not because/in spite of the fact they can, or in this case can not use, ALL of its capabilities. I have used and will continue to use PShop(along with boutique applications such as noise ninja), as I consistently done so since mid/late 80’s. I know the software very well and I am really only using a small percentage of its overall capabilities. I am sure the alternatives are good, though I have little to no experience with them. Supposedly there is a interpolation program out there that alows infinite scalability in bitmapped images that uses fractal geometry, But i have never been able to find it on the open market.
Peace
Schu

I think Photoshop is developed and marketed as a broad application so I doubt there’s very many that use it in its entirety for all that it is capable of. I know I’m lost just in the curves/levels and related photo adjustments so delving into the other features would just get me lost in the world of over editing.

Ahoy mates! I havent posted in a while, but I’ll throw up some recent stuff. Ive been shooting a lot lately. Daniel, if you want to go shooting, give me a call, and hopefully we can make it happen.

Well here are some pics. Tell me what you think.

here we go…

Opening Day Ceremony

Garret Anderson

Orlando Cabrera

Cabrera again

Mike Napoli and Dino Ebel

Opening Day Angels Roster

Kern river / Lake Isabella

My brother Chris, and one of our dogs Rockett

My best friend Craig

looking good VP… still rocking the 70?

Love K’riv and Isi!!!

Schubert!!! Yeah, Im still rockin the D70. Kern riv and Isabella is one of my faves also.

Vern,
Wow, I thought you died in a basket of those flavored fries at Red Robin? Damm dude, glad to see you’re still using the equipment!

J.

Sounds good Berno, I’m usually free on weekdays after work or weekend mornings.

Come on now, lets get some participation in this one. All of the other threads have gone the same way; the usuals (me, 1.8T, Berno Prestione, Schoobee, and a couple others) post a few new shots and chat photo for a bit, and nobody else keeps things going. They don’t have to be amazing shots, so don’t be intimidated by Mr. Tango’s amazing abilities. Just put up what you got and if you’re looking for critique or just to show what you’ve taken, we appreciate looking at pictures. I’d really not like for it to die again, or resort to posting the millions of new car stuff I have because I want this to be non-automotive if at all possible. There’s tons of “hey look at my car” threads for that.

The above was built by hand with nothing but hammers and chisels…and it took 25 years to complete.

J. (justtryingtocontributetothecause)

Those are freakin’ awesome J. Where is that?

Vern, looking good. Glad to see you’re still shooting.

I think this guy shit his pants? :giggle:

J,
Mexico City and thanks. I need to learn how to adjust more then just the size of images. I look at PS and my pupels just dialate…
J.

[QUOTE=.J.;1660309]J,
Mexico City and thanks. I need to learn how to adjust more then just the size of images. I look at PS and my pupels just dialate…
J.[/QUOTE]

I’ll do it for rights to a 3 minute speech.

(and open bar for me and the little woman)

UHMMMM…NO!

But thank you for smoking!
J.

[QUOTE=.J.;1660313]UHMMMM…NO!

But thank you for smoking!
J.[/QUOTE]

shhh.

Don’t say “smoking” too loud. Its like Beetlejuice… if you say it 3 times, Ray pops up at my door.