RAXLES! Axles that don't shake, click, leak, etc... amazing!

Good to hear. How low are you riding??

I’m lowered about 2.5-3 inches. When I was doing my timing belt last month, I noticed the boot on the Raxles axle I installed back in about 2004 was ripped. The axle wasn’t clicking or anything so I had no idea (I also haven’t been lubricating the boot as often as I should). So the boot lasted about 100,000 miles (I drive the teg a lot.)

I just went ahead and bought another Raxle.

wait…dont u have a lifetime warranty on raxles???

I understand that it’s a lifetime warranty with regard to defects. After 100,000 miles on a lowered car, I’d chalk that up to just wear and tear. It’s up the Raxles to determine whether the problem is a defect or otherwise. Marty first offered to repair my boot for free, but that would mean paying freight to and from Raxles, which would probably be like $40 each way or so? But I didn’t see the point considering how long I’ve had them.

Here’s their warranty policy.

RAXLES warrants to the buyer of any axle that it is free from any defects in workmanship and material for ever, subject to the following conditions: a) The product is properly installed, used and maintained. b) Determination as to the existence and nature of any defect in workmanship or product shall be made by RAXLES, and all such determination shall be final. c) If the unit has been disassembled or modified in any way by any other party other than RAXLES, the warranty shall be considered null and void. Also not covered under the warranty: 1) Repair or replacement following collision (including collision with curb), racing or commercial use, off-road use, or any comprehensive insurance claim; 2) In the case of FWD axles, excessive damage to components due to torn boots is not covered. Inspection of boots should be part of regular vehicle maintenance. d) Purchaser must have original invoice number and date. e) RAXLES is not liable for any incidental or consequential damages. Also not covered are the labor and materials that may be necessary to remove a defective unit or to install a replacement unit. f) If all of the above terms are met RAXLES will either replace the defective unit free of charge or refund the original purchase price, at our discretion. g) To the extent permitted by law, this warranty shall be in lieu of any other warranty, expressed or implied. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. LIABILITY: Our liability is limited to the value of the unit sold or furnished. If goods are defective we have no other responsibility beyond the value of the defective unit at RAXLES. IMPORTANT NOTICE; Purchase of any product or service furnished by RAXLES shall constitute the buyer’s acceptance of RAXLES sales policies and terms.

I sent Marty an Email for clarification with regard to torn boots. I’ll post up a reply once I hear back from him.

Pretty low - there’s no fender gap with 17’s and the camber corrected as much as possible.

[QUOTE=N FUL FX;2134943]I’m lowered about 2.5-3 inches. When I was doing my timing belt last month, I noticed the boot on the Raxles axle I installed back in about 2004 was ripped. The axle wasn’t clicking or anything so I had no idea (I also haven’t been lubricating the boot as often as I should). So the boot lasted about 100,000 miles (I drive the teg a lot.)

I just went ahead and bought another Raxle.[/QUOTE]

The longevity of those axles aren’t that bad. The remans I’ve had only lasted 2 to 3 years. I’m not slammed or anything.

Hey what type of lube is good for the boots? I’ve never thought that was good practice. Nor ever I’ve seen a mechanic lube those.

That’s what I asked Marty. I usually just spray silicone lubricant on them but I never really found out what’s best to use. I’ll post up once he responds.

Here’s Marty’s response:

Hi Neil,

An axle boot failure doesn’t void our warranty. We work with the customer so no matter what, he is satisfied with our response.

I think that other than staying off lime rock roads, not a whole lot can be done.

Almost ALL the boot failures we have seen have been on lowered cars.

If the angles are high enough, the boots will rub at the folds.

BTW, some customers swear by silicone spray lubricant.

So I didn’t really have to buy a new one. I was just under such strong time constraints, that I couldn’t wait for the warranty process. I hope that clears things up.

Good info Neil. So it’ll be more convenient for you to replace the boot yourself rather than waiting and paying for freight to and from raxles…right??

I was thinking maybe they use diferrent boots at raxles. Are you going to ask for a boot from them?

Pls clarify. If you buy the boots only and install them yourself to replace the defective raxles boots, the warranty does not void?

Well if its a hassle to buy the boot, I mind as well go buy the whole axle.

I guess one could replace the boot oneself but I would think that would void the warranty because Raxles didn’t do the work.

In my case, I had to have a new axle immediately. I didn’t have the time to remove my axle, send it back to Raxles for repair, and wait for it to be shipped back. I just went ahead and bought a new axle. I didn’t take the warranty service. That’s my loss. If you have the time, use their warranty service. Hope that clears things up :slight_smile:

hell, couldn’t you just switch out the axles for the new ones and send the old ones in and get them back for later? :dozing:

Neil it is a few hour drive from where you are to Raxle.

Raxles inc
2341 NW 71st Pl
Gainesville FL 32653-1623

[QUOTE=phatcardesignz;2091339]The quote I got from raxles was $129 each w/ OEM trade in or $179 each w/o OEM trade in + shipping. Mine came out to $389 with shipping since I didn’t have OEM axles to trade in (they don’t want any Autozone crap either).
[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm funny. There is no such thing as an OEM axle. You can’t get a Honda axle as far as I know.

I’m gonna look into Raxles one day. It would be nice to have a good set of axles.

[QUOTE=DAtIntegra35;2135982]Hmmmm funny. There is no such thing as an OEM axle. You can’t get a Honda axle as far as I know.

I’m gonna look into Raxles one day. It would be nice to have a good set of axles.[/QUOTE]

There are people who still have OEM axles on their cars or ones that were rebuilt from OEM cores. However, most that the parts stores are selling now are completely aftermarket which tends to result in them being completely crap.

I can get factory rebuilt(ACURA OEM) FROM DEALER axels for 280 or raxels for 360 whats the best move for me i have the 2-3k shake and been throgh autozone axles like a fool also putting down some decient power 237wheel and its lowered ???

In this case is spending more going to give me a better product?

[QUOTE=JayDM_ls/vtec;2136173]I can get factory rebuilt(ACURA OEM) FROM DEALER axels for 280 or raxels for 360 whats the best move for me i have the 2-3k shake and been throgh autozone axles like a fool also putting down some decient power 237wheel and its lowered ???

In this case is spending more going to give me a better product?[/QUOTE]

Raxles. Really these guys know axles. Its better paying a few extra bucks for something its satisfaction guaranteed.

Update on your raxles? I Just ordered one for the drivers side. Can’t wait.

mine still work great!

Great! Looks like Marty exchanged the gloves and microfiber cloth to pocket knives. Sweet.

t=1288757926