possibly found the first db2.....

i have a friend that does not post on here but im sure he will be shortly. i go to school near where he works so we decided to meet up and talk gsr’s. anyways i was helping him with his fast idle valve today and for shits i just took a look at his block and engine code and to my amazement the serial number was 1000001 and his vin number is 03…omg i dont know how all those numbers work out, i just thought id share…
move to correct forum if this is in the wrong spot.

:gotpics:

no there will be no pictures because this was total fabrication. i made it up so you guys would think im cool.

yea…ill get some. ive always taken pics of my engine and the serial numbers for insurance purposes and what not. this was the first time anybody had pointed this out to him and he just recently had the whole motor rebuilt. His car needs some tlc but regardless that serial number is the seckz. am i right about this or do the numbers mean something else?

:ban:

why should i be banned?

i personally thought this was pretty damn interesting and in addition i was asking if i was right about the way the numbers work.

Dont sweat it, He was more than likely just playing… :slight_smile:

i think he wants to ban you because he didn’t notice the sarcasm in the first sentence and didn’t bother reading the rest of the post.

i kind of figured that much…but i promise im taking pictures of our cars on sun/mon…i swear ill get pics of his engine it fucking tripped me out i had to look at it and feel it to see if it was fake

include the picture of the entire vin #… there is more info on the rest of the vin

vin number is no shit 1000001

maybe its that one that they did a first drive on in car and driver

Sure :roll: I read it. I need proof.

:slight_smile:

u get a pic yet

it would have to be red then
the COMPLETE vin number please

is there a site that has a decoder for vin #'s?

heres the vin code broken down

1st digit were the vehicle was built exp. US built, Japan Built, Canada Built,

2nd is what company makes the vehicle

3rd is the make from the #2 company

4 and 5 are the Carline/series (DA, DB, EK ect.)

6 is the body style 2dr, 4dr, hatch, wagon ect.

7th is the restraint codes( says if it has manual or auto belts or airbags)

8th is the engine type

9th is the check digit

10th is the year

11th is where the plant where it was made is located

12-17 are the production sequence #'s

no…really? :giggle: it is milano red and has always been

i dont not have the complete vin handy and i personally would be kinda pissed if somebody posted my complete vin but ill ask him for it this afternoon and possibly go take pics…

the important part is that the 12-17 numbers are 000003
and i messed up i said up there vin number, i meant the serial number on the engine was 1000001

sorry i cant get on this faster but im really busy studying for faa exams

people post their full vin #'s all the time.

Search for ANY number of Carfax threads.

whats the point… we know the vin could be one of two incatations, so post up
schu

that doesn’t help me tho…how can i tell what number equals what ie the 7th number code, what number would tell me if it’s auto or manual and such like that