So Hondata is Suing PGMFI.org...Blundar needs some help!

Hondata is just butt-hurt because diy(Crome,Uber,etc.) for less to nothing is hurting there biz. Who needs em’ anyway. Who wants to pay hundreds for a system when it’s much more economical as well as exciting to diy!

i completely disagree. but thats cool. i’ve noticed that all the cars making “real” power and running “real” times and using hondata or AEM.

before u ask, i will explain what i mean by “real.” and i mean all motor B20/VTECs making 235whp at 8800 rpms running 12.0 in a full interior crx.

or a ls/vtec/turbo making 600+whp run 9.66 at 160mph in sfwd 93 civic coupe.

when i see these cars running hondata and running well constantly i take notice.

[QUOTE=kyle10182;1769733]i completely disagree. but thats cool. i’ve noticed that all the cars making “real” power and running “real” times and using hondata or AEM.

before u ask, i will explain what i mean by “real.” and i mean all motor B20/VTECs making 235whp at 8800 rpms running 12.0 in a full interior crx.

or a ls/vtec/turbo making 600+whp run 9.66 at 160mph in sfwd 93 civic coupe.

when i see these cars running hondata and running well constantly i take notice.[/QUOTE]

I see where you’re coming from, I really do, but the average Joe doesn’t have the financial backing to make “real” power as you see it. That’s where these freewares come into play. If these guys didnt spend hours upon hours to develop these “free” and easily tunable programs to use the DIY community wouldn’t be what it is. That’s a fact. If you took a poll of Hondata vs. DIY usage, I can guarantee DIY would be the majority. But this isn’t about who can make “X” power with either. Does it hurt their biz? I’d say so. Should PGMFI be held reliable?? My vote is no. It’s all about money and I can guarantee this suit will hurt Hondata’s profits more than help it. Just IMO.

wait i don’t get it. i haven’t used either program but if pgmi.org didn’t steal anything off hondata why are they suing them?

i dont like what they’ve done to the community. They’ve allowed people to settle for lower quality because of the price. “the majority” of these cheap bastards, in fact.

Care to elaborate on that? Most hobbyists, not people looking to race their cars in any class before having a daily driver, are attracted to the honda community because of the low price in all aspects. You make the honda community sound as if it was once a prestigious club and PGMFI was the downfall. What they’ve gradually allowed is let most of us low budget builders to create a quality tune with powerful software in comparison to the alternative - being SAFC’s, FMU’s and check valves.

I’d love for you to explain further on these opinions of yours…

I bet you can’t.

:nobody: If the pgmfi forums are taken down a forum related to them will arise. I think dave will be suited like crazy but the forum should still be up, I gotta read the hondata thread.

maybe he’s employed by or has stock in hondata’s parent company…? or maybe he felt like he was generalized in an earlier comment… maybe too “high-class” for the most of us??? i am trying to understand his point but it seems that his whole stance is built in response to that earlier comment. weird.

Its crazy people would person who chooses to use the diy approach a cheap bastard. Me myself I can buy good parts and don’t have a problem using a good diy tip if it works but for beginners that $$$ might not be that advanced dey gotta start somewhere.