Some one slashed my tire today

Yea:werd:so some one slashed my tire to day as i was in the store. It will be $150 for a new one.You can see the they tried stabbing the tire but thank god they Failed

Maybe it’s just because your tires were old and it started cracking and it got worse from being underinflated and it finally gave? Either that or the rims were ugly and the tires didn’t like it?

That’s what it looks like to me as well.

Under inflation is the most common cause of failures in any kind of tire and may result in severe cracking, component separation or “blowout,” with unexpected loss of vehicle control and accident. Under inflation increases sidewall flexing and rolling resistance resulting in heat and mechanical damage.

See that it what i was thinking but the tire shop said it was a slash from some one. Also, the tire’s are only a year old and I’m always checking the air. But if you look at the 2ed pic,you can see how they tried stabbing the tire as well. Ether way,im getting new tires soon so I’m good. It just sucks that this had to happen now and not later.

I would not believe everything a tire shop says. Some don’t know better.

If you closely look at the tire, you can see how long of a crack it is.

I highly doubt someone would make a really long slash.

Here is a picture with the middle tones brought out. Goes from the left all the way to the right. You can see the thin cracking in between the larger cracks.

WTF are you talking about stab marks? I don’t see shiet on the 2nd pic. Are you talking about the nipple looking thing after the “W”? I believe that’s part of the tire.

And why does it suck now and not later? It’s a good thing the tire blew out when you’re parked… if it was on the freeway, then you’ll probably be more fcuked then you are now…

I see what you are saying:) IDK maybe maybe not. But i think you are right about this. This was also my first thought but i know nothing about tires but drive on them:angel: I just don’t understand how a new tire will go bad that fast. And i can’t take them back because i got them in the bay.

[QUOTE=hybrid90;2119659]WTF are you talking about stab marks? I don’t see shiet on the 2nd pic. Are you talking about the nipple looking thing after the “W”? I believe that’s part of the tire.

And why does it suck now and not later? It’s a good thing the tire blew out when you’re parked… if it was on the freeway, then you’ll probably be more fcuked then you are now…[/QUOTE]

LOL i just seen that:angel: Scratch that and turn it around. Now about the nipple, its not a nipple at all. Ill get a better pic of it later but it is a stab mark.

It’s the weather.

If tire rubber gets cold enough, it gets hard and brittle. Flex it enough and it’ll crack.

Good point. Never knew that can happen. Thanks

That is a really weird tire situation. Like spikeymike said it could be the weather, combined with pressure along that spot from your snow chains as well. Sorry to hear about your tire.

[QUOTE=hybrid90;2119659]
And why does it suck now and not later? It’s a good thing the tire blew out when you’re parked… if it was on the freeway, then you’ll probably be more fcuked then you are now…[/QUOTE]

I was going about 55mph in my volvo 740 and my front driver side tire exploded. I and the little asian whore in the passenger seat almost died. Blowout = no fun.

he said little asian whore…lol …was she?

Um I dont think that it was slashed i think it was a bad tire an were did you get them in the bay (as what store)

lol

oh she totally was but its cool. I kicked her ass to the curb after she gave me shit for taking her to the (then) one and only Sonic in NJ

[QUOTE=darussianone;2119682]he said little asian whore…lol …was she?

Um I dont think that it was slashed i think it was a bad tire an were did you get them in the bay (as what store)[/QUOTE]

I can not remember the name of the place but i think it was Mike’s tire corp. Its in Hayward off “A” Street

Hey did you see the video about tire age? Check to see the date of manufacture for those tires.

31st week of the year 2007 if I’m reading it right… But the back tires are not the same and dose not have a date.

im sure kiale got cheap tires…that’s wut happens when you get cheap tires. plus im positive that u beat ur car to death, just because it redlines at 8k doesn’t mean you rev it there all the time!!! high speeds and rapid acceleration causes the tires to heat up excessively and over time wears down not only the treads but also the sides walls. i can see that you were running skinny 40 series, and if they are cheap tires, that thin sidewall doesn’t stand a chance if abused!!!

oh yeah…someone did slash ur tires…it was you!!! hehehehe

LOL funny.:slight_smile: