Photo Thread V 23.2.5.453126.1

F5

I love Riley shy

[QUOTE=ez12a;1677621]hey whitehot, how do you trace the pictures like that in illustrator? I have Illustrator CS3 for Mac, but i have no idea how to use it but i’ve seen those vector/cartoony drawings and i’ve always wanted to “draw” my 'teg.

like the one in this video at the beginning and end. http://youtube.com/watch?v=U9C-deo61O0

it looks sooo good![/QUOTE]

my illustrator teacher found a good tutorial here: http://www.illustratortechniques.com/imitating-a-scanner-darkly.html

it’s time consuming but the results are amazing. I suggest the more colors you use the better it turns out. the other kids in my class kind of sucked balls at it just because they didnt use enough color to detail the picture.

Do you suck balls?

i wish i wouldn’t have sold my camera.

[QUOTE=whitehotintegra;1677984]my illustrator teacher found a good tutorial here: http://www.illustratortechniques.com/imitating-a-scanner-darkly.html

it’s time consuming but the results are amazing. I suggest the more colors you use the better it turns out. the other kids in my class kind of sucked balls at it just because they didnt use enough color to detail the picture.[/QUOTE]

:up: thanks!

edit: ahhh its taking so long i dont know if i want to spend hours on it when I have a midterm monday.

here is my attempt after like an hour and a half:

There’s like a blob of red there, but i was getting to detailed if i were to draw that so i just stopped. I wish there was a way to automatically trace it…

Wait…i’m confused, place the photo on the artboard and use live trace. Don’t waste time hand doing it if you don’t have to. Then use the drop down menu to the left of the live trace button to select a different filter. Then if anything tweak it. Just my opinion, that’s why it’s there.

I’ll post a quick trace of my teg tonight when I get home from work.

OK, this is photography, not art class. Post processing is one thing, destroying it is another. Start a Photo Shop thread if you want to post that stuff, please.

Some old ones from my collection…

got a new lense tested it out at the camera shop. :clap:

Zuiko Lense…

Zeiss Lense…

Olympus body.

As good as the Zuiko Digitals are, the Zeiss is off the scale. you can see the warmth and extremely smooth transitions of the zuiko glass, but the Zeiss is off the scale. One of the best lenses I have ever used, the bummer for most being you need to be Manual enabled

are those 50mm lense’s Schu? i love how the Zeiss lense has a soft touch.

I used one of Schu’s Zeiss lenses briefly and I must say they’re worlds apart from any Nikkor or even Canon lens I’ve had any experience with. I’m sure they’re not popular because most people aren’t comfortable using a strictly manual lens, but they’re worth the trouble.

the Zeiss was the 50mm planar 1.4. Best $500 ever spent, the lense gets some weird reviews but I agree with some of the thoughts put fourth. I know I have posted this before but look at the resolving power… same picture just viewed at 100%. I see issues with the picture, but not the lense. all I see is ultra smooth transitions and color balance.

This is a pure digital 50mmm Zuiko 2.0… engineered for digital photography, it’s nice but it lacks ANY character. I am sure I was not using the Zeiss to full potential as evident by the ghosting, but the zeiss has charater and a life that the new generation on digitals do not.

Wow, the 1st pic with the ziess is so nice, it is soft yet balanced. But your zuico picks up details and texture extremely well. It may lack character but its clear an crisp.

What can I say, taking macro shots of flowers relaxes me. :flame:

Next thing you know, I’ll be talking about “making love” and drinking “Natty Ice.” :gay:

First one isn’t my favorite, but I tried my best to save it in PS. Background was way blown out and no matter what I did there was no way to make foreground and background both look natural.

I really like the second to last one.

Don’t worry about the blown BG on the first pic, it gives it character. If everyone took 100% properly exposed pictures all the time it would be boring, IMO.

Quick snap of one of my girls:

Nice breasts.