Tilt Sunroof

im in the middle of doing this right now. i got a spare sunroof off another g2 and i’m currently trying to incorperate the civic track with mine to tilt and keep the stock operations.

if it work take a lot of pictures.

aye aye cap’n

hope u get this shit i been waiting to see this good luck!!!

any progress?

that reminds me I have seen a 2 door g2 around my area with a tilted sunroof… I’ve no idea how he did it… I was just wondering if g2’s ever came with it like that stock…

i don’t think they ever did. i’ve been trying to find one for a while. but everyone says that the G2 tegs never had tilt sunroof. i’m really interested though if any one has pics or how to mod(s) for this.

here is some pics of my 93 rs…
no integras ever came with moonroofs. specially the RS. only the GS and LS came with sunroofs. any pop up roofs you see on a teg is aftermarket.

i got my car with the pop up already installed. i beleive you can use the 92-95 civic moonroof’s.

mine is not electrical its a manual one.

here’s member Mav3rick478’s…

wow I really like how that looks… now… all we have to wait for is a teg tip on how to install it… hahahah

[QUOTE=PlatinumG2;1902966]here’s member Mav3rick478’s…

[/QUOTE]

is that using the original sun roof but modified? or is it a totally different moon roof off another car?

Hmm wonder if by switching to a tilt sunroof will hinder the use of a bike rack?

nah, you’ll be fine.

anyone? :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Thursday;817800]a bit late, but oh well

having your sun roof tilt out onto the top ( i belive it is actually called a moon roof then ) is not only a bad idea because it will most likely be expensive, but also a bad idea beacause over 160 mph, it will tear off and fly away.

one of my friends who used to race in Puerto Rico did that with his CRX, and he wasnt thinking about it when he was racing one of his friends on the freeway. he said it flew off a few miles after he hit 160.

so I would suggest not doing this if you do intend to go faster than 160[/QUOTE]

holy shit 160 in a crx?! thats mph, not kph right? maybe in a benz or bmw, but i would never want to go that fast in a crx

Does this modification save very much weight from the original? I can’t imagine the sunroof motor weighs a ton but I’m just curious.

I think it looks very unique and it would be a great project down the road on a second DA.

sunroof is an aftermarket sunroof. it was installed for the original owner when he bought the car from acura and couldn’t wait for a GS to come in.

its all electric and drops in from the outside and is secured inside. i’m actually taking it out when i get the chance and get a skin without a hole.

it probably weighs the same as the OEM. it is wired to the OEM switch and works like OEM but to make it tilt up you press on the close side again.

[QUOTE=mav3rick478;1905657]sunroof is an aftermarket sunroof. it was installed for the original owner when he bought the car from acura and couldn’t wait for a GS to come in.

its all electric and drops in from the outside and is secured inside. i’m actually taking it out when i get the chance and get a skin without a hole.

it probably weighs the same as the OEM. it is wired to the OEM switch and works like OEM but to make it tilt up you press on the close side again.[/QUOTE]

Does it open all the way from out of the roof or does it slide into it like the stock/original does? Do you know if it will fit in the original sun roof hole of a DA? If so and, you’re planning on selling it, hit me up artiecubz@yahoo.com

slides in like stock.

i dont know if it fits in the OEM hole. its kind of lilke a sandwich design, top piece and bottom piece.

i’ll let everyone know when i do get it out and sell it. hopefully this year before winter hits.

:werd: :up: