skunk2 ajustable camber upper control arms intresting

i heard from sum1 that you can use g3 skunk2 ajustable upper control arms on g2’s as long as you put the pasengerside on driver and driver on passenger and apparently this works has any1 else ever heard of this?

I had read that they do not fit due to being too long and hitting the inner fenders. Moral of story? you will probably have to spend money to see if they fit.

though IIRC the anchor points are also at a different spacing

I have the skunk 2 adjustable cabmer arms. Swapped sides left to right in order to fit them. The difference lies in the way the arm forks outwards from the balljoint. With them at their correct sided locations, the angle of the arms from the mounting points would have caused the arms to come into contact with the spring on one side (near the front of the vehicle, I believe), while leaving a huge gap between the arm and spring on the opposing side (towards the rear). Swapped sides, and the spring strut assemble now sits perfectly centered between the arms. Neuspeed race springs, koni yellows, 3D four wheel alignment well within factory specifications.

ye i seen it dun on a car b4

I have the skunk 2 adjustable cabmer arms. Swapped sides left to right in order to fit them. The difference lies in the way the arm forks outwards from the balljoint. With them at their correct sided locations, the angle of the arms from the mounting points would have caused the arms to come into contact with the spring on one side (near the front of the vehicle, I believe), while leaving a huge gap between the arm and spring on the opposing side (towards the rear). Swapped sides, and the spring strut assemble now sits perfectly centered between the arms. Neuspeed race springs, koni yellows, 3D four wheel alignment well within factory specifications.

:gotpics:

ok, here goes… sorry for the crappy cellphone pics. Only shots I have.

Pic 1 and 2 show the before… Again front suspension specs are DC spec Koni yellow, DC spec Neuspeed race springs (listed at 2.5" drop for DC), DC forks, Ingalls extreme (maxed at 3.0 degrees positive camber). My tires would rub slightly on the inner fender liners with wheel at full lock, and the ingalls kit squeaked like mad.

pic 1

pic 2

Note, at this point, I had approx -2 degrees camber, and somewhere around 3" drop.

Then I had a run-in with a pothole on a sunday. Pic 3 shows the destroyed lower balljoint, driveshaft and damaged upper balljoint. The closest performance shop was able to get the skunk2 arms in for Tuesday, so I thought it would be a good time to change both upper arms.

pic 3

Pic 4 shows the difference between stock upper arms with the ingalls kit installed, and the skunk2 arm. If my memory serves me correctly, these are both the driver’s side arms, but either way the theory holds true.

pic 4

Notice how one arm is longer than the other. one the skunk2 arm, the arm on the left is the long one, while on the oem arm, the one on the right is longer. When I tried to mount them in the correct location (for DC), the long side arm would come in contact with the spring, while the short side had a large space between the arm and spring/strut assembly. I swapped sides, and it centered the spring/strut directly between the arms, and I experience no contact between the arms and the inner fender even when I bottom out. Regarding bolt hole spacing: it is true that they are off by approx 1/64"-1/32". I used a prybar and coaxed the bolts into the holes without any fuss.
*Note - These arms do not come with the connector arms that go through the fender. Have spares, or re-use your stock ones. I ended up trading a friend my ingalls kit for stock arms.

Pic 5 and 6 show the finished product: somewhere around 3" drop, 0.8 degrees negative camber both sides. 0 degrees thrust angle. 0 degrees toe.

pic 5

pic 6

Any close up pics of the skunk2 control arms installed?

are the EG forks the same as the DCs?

Sorry, no pics of them installed yet. I’ll take some later this week, next time I put my car up on the hoist. Obviously can’t take any pics while they’re on the ground.

Just read this thread posted by spikeymike:

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthre…&threadid=39864

and it really didn’t seem to be that much difference in width to me. I never thought to start taking all the different angled pics comparing the two thouroughly, I was just trying to get my car on the road again safely. I’m glad that I hadn’t come across this before, or I would definately have been scared off. I’m now wondering if either his oem arms or my oem arms were somehow damaged somewhere? When I test fit my skunk2 arms on the wrong sides, everything lined up 98% perfectly. The rounded tops of the bolts slipped through the fender holes, there was just not quite enough cleareance for the thread of the bolts to slide up without a little push. I definately didn’t have 1/2" of difference.

Again I can’t stress enough that anyone considering a hybrid DA suspension setup read and understand this first:

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30796

ok, here’s some pics I took yesterday of the arms installed.

pic 1 - the car is jacked up just enough to show the a-arm.

pic 2 - shows full extension off the ground

pic 3 - taken from bottom of spring looking up

pic 4 shows clearance between a-arm and fender liner. It’s close, about 1/4", but it doesn’t hit or rub. My frnder liner was damaged when my balljoint broke.

Hmm… i might have to try this, I’m really getting annoyed with the SPC adj. ball joint hitting my fenders when i hit a dip in the road and by your pics your way lower then my teg.

So are these DC arms or EG’s? (even though both will work according to Ben)

This IS very interesting about switching sides! Still not sure how these fit when there was supposed to be ~1/2" difference in width between the DA vs. DC arms according to previous posts w/ pics.
http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39864
I would have to assume you could do the same thing with the OmniPower A-arms.

wow very intresting skunk camber here i come. spc ball joint say good bye

I tried this, didn’t work out for me. Not going to bother trying again!

Can you expain why it didnt work for you, seemed to work in the DA above just fine

I am in the market for a front camber kit and really dont want to run the adjustable balljoint type

so which camber kit is this, 96-00, or 92-95 civic

the g3 teg (94-01)

…I hope someone else can confirm this works

if the G3 skunk 2 arms worked for u, then in theory it should work for someone with DA springs, struts, and DA forks. how did u know it was going to work b4 u bought the skunk2’s. nevertheless, GREAT FIND. now DA guys can enjoy adj control arms too…lol. :hi5:

so how low is your car? and does it hit the fenderwell when u hit a pothole? and are those 17’s that clear so nice. good job

Anyone notice it looks like the pics were taken underwater? Atleast that is the impression I get from the colors in the pics. I was waiting for a fish to swim by or something… heh

Well i emailed the guy to see how its working and have gotten no reply…really wish someone else would confirm that this works before I buy the arms :stuck_out_tongue: