Synchros are fried! Which tranny?

I orginally started with a built ls block thats sleeved with about about 9.6-10.5 comp ratio (dont remember). I ended up blowing the valve seals and bought a type-r head from a friend to build an ls/vtec. seeing the comp isnt that high and i doubt ill acheive my all motor horsepower goal i was expecting, i was thinking of going turbo or nitrous after i install the head. I would prefer to put some high compression 84.5mm pistons in but its gonna cost me more than installing nitrous and for some extra dough i could slap a turbo on it. I was looking for a tranny and was figuring a ys1 for the all motor setup, with nitrous or turbo i figure i will be running through the gears way to fast. What kind of tranny would you guys recommend? Should i just go for a new y1? (my synchros are fried)

by puttin the type r head on the ls block you will automatically raise your comp ratio by at least .3 to .5 . with this setup you should be able to pull close to 200 whp . as for tranny if your going to just bolt on the head and run with it i would go y1 for the gearing and stock lsd. hope this helps

when you say ys1, you have to remember that both the 92-93 gsr’s and ls’s had the ys1, you should specify which gear set you want to use. If you are going turbo, use the ls gearset, N/A use the gsr gear set.

sorry by ys1 i meant from a gsr or jdm b16a(not sure if right).