Under the Hood Fuel Pump?

Is anybody running an inline fuel pump under the hood? I was just wondering because I just got a Bosch 044 and I planned on installing it inline after the fuel filter. Curious to see where people have them mounted.

I took out the factory fuel pump and built a custom pickup and ran my bosch under the car near the fuel tank…been like that since 2000 with no problems…

I would do that but I’ve been told that you can get the same results with less work involved. Plus, I can still use the factory feed line up to 700hp, or at least that’s what I’ve been told. I would do that if I was replacing the stock feed fuel line right now. I have an in-tank walbro 255 that’s feeding the bosch. I’m really looking for pics of a bosch 044 mounted under the hood of a da.

Sounds like you have it figured out… make it happen.

How much power you looking to make?.. I’ve seen walboro intanks do up to 600 hp…

I’ve also heard that they can cut out at 350 whp. I just don’t want to get to the dyno and have it cut out at 350 or 400 and have to go back and spend another $400 on the dyno because I didn’t spend $200 on an inline pump. I would like to make over 500 whp on the setup I have, but be able to make 700 on a future setup, or more.

All I really wanted to know is if anyone has pics of a bosch 044 (or something comparable) mounted under the hood of their da. I just want to see where the pump was mounted.

do you have the walbro 255 or 255 high pressure?

I have the standard in-tank 255 lph walbro pump. I can’t recall if it was the high pressure one, but I’m going to assume that it isn’t. I put it in about 8 years ago.

There’s a 255 high pressure pump? I never knew that

yup! the 255 HP Walbro and there good for a lot more i think

Right on. Instead of changing over to the high pressure one, I’m just gonna run the bosch 044 inline with the standard 255 in tank walbro. I’m guessing nobody is running one under the hood so I’ll just have to figure it out on my own. I will post pics when I finally get it in. Thanks guys

An In tank single 255HP Walbro would be hard pressed to support over 500hp, Especially on that chassis. Adding the 2nd pump is the right thing to do.

I dont have pics of my old setup but we just convert the hardline to -6AN at the firewall and ran an inline pump and filter. Its not very difficult.

[QUOTE=GO-AUTOWORKS;2262141]An In tank single 255HP Walbro would be hard pressed to support over 500hp, Especially on that chassis. Adding the 2nd pump is the right thing to do.

I dont have pics of my old setup but we just convert the hardline to -6AN at the firewall and ran an inline pump and filter. Its not very difficult.[/QUOTE]

Can you get me a price on the 6an line with the blue and red fittings from the inline pump to the rail? I don’t know how much line I’m gonna need, but if you’ve run a similar setup before, you’d probably know best. I already have the fittings for the pump and rail, so all I will need is the line with the proper fittings on each end. I bought the fuel line from the filter to the rail from you as well.

Nevermind, you helped me out over the phone. I appreciate it, and will post results when finished. Thanks again guys

I wouldn’t run an intake pump externally, i’ve seen issues with the motors going out due to heat. Run a pump with heat sinks on it. Also a single walbro is good for up to 500whp forced induction and around 650hp N/A, depending on your exact setup, 2x will push 700hp forced induction. Anything past that and you’ll need something beefier. I personally ONLY use the Aeromotive A1000 for external use.

Turboteg705’s pump may have only survived so long because it’s mounted in a location where it receives alot of air to cool it.

^not sure what you’re implying since a Bosch 044 is made to be run outside the tank?

http://www.boschfuelpumps.com/