Policy for FOR SALE threads

Lovely idea

I’m not for this at all. If your not willing to post pictures then you will suffer the consequences of having a difficult time selling your item. If the individual is using pictures of items that are not theirs and you purchase the item and it arrives not as described, then use the proper channels of getting your money back through paypal, and report the user in the dispute forum. If you did not use paypal to process your purchase, then maybe you should not be purchasing things off of the internet.

There are procedures and safeguards in place already to prevent these things from happening, and ways to resolve them if they still do. More rules and regulations dont help, they just end up pissing people off. I for one do not do business anymore on Honda-Tech for this precise reason, its up to me the seller 100% how I’m going to conduct my business. If buyers do not like it, then they can move on and purchase someone else’s goods.

http://forums.g2ic.com/showthread.php?215563-HOW-TO-Make-a-PROPER-FS-thread

http://forums.g2ic.com/showthread.php?215562-HOW-TO-post-pictures-on-G2iC

i think my answer is pretty clear…

all the people that say posting pictures is a waste of time are 100% wrong. it makes no sense to have to respond to each and every individual that asks for pictures when you can just post them in your thread and not have to deal with that all. since “our time is so valuable” and all.

also, the $ value should make difference whether or not it should warrant a picture. regradless if im spending 5$ or 500$ its MY money and i would like to make a fully informed decision on whatever it is im spending it on. i believe PRICE, DESCRIPTION AND IMAGES should be required. the sign in the image with the sellers username on it is just a plus. we have had issues with scammers in the past and this is a great way to keep people honest.

do it neil… make the change… i already made a write up everything. i can modify the shit out of it to suit the needs of the forums as well…

Sounds good!!!

Pics yes
Username no

Reason being, I like to be able to use the same pictures on multiple forums and/or Craigslist, eBay, etc. I do not have the same username on all of those forums/sites.

Also, if you’re too lazy to post pics, you don’t deserve to have your items sell.

just take 2 pictures when youre taking pictures… one with the sign and one without. it would be an extra 3 seconds…

Would be more than 2…

All for this, it provides proof of possession and condition in most cases. And more often than not a buyer is going to ask for pictures anyway.

Most other forums already do it, so nothing out of the ordinary.

how? you would have two sets of pictures… one with the sign and one without. 2 pictures…

you would take each image twice. first with the sign and again without it.

EDIT: also, a reading fail again on my part. i see what youre saying now about it being more than 2. my bad. you could do what some do and put all your usernames on sheet of paper.

I don’t agree with it.

why not?

[QUOTE=DA_all_day;2316384]how? you would have two sets of pictures… one with the sign and one without. 2 pictures…

you would take each image twice. first with the sign and again without it.[/QUOTE]

This is why:

[QUOTE=Doc1020;2316383]All for this, it provides proof of possession and condition in most cases. And more often than not a buyer is going to ask for pictures anyway.

Most other forums already do it, so nothing out of the ordinary.[/QUOTE]

By the way, my understanding is that this is a thread to provide feedback, not to flame the ones providing it.

im not flaming… but fair enough. to not clutter the thread, i made my own in the off topic section.

i approve

thanks!

Out of all of your post, this is the only thing that is a 100% fact. And if you don’t like what someone is doing in THEIR for sale post, don’t buy THEIR items.

I addressed this here,

The point is, we have rules and procedures already in place for these things. We don’t need more rules here. Especially when its already a pain in the neck to sell things on 3 or 4 different forums, craigslist, and ebay.

Of course you are, I can see you from here salivating at the idea of more rules and control.

I definitely think pics should be mandatory. But personally I hate having to have a sign in the pic with my username and date on it. It makes selling a large quantity of things substantially more of a PITA.

agree, protect buyer

100% in support of this motion. I’m fine with requiring pics/name card verification on all FS posts. The price point is a valid argument, but I feel that total implementation/enforcement is the best way to prevent scams. It might be bothersome to some people. But, this isn’t Facebook, and we do offer a significantly more mature user base and also have a reasonably high reputation amongst the older Honda community. I’d like to think we hold ourselves to a higher standard than some other sites, so if other sites have successfully used such requirements in their commerce posts, it only makes sense to consider this a Forum Commerce Standard.

I remember suggesting this a few years ago. I’m glad to see it being considered, and gladly support it.