RAXLES! Axles that don't shake, click, leak, etc... amazing!

I couldn’t find an axle that wouldn’t shake or go out in a couple of months… tried a few different brands and various used axles. I finally just stuck with Autozone axles that I would swap out every few months under warranty. Some would end up with split boots or clicking and all caused terrible vibrations on acceleration from the moment they were installed.

So, I finally saved up some cash bought a set of axles from raxles.com… like everyone else who actually solved an axle problem has done. It’s like driving a new car now. No terrible shaking at 3-4K or at any other RPMs… it feels so much smoother overall. Yes, they are expensive, but find another axle that actually meets or exceeds OEM specs… these actually have the rubber torque damper rings on them.

Nice. Good to hear you got some good axles. But if your axles are goin out so quick I would think there is somethin else wrong with the car? I suppose it depends on how u drive too.

That and how low you are. Anytime you play with ride height, it plays with suspension geometry and that can effect ride quality and of course suspension parts. After I lowered my car one axle went out and then shortly after that another one did. if these don’t hold up I’m gettin some raxles. How much did you get a set for?

Yes, they are expensive, but find another axle that actually meets or exceeds OEM specs… these actually have the rubber torque dampener rings on them.

actually the set of axles i have on my car have the rubber dampener, dont shake at any RPM , and have yet to break crack or leak. I have had them on my car for 7 month’s and i dd my car about 70 miles a day for 6days straight. And they were about 180 for 2. And no they are not rebuilds or remans they are new.

^what brand and where from?

+1

OP - how low are you?

How much are they ? I got the same problem with pop noises and shaking.

The quote I got from raxles was $129 each w/ OEM trade in or $179 each w/o OEM trade in + shipping. Mine came out to $389 with shipping since I didn’t have OEM axles to trade in (they don’t want any Autozone crap either).

I’m pretty low… my tires are about even with my fenders with a 3 degree camber kit maxed out in the front. I’ve had the car higher and lower and still had problems. Started noticing shaking after installing my B20Z and it only got worse after installing a B16 transmission. No axle without the rubber torque dampener ring ever worked for me (remanned or new) and I never could find another brand that had them on there. Anyway, no problems now with the raxles installed… never had my car drive so smooth before.

What brand and where did you get them? I’ve looked all over the place and there have been multiple threads on here before about axles and Raxles was the only brand that I could find that solved anyone’s problems and the only one that I could find that had the dampeners on them (they’ve also got a lifetime warranty, but I don’t think I’ll be using it like I did the one with my Autozone axles). Anyway, if there is a cheaper alternative to Raxles, please share.

how can you tell when the axle going out? mine started making a hi pitch moaning noise after 2000 miles i lowered it, when accelerate you can hear sometimes.

but it doesnt shake

[QUOTE=coke;2091548]how can you tell when the axle going out? mine started making a hi pitch moaning noise after 2000 miles i lowered it, when accelerate you can hear sometimes.

but it doesnt shake[/QUOTE]

a cat? j/k

it could be a number of things since i never heard anyone say that their car is making a hi-pitch moaning sound, sounds “kinky”. does the noise get worse the faster you go? if so…it could be the hub/bearings. if you hear it sometimes when you accelerate it might be a throwout bearing, but that noise is notice everytime the clutch is depressed, perhaps a drive belt(s).

you might want to post that in another thread. on that note and back to the topic…im in the market for some new axles too and heard good things about Raxles.

great buy phatcardesignz!!!

the noise is barely noticeable , no one would even know even they are in the car, i doesnt get worse

from what you saying i think its not the axle, probably wheel bearings

its not even a problem to most of you, i am just trying to learn how to diagnose the signs of problems. hehe

sorry , i am a lil offtopic here

the are DTA axles and i bought them from Monument Auto parts in livermore ca

hmm, for half the cost, but the quality??

im happy with them so far . my car is dropped on tein lowering springs and alot of the nor-cal guys will tell you that my car is pretty low. but yea so far no tearing or anything with the axles . im really happy with them (thanks hybrid) . and im going on 7 months with no issues .

You talking to me?? I said are YOU TALKING TO ME??

No Hybrid_DA lol

Oh haha LOL :smiley:

Phatcarddesigns any problems so far with the axles?? can you give us an update?? Im considering getting these axles.

My axles are still working great - no problems at all since I installed them! I still highly recommend Raxles! :rockon: