Stock Seat Belts on Aftermarket Seats?

keep you stock seats…unless you get good ones…dont get matrix mine broke the first day… :getsome:

Racing seat installation.

I’m having a problem installing my racing seats. I bought some Bomz racing seats off Ebay for $300. Though they are a cheaper brand, they are actually pretty good seats. The sliders that came with them fit onto the Weapon R brackets I got for $100 perfectly. The seats sit on the sliders perfectly. The only problems I have are that my stock automatic seat belt will not fit with my center console / ebrake plastic housing. Is there a work around for this? Can anybpdy post pictures of how they did theirs without taking out their center console or plastic ebrake housing?

I am also willing to just leave out the stock seat belt and get some 4 point harnesses, but I don’t know how I would disable the seatbelt light and beeper. I also don’t know where the 4 points are to bolt them since I have no pilar bolts to install a harness bar onto. I heard I could use the bolts for my back seat belts for the shoulder harness points, but I’m not sure where the lap harness point would bolt to.

Any ideas? Pictures would be greatly appreciated.

BUMP!
I’m in this situation any help or preferably pics. I want to retain my stock belts.

I had the same problem when i put my recaros in. The seat belt belt would hit my armrest if i moved the seat. I got around it by taking the cover off of the seatbelt but it looked like shit without the cover.

I had the same problem with the WeaponR brackets. I made a custom seat belt bracket that attached to the WeaponR’s and the belts fit right in the stock location. It was pretty easy, just a couple parts. I’ll try and take some pics this evening and post them up. I don’t have my racing seats in my car anymore but they are laying around my house, I will take some close ups of the brackets and maybe see if I have an old pic of how they fit in the car.

Thank you! I’m looking forward to the pics.

Okay, here are the pics of how I made the brackets.

This is the bracket. I basically took a 2 inch wide piece of steel stock and bent it into an “L”. The long part of the L goes under the seat and is bolted between the seat and the seat sliders/rails. The short end of the L bends up perpendicular to the seat bottom and then has another short piece of stock bolted to it. You can adjust the angle to get the belts tilted the same way as the stock ones.

This shows the bracket bent down between the seat and the slider.

And here is the long part of the “L” which runs underneath the seat.

Here is how they fit in my car. Plenty of clearance between the E-brake housing and stuff. Fit pretty much like stock.

^^^ This helps out a lot, thank you.

Okay, I got the 4 points.

I got the four point seat belts and I figured out where to put the side points. I put the shoulder points on the bolts underneath the back seats, I put the side points on the back two spacer locations that connect the seats to the sliders. The seats came with four spacers (each) that raise the seat a little higher over the sliders so that the cloth doesn’t rub against them. I replaced the rear two spacers (on both seats) with the spacers that came with the four point belts that allow the belts to move freely. I’ll post some pictures later after I get both seats in. I had to send my driver’s side weapon r bracket back for replacement because it didn’t fit. I also ordered a new steering wheel hub adapter, quick release, and wheel because when I had the driver’s seat in, my knees rubbed against the wheel. It’s all an expensive pain in the ass, I wish I had never bought the damned seats to begin with.

I’ve referred people back to this thread a lot but all the pics are down. Here are the pics from above:

Has anyone ever tried this with RSX or TSX seats? I know there’s a write-up on Teg Tips, but I don’t know if anyone’s ever tried to mount any other OEM honda seat to the Weapon R brackets.

Most aftermarket seats have seat sliders with a flat bottom. Aftermarket seat rails are made so you can easily bolt the flat bottom sliders to the rails.
Stock seats typically have the slider and rail all in one. I think it would be a ton of work to somehow modify the RSX/TSX seats to fit the WeaponR brackets. There are a lot of threads on here about putting RSX seats in the DA. I’d do whatever is typical to make them fit and then if you want the stock automatic belts you can fab up something to bolt them to the seat. Check out my posts with pics, I’m sure you could work out something similar for the RSX seats.
The WeaponR brackets put the belt spools in an awkward position in my opinion anyways, kind of low and cramps the e-brake lever.