Stock Seat Belts on Aftermarket Seats?

where did u get the aftermarket bracket and how much did they cost??

actually i got the bracket from ebay, and made by Weapons’R…
Maybe the sparco or Corbeau is better, but those are more expensive…

Thats pretty cool…so the weapon R seat brackets have a spot to mount the auto seatbelt?

Yes, you can see how the auto seatbelt mount on the bracket in the previous page.

nice job yicng :up: , where are you located in GA?

Thx cmcdani, and i’m in Marietta… :slight_smile:

Okay, here’s the story. I bought some Airdynamics racing seats off of eBay, similar to the ones in the photos in this thread. For some reason I guess I was impatient and decided instead of ordering brackets I’d try and make some. Well, I used two whole days and finally got my driver side seat in and it looks okay and works but I’m just not happy with it, so I’m pissed that I spent the money on metal/bolts and the whole two days. But anyway, my question now is does anyone know where to get Weapon’R brackets? Or would a sparco or Corbeau bracket have a spot to mount the factory belts. Basically I’d like to be able to just bolt these things in and not have to worry about it. Any help would be great!

I got mine Weapon’R brackets off from ebay… also… I did email Sparco and Corbeau to ask about the automatic seat belt issue, they both reply me that it can hold the automatic seat belt… HTH.

Thanks for the info man. I’ve been looking around online and it looks like most corbeau and sparco brackets are 75 bucks or so. Same for the Weapon R’s, I saw them on eBay for 75 buy it now. On these brackets do you use the sliders that came with the seats or what? I drove my car tonight afte posting my first post and I like it more than I thought, I think I’m just not used to racing seats as opposed to the factory ones. The only thing I don’t like about the weapon R’s is that the seatbelts are so squished in the middle, my e-brake console is painted black and I’m afraid that allot of sliding on the seats would rub it off.

well, the Weapon R only comes with the brackets, no slider, i just use the silder that comes with the seats. And yes, the auto seatbelt is really squished in the middle, but luckily, i didn’t paint my interior, so not bothering me…
Anyway, I will go to Knoxville next Thur and Fri, donno it is close to you place or not, if so, maybe we can meet together.

I’ve gotten used to my “homemade” brackets so I might just stick with them. You got lucky getting those Weapon’R’s for 25 bucks, the cheapest I’ve seen is 75. Knoxville is probably about 3 or 4 hours from here but if you want to take a drive to Nashville we could meet up if you want. Anyway, thanks for the help man.

hey Yicng, I know I’ve racked your brain with questions about these brackets but I’ve got one more question, do the seats sit square in the car? I’ve discovered my “homemade” brackets hold me over on the left too far and it’s really annoying. Do the weapon R’s put the seat right in the middle of the steering wheel? Thanks for all the help/pics so far man, hopefully this will be the last.

well… those brackets sit center… not too far from left or right. However, since the slider is a universal one… so my passenger seat is facing a little bit center… but it can be fix easily… I just too lazy to take out the seat and do the adjustment. :stuck_out_tongue:

FYI, I think it pretty safe with the auto seat belt. Since I got someone hit my rear at the traffic light, and the auto seat belt choked me. That hit made my coin pocket on the dash felt on the floor, and my rear bumper push back a little bit…

Anyway, if you still have any question, let me know.

awsome, this thread has been so much help…any idea which ebay seats i SHOULD buy? need to be careful…

I used my stock brackets with my JDM ITR Recarsos…and now ot sits like 1/2 inch shorter than stock.

I think any of the eBay seats would be fine. From my extensive searching on this subject I think most all aftermarket seats have about the same bolt pattern so anything you buy should fit with most of the aftermarket brackets out there. I think that this thread has pretty much confirmed that for me atleast. As far as seatbelts, if you notice on the weapon R’s in this thread, the seat belts are mounted to the bracket, not the seat itself so if you slide the seat forward or back the belt will stay where it is. I’ve already made my own seat belt brackets that bolt to the bottom of the seat so that once I bolt them up to my weapon r’s (just ordered last night, ebay for 75 bucks) the seatbelts will slide with the seats.

this needs to be archived, a lot of good info here

I agree, there is hardly any info about seats/sliders on this board and even on others, I looked at honda tech, superhonda and some others and still couldn’t find much.

hmmmm…

hmmm…just bought matrix seats on ebay, says it comes with “universal sliding brackets” is that the sliders? the brackets? both? any one got a clue? also if it doesnt come with the sliders…or the brackets…anyone know what will fit a matrix seat? thanx!

Okay, I’ve been to hell and back with seat brackets so I feel like I know a little. You can basically figure that those universal sliders are only half of a two part system. You have sliders which mount to the bottom of the seat and actually do the sliding then you mount brackets to the sliders. There is no way to mount the sliders to the car without a bracket unless you had a totally flat floor board and believe me, we don’t. Check around and try to find out what kind of bolt pattern the Matrix seats have. I think most aftermarket seats are all about the same, I just bought some weapon R brackets that came in today and will bolt right up to my no-name eBay seats and they said they would fit on sparco and weapon R and some others. eBay is a great place to check for brackets. If you need any other help let me know, it’s horribly frustrating and I’ve been there so I figure I ought to help out.