Taller intercoolers, do you cut out the support, if so how do you mount the bumper?

As posted, I have a evo hyperflow intercooler at least 12" tall. I’d cut or remove the support but how will I support the bumper in the middle area? thanks guys

You wouldnt. You just leave the mount portions on the sides and use those.

The bumper doesn’t need as much support as you think. The bumper “support” here in the US is there more for crash protection than anything else. You can hack it to hell and it’ll still hold the bumper on place. Hell, the car I just bought had the bumper support either chopped completely up or removed entirely (I’ve yet to pull the bumper off) and is attached with zip ties. I was sorta surprised it stayed on for the drive home, but it seemed to be perfectly fine. I don’t care cause it’s just a parts car anyway.

Check out the difference between the US bumper support and the JDM one which is truly just a bumper “support” and not something that aids in crash protection.

My inter cooler is 9 inchs tall and i was able to trim away to just the top sheet of steel that spanned the length of the support(I had an 1/8 inch steel strip welded to it for rigidity) Im not sure how youll get one that 12 inch high while retaining the support… I would think if you just cut the middle of the support but left both sides attached to the skin from about the inside of the head/fog lights out. that it would still serve its purpose and give the skin enough support to stay strait.

Ted, if your interested. Ive got a 90-90 jdm support with blocks that im looking to get rid of. if your interested, hit me up :up: