SEATS THREAD! What seats DO fit our cars and how well!

A few months ago I installed some leather seats out of a G3 gsr. You could line up 3/4 bolts without doing anything, but it was crooked and ghetto as hell. Definitely not very safe either.
I tried using the del-sol writeup (do a search) as the del-sol seats are the same as the G3 seats, however it did not go well at all. I ended up having to do quite a bit of fabrication; I put the DA sliders/rails onto the DC seats, however they did not bolt up well at all. I ended up having to put the DA passengers sliders/rails on the DC drivers seat, and vice versa. After about 10 hrs of hacksawing, drilling, filing, and cursing I finally got them in.
I am mildly pleased with the results, but I don’t find the seats to be very comfortable and all the work to do it was certainly not worth it.
If you do follow a write-up, make sure your parts match the stuff in the write-up.
Heres my thread for reference. http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185122

Its funny yunno…i have the ugliest original torn up, stained ripped seats in my 90DA…and they may look like crap but I am afriad to change to anythign else cuz its just SUCH A GOOD SEAT. Would hate to pay 250/aftermarket-no name seats and have them hurt my back after ahalf hour of driving.

Just thought Id take a sec to give props to our awesome stock seats. :smiley:

/\ /\ +1 on that.

My seats aren’t as bad as yours, but either way; you’re right- they’re pretty good all in all. They could be a little more supportive, (I’m not a big guy) but I’m thinking of getting the version w/ side bolster adjustments to compensate for that. Is that the LS-S or just an option? Any body??

I wanna get them all redone in CRX SI material; w/ a bit more padding to get’em extra cushy. I think that’d be pretty sweet. That or get CRX seats & re-do the back. Not sure yet.

:getsome::manual:

Corniest quote ever: “Get yours today! JDM is IN!”

my old set up was ep3 seats with type r rears, my new is s2k fronts and g3 rear leather seats

^^ you got a write up on your setup? Nice setup by the way! :rockon:

XD whats the point in having those seats if no one can even sit there XD

Not to mention the big gap between the rear panel & the seat itself. I assume it’s like that on both sides? That makes Type R rears a :down: for me.

Corniest quote ever: “Get yours today! JDM is IN!”

If you guys want some stock seats I have my clothes from my 93. Both front and rear are coming out. Great condition. Replacing them with my Sparco’s.

[QUOTE=h93da6;1956560]My seats aren’t as bad as yours, but either way; you’re right- they’re pretty good all in all. They could be a little more supportive, (I’m not a big guy) but I’m thinking of getting the version w/ side bolster adjustments to compensate for that. Is that the LS-S or just an option? Any body??

[/QUOTE]

I’m pretty sure all the GS models came with them. At least mine did. I ended up recovering the torn bolster on mine with a passenger seat cover I found at the junkyard, you just need to poke a hole for the bolster knob to pass through. And for the record, the bolster and lumbar support adjustment do wonders for comfort. Making 13 hours drives for Miami to Charlotte, NC, is proof enough for me.

Lol, and again I have GS seats for sale. Lol maybe I should just post them. I like mine. But I am a big guy (6’9") so I swapped them out for my Sparco’s.

Does the driver’s side have the side bolster adjustment knob? Post pics please. How much for the seats?

Figure that out!

I just drove in my new GS for the first time today. To think, all of this time I didnt know they had better seats lol I have been driving on RS seats for 5 years and thought they were great.

These really are much more comfortable…Its probably better that I never knew all this itme. :wink:

[QUOTE=h93da6;1970150]Does the driver’s side have the side bolster adjustment knob? Post pics please. How much for the seats?

Figure that out![/QUOTE]

Sorry I haven’t checked this post for a while, yes the seats have the adjuster on the side. They are from my 93 GS. $100 for the pair.

just to let everyone know ef rear seats do not fit the da.