Rate your exhaust!!!!

Okay, in an effort to reduce the “what kind of exhaust should i get” polls, i’d like to start one of my own (i know, it’s a bit hippocritical). I would like everyone to List their car, mods, what exhaust they went with, price, and how it sounded on a scale of 1-10. 1 being stock and 10 being like the tanabe racing medallion or apexi dunk. Lastly, list a brief history of you and the exhaust. Here is my own personal poll for example…

Tanabe Racing Medallion
1991 Acura Integra GS
B16A, obx intake, dc stainless headers, typeR intake manifold.
Loudness-10
My experience: The tanabe racing medallion is a great exhaust for someone who is looking for a loud, ricey exhaust. The tip is HUGE and shiny. It would echo and turn heads everywhere I went, which was both a good thing and a bad thing. I liked it at first, but then it became drony and annoying, not to mention the man pulling me over every other day. However, there is no exhaust to match it for horsepower, especially if you’re doing a turbo setup. I would buy this again for offroad use, but not for street use.

You can also critique me if you think this is a dumb poll, but i think it would be cool to just get it all out in one poll, instead of fifty.

This thread could be awsome if people had some sounds clips. Thats what would help out most

your so right, because my stock muffler sucks right now, im leaning towards kteller piping with a muffler

B18C-R, DC Sport Headers, Test Pipe, AEM Intake, 2.5 Custom piping all the way back with an ES tuning Muffler…

Loudness-6–Not too Ricey, Not too raspey and it looks stock…No exhaust tickets here!

yeah, sound clips would definetely be cool too. Also, if you have a db meter and have gotten a reading on your car, maybe we should post those too, so people actually know what they’re buying. Thanks for the input so far!! :clap:

Bosal Brospeed Cat-back for my GS-R
Loudness: 4 it’s quite stock like, a little raspy.
It looks great, has a 3" dual-tipped muffler, sounds great. Although I havent compared it to many other exhausts. The one HUGE downside is the piping- it’s a friggin rust magnet. I bought the car with it on there, and I’d say it’s a few years old, and recently it’s developed 3 big holes in the axle-back section and I’m waiting for more to come. :frowning: So, I’m going to be in the market for a new one soon. I love the fact that it’s not loud at all, but can get a little high-pitched in VTEC, but all in all, I love the way it looks and sounds, but HATE how cheap it is. Poor quality, nice sound. :down:

92 GS-R
CAI and resonated test pipe in place of cat
exhaust is the greddy SP2
Loudness is about a 4. It’s actually pretty quiet and definitely not raspy or high pitched. At idle it’s basically stock sound, but then when you step on it it gets a good bit louder, but is never a ricey sound, it stays pretty deep. Very noticable power gains.

RSR Original
93 GSR (b17)
Skunk2 manifold, 70mm TB, filter on a stick, straight pipe ‘literally’, itr header, ctr cams, j’s ecu, and too much shit to list – you get the point.
loudness: if my car were stock with only the rsr i would rate it a 1. in it’s current state id say it’s only a 3 straight piped considering im not reving over 5 grand. no ricey tone, low, deep, and smooth tone – i get into highcam then that’s a different story in terms of sound levels maybe a 5-6.

the only and i mean ONLY exhaust, I’d take over my Greddy MX, is the original RS*R. that thing is very :drool:
other than that, i love my MX :up:

meineke bitches! And that’s my white teg. My red one’s pipe is rusted off after the muffler. :run:

No seriously, RS*R all the way. it’s the only exhaust I would buy for my car. :up:

HKS Hi-Power Catback (Most RECENT)
1991 Acura Integra GS
B18A, AEM Short Ram Intake
Loudness: 7
If the car is not fully warmed up yet, it sounds very quiet. But once it gets warmed up, its a nice deep tone. Not high pitched. Very nice and rumbly.

Tanabe Hyper Medallion(2ND)
Same Car and Mods
Loudness: 4
Not that much louder from stock. Its louder then the Greddy SP but it growls.

Greddy SP
Same Car and Mods
Loudness: 3
Sounds exactly like a 350Z exhaust note.

RSR GTII Catback
1991 Acura Integra GS
B18A, Tenzo R Intake
Loudness: 9

Its very loud, deep, and rumbly.

I picked up a Tanabe Hyper Medalion last year, and I’m really happy with it. It’s not much louder than stock, and its not raspy at all like the Racing Medalion. I’ll give it a 5 for sound, but my motor is stock except for a short ram intake.

Peter

GREAT!!! Keep em comin guys!!! :bowdown:

91 GS
Borla Full Cat (not sure of specific name, it came with the car)
Nice and throaty. Ill give it a 5-6 on loudness. No huge tip or rice sound at all.

a month a go i purchased a tanabe hyper medallion cat back and its amazing…you dont really notcie it thta much…but when you get on it it opens up and is clean and loud id rate a 9. and ill get a sodn clip to go with it.

Thermal Research & Development Classic
2.25" Stainless Steel Full Cat-back
1993 LS SEDAN
AEM Short Ram, Toucan Resonated Test Pipe.
Loudness - 8

Very nice exhaust, being the only one for the 4 door. Sounds stock at idle, very nice deep tone through the power band. Does sound a bit raspy when not up to temperature, but after a minute or two it goes away. :up:

90 b18c5, short ram, rsr exmag gt2(yeah…the canister one)
loudness is 10+

This exhaust is loud and there is no ground clearance (at all) it is a    
  straight back exhaust from the cat (only one bend) underneath the gas   
  tank it may be loud but it sounds better than most of the other     
   exhaust (that's my opinion) you can barely hear it at idle...sounds 
   awesome when you floor it  :rockon:

wow u got a b18c5 in a g2…nice :clap:

93 b18a
Aem Cai/ greddy MX/msd

i would say 7 in loudness
i have a custom BPIPE with a smaller 10" resonator tho so that might differ
NICE DEep GROWLLLL

Sound/vid clip
Greddy MX
please no comments on the smoke coming out

dont have money to fix and find out whats up

93 GS
AEM CAI
Greddy SP 2
Loud- 3
The SP2 is MUCH quieter than those other canister exhausts. When blipping the throttle, it can get to sound a bit ricey but at full throttle, it just sounds mean as hell. The difference in power between a fully muffler-ed exhaust, such as the SP2, and something like the Tanabe Medallion, canister exhaust, is minimal and definately not noticable… however, the volume will be much lower and will just sound a lot better, IMO.