Truth about the Soshinoya and Koleshiya

these madd tight jdm yo things that people put on their cars

i think its time that everyone (here at least) took the time to understand what they ACTUALLY mean and how stupid some of you look for putting them on your car.

the explanation is really simple, the green badge, new driver/soshinoya, is to symbolize that the driver of that vehicle has had less than 1 year of driving experience and to stay clear because they dont know what the hell their doing. here in japan if you were to hit someone with that badge displayed on their vehicle, you can get into a lot of trouble. i dont know why, but thats just how it is. for you visual learners that translates to this

being the japanese equivalent of this in america

moving on, the Koleshiya badge badge, elder/old driver, is for senior citizens to put on their car. there is another badge that they use which means the same thing and can also be used to state that your driving an old car. its just the new style. its called the koreisha badge. the badges are for senior citizens so that people know that there is an old person driving. not a 30 year old man driving a turbo civic. its for a 70 year old man driving a 1st gen soarer. there one for handicap drivers also.

im not exactly sure what started this trend but being here in japan has made me realize how dumb americans look for putting them on their car for the sake of a fad. what makes it so bad is that americans here that dont know any better put them on their car. coming here under SOFA status and getting a SOFA driver license automatically puts you in the experienced driver category. so by putting a soshinoya badge on your car here is more retarded than getting a masters degree and applying to work the register at mcdonalds.

but, i still wouldnt feel bad for selling them to americans that dont know any better for 20$ each… just sayin…

I was the type to not put random things I don’t know about on my car and have never wanted to sport these badges. All the JDM kiddies still have these on their car as if it’s something cool to have though. So let em be and look like idiots.

The Soshinoya badge is perfectly apt. You wouldn’t find these on the cars of drivers with more than a few years behind the wheel.

Fuck man, good thing people aren’t getting tattoo’s of foreign symbols that they aren’t 100% sure of what it means since they don’t know the language/culture.

buddy of mine wanted some symbol for strength when we were in college. i flipped the artist an extra 50 to change it to “insecure”. verified independently a couple weeks later.

this is exactly why I did not put the soshinoys sticker that came with my aluminum oil cap on when I got it LOL…

I’ll make sure to research the character I plan to get for my tramp stamp before I git er dun. :wink:

I think something like this should be incorporated in california for provisional drivers/seniors. That would actually be a pretty good idea.

i had one on my license plate frame that said slow as fck with the badge in it, just went and took it off and put on my skunk2 one lol

That’s what I was thinking. Not just California, we all need it!

It actually means. The arrow pointed to my nuts. The tear drop killed someone. The flower is i want me lucky charms ahaha. Jk

I always new what the arrow thingy was. But didn’t know the tear one was for 70 years and older lol. I thought it be for the 30s.

thank you for that…i PERSONALLY appreciate that…

and i personally enjoyed the laugh u gave me when u spelled personally wrong

ooohhhh ahhh… good one. at least fixing a typo didnt cost me any money…

people do stupid stuff with their cars (and everything else) all the time for the sake of fashion, either to fit in with the crowd or stand out.
it’s global, not just Americans.
this is no different, no better and no worse than anything else, regardless of the original intended meaning of the symbols in Japan.
they don’t mean anything here in the USA and people will continue to put them on their cars whether you think they should or shouldn’t.

(I think they are ridiculous too, Just saying, idiots are global.)

not to start an arguement but, just because the symbol has no meaning in america doesnt mean that people that people should use that as an excuse to put them on their cars. a swastika has no meaning in africa but it doesnt mean if i so chose to put one on my car, it would be ok. the country of origin for these symbols have a meaning, just because people can be ignorant and not bother to learn that meaning, is something i have a problem with. so, my contribution to solve that problem is this post…

i think its legit…

Well, the swastika does mean something in Africa… Just sayin’

different country,but the same idea and definitely appropriate for this thread…made me LOL in class when I saw it the first time haha

you know what i’m trying to say -_-*

[QUOTE=AV turn’d DA;2282960]different country,but the same idea and definitely appropriate for this thread…made me LOL in class when I saw it the first time haha
[/QUOTE]
that is hilarious…

[QUOTE=DA_all_day;2282953]not to start an arguement but, just because the symbol has no meaning in america doesnt mean that people that people should use that as an excuse to put them on their cars. a swastika has no meaning in africa but it doesnt mean if i so chose to put one on my car, it would be ok. the country of origin for these symbols have a meaning, just because people can be ignorant and not bother to learn that meaning, is something i have a problem with. so, my contribution to solve that problem is this post…

i think its legit…[/QUOTE]

not an excuse to put them on their cars, not even a reason, a lot of the people DO know what they mean IN JAPAN or at least have some sort of idea, they don’t care because we are not in japan. it’s just a “cool sticker” here like “The Shocker” stickers, or the old Calvin & Hobbs pissing on the Chevy/Ford insignia, etc. hell, i am in Florida and people get annoyed with “Salt Life” stickers on cars because they know most of those people probably cant even remember the last time they were near salt water.
BUT who are we to judge?

the point is that they don’t mean the same thing here and people can put the stupid stickers on their cars if they want to.
you being annoyed by it doesn’t change that, just makes you look grumpy and hateful.
grumble grumble grumble look at those kids and their stupid ass saggy jeans, loud music, strange looking cars.

if you are comparing the soshinoya & koleshiya to the swastika in an extreme attempt to shock people into agreeing with you… maybe you should look it up first and understand its other meanings.
The swastika had a place in other cultures/countries before Nazi Germany started using it.
all it does is prove my point anyway, symbols get adopted/stolen/used by people/cultures and acquire NEW meaning and there is nothing you can do about it besides get mad and make posts about it.

if angry posts was going to make the Soshinoya and Koleshiya badges go away, it would have happened a while ago. as there are tons of these public service announcements all over the internet.
this one is just a drop in the bucket.

I’m not trying to stop you.
by all means, continue.