thedb63's da build thread

yeah its all good, just didn’t know what you had in there, i would shim out the back of the back of the gear box tho just to make sure its at the right angle you could run into binding later down the road, theres a 5.5mm shim that i include in my kits, i guess a few washers would work as well, it just orients the rack more like the DA rack.

what hid setup are you running, just curious what bulbs you have for the one pieces.

h4h 8000k they are kinda purpleish i didnt know at the time but they grew on me and now i love them and the steering rack i already got it spaced right its a 1/4"

thanks man i hope it continues with all my wiring with the harness lol

my two new best friends earl and russell

the one tool ive been waiting for they usually go for $150ish i think i got mine used from ebay for $65 shipped ftw!!! rigid 37degree flaring tool!!! looks like crap but still does the job …fine by me

Right on man. That’s cool they have you learn TIG there. I have a buddy who’s a union carpenter and they just had him go through a stick class, but that’s definitely not as cool, lol

[QUOTE=thedb63;2138769]the one tool ive been waiting for they usually go for $150ish i think i got mine used from ebay for $65 shipped ftw!!! rigid 37degree flaring tool!!! looks like crap but still does the job …fine by me
[/QUOTE]

Shoot, all that matters is that it works!

here is the the lines from the firewall to the mc i mocked up in an hour!

painted the wheels and valve cover this morning!

^ looks good mann!!

thanks i hope they dry good

a definte props to u, ur build thread is wicked, keep it up. it inspires me to rip apart my gsr and build from the core up again but i dont have the room yet haha. good luck!

thanks man good luck toi you too

i didnt like the way i ran the lines the first time so i reran them here are the new ones

very nice :up:

here is a helpful diagram i found if you guys need to find where the brake lines get hooked up to… i also have this posted up in the brake line tuck thread

:up: nice!

Dude that engine bay is gonna be beautiful. Lookin great so far. I wish i had the patience for a project like that.

score on the flaring tool!

thanks man i couldnt believe i got it so cheap…just got lucky

sorry no updates really…i ended up putting dc front mud flaps on instead of the modified da ones…also not using the omni power coilovers anymore since they wont work with my kyb gr2’s the right way…so im using these purples one called vogtland? they are german springs…same people that make h&r i think i heard this before? can somone correct me if im wrong?.. anyways im been working on the girlfriends ek sedan past couple weeks so thats where all my time has gone…also dropped half the money off at the machine shop so he at least knows i still want my engine back lol…

I bought a set of Vogtland springs for a Legend I had years ago. They were a really mild drop, I think 2.2 inches? I can’t remember exactly. I loved them. They rode just as smooth as the oem springs if not smoother. Definately a decent company, I’d buy from again.

Great build man! :rockon: