thedb63's da build thread

Dam so all of are photobucket pics in our threads are gone?why

:ghetto:
i dunno im a little upset

just got it prepped and primed

here is a comparison of the manual rack with the power rack

and i started to paint but i ran out i only bought two cans thinking it was going to be enough :stuck_out_tongue: and they mix it so its not like i can just go to walmart and gets some i have till tomarrow to go get more

i found this it should help some people that are doing a brake line tuck!

pretty much done painting the engine bay!!!

energy suspension shifter bushings installed

ready to do the wiring under the fenders

wel i havent done any wiring yet… but i started to put things back on to the car like the fuel filter the subframe the traction bar manual steering rack… stuff like that here is some pics

the manual rack was kinda tuff if you didnt have a doner car you would of had to buy a bushing for the rack here i had stuff two bushings into where the one was because if you dont it will have play and you need its to be stiff

and then i was about to put the master cylinder and booster back in and then i was like… no booster!! so thats what i did i modified my master cylinder and did a brake booster delete. IF PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED IN DOING THIS FOR THEIR OWN CAR I CAN DO IT FOR YOU…IF THEIR IS ENOUGH INTEREST I WILL START A THREAD FOR IT…LET ME KNOW

ran wires under the fender area of the drivers side today
heres pics

ballast installed

Wow, that’s a shizload of work I bet.

yeah but its fun i still need to take out the engine and tranny from my donor car and swap the b16 gears from the hydro tranny i have and put them in the ls cable tranny from the donor car…

Looks good man keep it up

thanks bud

drivers side fender,mud gaurd and dc sideskirts installed…also got rid of the nasty yellow resevoir and swapped for a new one

girlfriend and i prepping the wheels for paint

You work super fast dude. Nice job. Are you going to school for welding? I was gonna say something about your battery box you built before the pictures went down

I am going to school to be a union sheetmetal worker and part of school is you havto learn how to weld but I already went to a tech school while I was high school so I breeze right thru that part… but yeah sheetmetal=hvac=heating ventalation air conditioning , we also do metal roofing as well but I have yet to touch roofing hopefully stick with the hvac

took some pics with the digital camera instead of the iphone these look alot better

hey just curious with your ef rack install did you have one of Dan’s kits? just confused about what you said about bushings it almost looks like you have the install kit but a little hard to see in that picture.

if you don’t have one check this thread
http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201469

[QUOTE=LoWnSlOwDa9;2137445]hey just curious with your ef rack install did you have one of Dan’s kits? just confused about what you said about bushings it almost looks like you have the install kit but a little hard to see in that picture.

if you don’t have one check this thread
http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201469[/QUOTE]

i checked it out i took a bushing from my donor car and wrapped it around the rack cut it where the acces was and then wrapped my other one around it…

holy shit man, you dont fuck around. Good work:up:

The girlfriend helps out when and what she can with I’m going to be working on her ek sedan as soon as mine is done I started to look at your tuck thread but then all the pics were down so you should prolly fix those I know I saw that your busy lol but your doing a awsome job yourself from what I saw

I really like how clean this came out.