USDM to CDM manual seatbelt conversion

i was wondering what the EXACT parts that i need to get to which it over. I already did many searches trying to find out, but it is just small bits of information. Also I need the directions on how to change over. I remember seeing the instructions with pictures on this site, but I cant find it anymore. Plz someone out there help me, email me at cloproductions@hotmail.com or respond back here if you have done the conversion. THANKS!!!

bump

I just did the conversion couple of days ago and it wasn’t straight forward as I thought it would be. But you basically need the pillars on both sides, the seatbelt motor and the lock. My seatbelt thingy keep beeping. I took out the old seatbelt motor under the pillars and the one on the seats. That’s about it.

Originally posted by superthug
I just did the conversion couple of days ago and it wasn’t straight forward as I thought it would be. But you basically need the pillars on both sides, the seatbelt motor and the lock. My seatbelt thingy keep beeping. I took out the old seatbelt motor under the pillars and the one on the seats. That’s about it.

Hey can you confirm if the upper mounting hole is threaded or not…if not, how did you correct this…what problems did you run into that kept the swap from going straightfoward, thanks

yeah the bolt that came with it was too big for the hole in my usdm integra. So I had to get a drill and make the hole bigger. And where you mount the locking mechanism by the e-brake, in the cdm there’s a hole for this but not in usdm integras. So i temporarily (sp) bolted on the hole for the seats. I have 99 gsr seats so I’m not using that hole. The bottom hole by the door bolts right where the lap seatbelt motor bolts on to.

was there some sort of thread or nut welded to the back of the upper mount hole? If you switch back to your DA seats, you don’t need to worry about the buckle part since it’s on the seats. So all three of the bolts were able to be torqued to specs? The pseron you bought them from, did they provide you with all the bolts and washers?

Nah it was just a hole, if it was threaded then I couldn’t be able to bolt that screw in. Yeah all three bolts were able to be torqued down.The main problem is that there’s no hole for the seat buckle. I guess u would have to drill one. The guy I bought this from is a member here, he sent me everything, not even one little piece missing.

Originally posted by superthug
Nah it was just a hole, if it was threaded then I couldn’t be able to bolt that screw in. Yeah all three bolts were able to be torqued down.

So what did you do for threads? Drilling, please describe, how would it torque down bro (the upper one)

yeah i wanna know too, wassup tri, imma help u out soon, right? let me know when you are gonna do it.

there was no threads, thats why the drilling worked. I just put lil by lil made the whole a little bigger and then it went in perfect, i tried to pull on it and it was on nice and good. But the screw supplied will not fit, it’s a lil big. Just keep drilling in circles inside the whole with the bit for a min and stop and try to put in that screw.

wow and you used all the factory hardware, cool for you! did you get the panels too? cool then I could just tap the hoole fo r threads

Yeah he sent me the pillars too. Everything you could possibly need he sent it. Mad props to him. Love the seatbelts now. I also unplugged the harness by the passenger door, under the kickpanel. So no more beeping!!!

is there anyway you can grab some high res detailed pics? :slight_smile:

yeah ill post them when I get a chance

wow, my thread is popular, thanks for all the info guys, i appreaciate it.

The hole in the b-pillar is way too thin to just tap it and put the bolt through. Why didn’t Honda just put that nut in when assembling the US tegs? :bang:

any pics???

holy old thread :shock:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288246181
:imgsux:

:rockon: