Stock Seat Belts on Aftermarket Seats?

Very Helpful

This thread has been very helpful. I just ordered my Weapon R brackets from this place. www.weaponspeed.com/wersebr.html

I’ve spent at least 2 solid weekends trying various ways of modifying the stock brackets to accept my DAD racing seats and every thing I’ve tried so far has worked, but has not been perfect. The automatci seat belts are a pain and I didn’t realize they were bolted to the seat before I ordered my new seats. I’ve also spent at least $50 on metal, bolts, and tools.

Has anyone else tried these brackets since this thread started? What kind of seats did you use? I saw a few of you ordered the brackets also. Did they bolt right up to your aftermarket sliders? The sliders that come with the DAD seats are pretty cheezy but they’ll work. It will be nice to have something that my wife will sit in. She refused to sit in my “custom” brackets.

I’m very happy with the quality of the DAD seats that I got. They look exactly like Sparcos and are very supportive. I will post pics as soon as I get the brackets and put them in my car. Hopefully they will require no modifications, but if they do I will post instructions on how I get them in.

i only c the sliders but does neone know does the sliders come with the thing that u hold up to adjust the seats forward and backward?
btw its from this website if neone ever deal from them before…http://store.rms-usa.com/teslbr.html

like this one have…

thanks.

Any decent seat manufacturer that includes sliders will include the lever to use them. Not sure if that’s what you’re asking or not.

DAD Seats are in

OK, so I got my Weapon R brackets from the link I posted earlier. They came in a week. To fit my DAD seat they required some modifications so I thought I’d share with you guys how I did it. Like some of you I tried to modify the stock brackets to fit the seats and that didn’t work. I couldn’t get the seat centered and taking off the rivets to get a flat working surface was too hard for the basic hand tools that I have.

The weapon R brackets are good quality and have the seat belt holder. Thanks to Ycing for posting the pics. Unlike him, I had to take out my ebrake cover to get the seat belts to fit in the car. I’m going to have to trim it before I put it back in the car, or add some sort of extention to make the seat belt bracket holder higher?? Any ideas would be welcome. I added a picture of the bracket with nothing attached so you can see what it looks like.

To adapt the bracket to fit my DAD sliders I had to cut two metal bars to mount my sliders on.

I mounted my seat belt on the inside of the mount as opposed to the outside like Ycing did. This was so I hopefully would have more room to clear the ebrake. It gives a little more room, but not enough.

Once I had the custom metal bars mounted to the Weapon R brackets I drilled holes to mount my DAD sliders to the metal bars. They were about an inch too short to mount directly to the weapon R bracket.

Oh, and while your seat is out now is a great time to clean up the sodas your girlfriend has spilled between the ebrake and the seat!!

Now attach the sliders to the seat and then take the bracket out of the car and attach it to the sliders and seat and then put the seat, sliders, and bracket in the car as one whole unit just like when you took it out. Don’t forget to hook up the seatbelt wires again:-)

It seems like pretty much any seat that comes with sliders should mount up to these brackets with some modifications. I used a jigsaw with a metal blade and metal drill bits in my drill. All together I spent $400 on the seats, $100 on the sliders and about $100 on the metal, bolts and tools. Email me if you’d like bigger pictures to see something or more pictures. You can also check out my old Mustang here. I sold it to buy a condo and b/c I couldn’t afford the gas anymore. So I got into Honda’s instead. http://www.ricklockwood.com/My_car/index.htm

Most of you will like these pictures as well. It’s a Ferrari car show I went to a few months ago in Chicago. http://www.ricklockwood.com/Ferrari/

I hope this helps you guys. I know there are a lot of posts asking about how to replace the leather seats that came in these cars. Mine were totally ruined and it was the only part of my car I didn’t like.

DSC02209.jpg

DSC02215.jpg

DSC02214.jpg

DSC02217.jpg

DSC02219.jpg

My Car

I thought I’d throw in a pic of my car. I just put the wheels on it. They were on my brothers old Prelude. He gave them to me when he sold his car. http://www.ricklockwood.com/Jas_Car/index.htm

Let me know what you think. I know it needs to be lowered but with the roads in Chicago I’d dent the wheels at least once a week.

Left_Front_s2.jpg

As far as getting the seatbelts on there without hitting the e-brake console. I cut a flat bar of like 1/8 inch metal and drilled two holes that go where the bolt holes go from the seat to the bracket. Then bent it up on the inside and bolted the seatbelt to this. It works great and the seatbelts don’t come near the e-brake. So basically you have a strip of metal coming from under the seat then up the side for the seatbelt to mount to. Oh, and I used the weapon R brackets.

:up:

Very nice d00d!

I have a set of this seats with brakets, sliders everything you need black brand new looks like recaro SRD without name local pick up prefered north hollywood ca here is a link to pics 500 or best offer!
RECARO SRD

Pics were just updated took pics nextto real recaros for you to compare check them out!!
here is the link
pics

nice… :rockon:

off topic, but did you get the red or black seats. If you got the red ones how do they look in your interior. Pics?

yo, bumpyty bump

I have black Recaros

I have to restart this thread because my seats have to be replaced. These are the seats that I’m going to order. They come with sliders, but I’m going to get the Weapon R sliders, as well.
http://www.streetimports.com/product_details.asp?id=368

bossmanceo, I have a question. How did you mount your lap belt (the close to the door, not the one by the ebrake) to your seat? It looks like it bolted right up. How did that work?

http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com/ This is where i got my brackets from. I actually sit almost an 1.5 inches lower than stock… It fells awsome. I am using DC2 recaro sliders with thier custom brackets…Yes it willl allow stock seat belts. It has the bracket already welded on. Good Luck

TypeR+DA, are you saying that this seat and slider combo from Recaro bolted right up? No issues at all?

NO IT DOESNT. DC2 brackets will not fit in a da. I have heard that you can match 3 of the 4 holes up but i tried the jdm itr brackets and i could only get two. The website i posted sells the Da brackets to work with the jdm itr recaro sliders. That way all i had to do is buy the brackets. I dont know if the brakets will fit other kinds of seat rails but i know for sure they will fit recaro. I also know that they sell universal brakets just like the ones i got but you drill your own holes for what ever sliders you have. If you dont have sliders you can get some universal ones of any import parts website. My seats will be out on thursday so i can clean them for a show, and i will take pics of the bottom to hopefully help explain.

Great! Thanks! Any pictures you can post would be a huge help!

I have jdm ITR recaro brackets with my srds and yes only 2 of the four bolts lined up. So i had to reweld two of the holes. Other than that the seat feel and fit great.

ms-TEGGY- http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131941
Have you ever cleaned your seats. Are your red or Black. IF you have please look at my thread and let me know what you did and used.