SEATS THREAD! What seats DO fit our cars and how well!

oh well, i was expecting a better comeback than that. :shrug:
gotta lower my expectations…

good luck… let me know how it turns out…

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31280&highlight=del+sol+seats

actually there was a write up on it, but neil deleted it.

i had work many long hours yesterday schooling noobs in the fine art of Running a cash register. While I love my job as a retail manager I dont love the fact that my store exclusivly employs the unemployable thus making me wear 2 hats.

that thread is how i knew that only 3 bolts lined up.
i just wanted to know from the guy that said he put them in what rails he used.

Intalled Del Sol seats in my show DA.

Like stated 3 of the 4 bolts semi-line up with the stock del sol bracets. I went by the g2ic write up someone had on here a while back.

You need to fabricate the rails using the parts from the DA brackets. You will use the DA brackets but there are a few misc things you will need off of the del sol brackets. Sorry I can’t remember the entire process, its been 2-3 years since I installed them. If anyone needs help I will be glad to try to answer their questions…

Anyways when all said and done, all 4 bolts fit, and the seats pretty much fit like they are meant for the car, and I am using the OEM DA seat belts.

Old pic, but it gives you the point.

i made custom brackets to get crx si seats in, and they are awesome. i dont know how to load pics though.

Recaros raise your seating position about an inch. Sparcos (at least my Torinos) lower your seating postion about an inch. If you have power seat belts, a custom bracket needs to be made to hold the “reel”. I have access to a shop, so this wasn’t a problem for me. I made them out of stainless for strength. Don’t be zip tieing your seatbelts. It’s a safety thing. On a 1-10 scale, a 4 as far as difficulty (10 being the most difficult).

DAN!!! Whats up brotha! How have you been? Hope all is well. Have a great Christmas dood.

Vernon, been good man. Busy as hell with remodeling the house. But I’m still around. Shoot me an e-mail or give me a call sometime. We’ll catch up. Merry merry to you too buddy and have a drink or 6 for me on new years :angel: :vomit:.

i have JDM STI Recaro SR2’s i believe their called

anyways it took the day to install em - usuing momo sliders and we just built our own mounts

works amazing and looks andfeels even better

red striped crx seats (i havn’t seen these seats in anyone elses car how come? 35pounds lighter then stock seats aswell difficulty about a 6 basicly the seats wouldnt bold right on so i used the brackets off the crx except used rectangle shaped spacers to widen them out then put the stock sliders on hard to explain but easy if watching then painted all the brackets and components flat black seats look slick like racing seats with a honda touch to them

that makes no sense man… stock seats weigh in at 30-35 lbs with the brackets on them, are you seriously telling me that a CRX seat weighs half of what a DA seat weighs? if what you are saying is true; although i dont believe it, thats as light as some fiberglass bucket seats out there

don’t believe it i could care less but i’m telling you the crx seat weighd about 16.5 pounds lighter then my stock seats together i lost somewhere around 35 pounds (estimating)
i did include brackets . and i’m done arguing so if you wanna denie it anymore go for it the seats are in my car dude
i got told in another thread these seats were designed by Recaro

I’ll be doing a write-up on installing EP3 seats into my DA here soon. Just waiting on my friend to finish up a project.

ep3 nice wont they be too bulky or no sorry no experience on them

[QUOTE=90-JDM-integra;1951398]don’t believe it i could care less but i’m telling you the crx seat weighd about 16.5 pounds lighter then my stock seats together i lost somewhere around 35 pounds (estimating)
i did include brackets . and i’m done arguing so if you wanna denie it anymore go for it the seats are in my car dude
i got told in another thread these seats were designed by Recaro[/QUOTE]

I think some miscommunication was going on there for a while, I thought you meant 35 pounds each seat, not combined, as I’m sure most others did as well.

oh sorry everyone if i directed you in the wrong way i did mean together
thas kewl man everyone f’s up

I don’t think so. Someone else on here has done it. They are taller than most oem seats but they are so damn comfy and cheaper than ITRs but have the colors I want so I’m going for it.

:gotpics: of the other person that did it