Value Craft Outer tie rods

Hey was wondering if I shoudl get Value Craft outter tie rods or a better brand with lifetime warranty?

i just bought a valuecraft one. im optimistic that it will last but if not, im down only $15.

just go to autozone and get a durlast one. lifetime warrenty on the balljoint. and i think its only 25 bucks.
josh

its not the balljoint he is talking about, he is talking about the tie rod end. the valuecraft one is $15 with a 3 month warrenty and there is a duralast one for i think it was $52 with a lifetime warrenty. as little as the tie rods ends break i would hope i dont go through 4 of the valuecraft tie rod ends within the end of my integra’s life.

WOW. if you really cared about your car you’d by the duralast. I’ve managed an AutoZone up here for 4 years and can honestly tell you they should be called ValueCrap. We didn’t even start carrying it until about a year and a half ago, no stores wanted to sell it. That shit’s garbage, I wouldn’t even put it on a car I was going to sell for fear it would break and someone would die. Anything ValueCrap is junk. So if you like being cheap go for it, but you get no respect from me.

aight ill let you know when mine breaks.

I went to parts authority and got myself beck’s i think… beck’s tie rods and it cost me $30 a piece with 6 month warranty. I hope these are good lol, or at least better than stock… what sux is that labor to install and get the wheel alignment is gonna cost me about $100-$150 alone to install

I worked for Auto Zone in TX back in the 90’s, I remember we had some VC crap back then in my store. If you took that out of the box, and took the better version and held them up, even the tight ass customers would still buy the better stuff.

Ya, the VC crap is just that crap. If the AZ up by my house tries to sell it to me, I will either walk away (if they don’t have a better brand) or I will get the better brand.

Polska11111
its not the balljoint he is talking about, he is talking about the tie rod end. the valuecraft one is $15 with a 3 month warrenty and there is a duralast one for i think it was $52 with a lifetime warrenty. as little as the tie rods ends break i would hope i dont go through 4 of the valuecraft tie rod ends within the end of my integra’s life.

yes i know he was talking about the balljoint but i was throwing in that they will also cover the balljoint thats on the outer tie rod. just buy durlast if u care about ur car.
josh

Just thought I would update: Tie rod is still working!!

Ha :werd: up.

MOOG tierods FTMFW! They are fairly cheap ($40) from www.rockauto.com with a lifetime warranty. Plus… MOOG tierods and ball joints all come with a grease fittings…

MOOG tie rod and ball joint for a 91 Integra from Rockauto:

Tierod: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=202076

Ball joint: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=204010

kragen moog tie rods ftw!! 50 buks each for lifetime warrenty… i got the cheap version for 20buks lifetime too… n its still on for 1 yr now. moog just has a better booot… just buying the brand name

Wtf MOOG? 40-50 Dollars?! You know they charge the same price at an Acura dealership right?

53540-SH3-013 right side
53560-SH3-013 left side
48$ each at bernardiparts.com

Think about the lifespan of the parts and cost of alignments. Buying oem will start to make a lot of sense.

OE Brand Tie Rod End

I got the OE Brand Tie Rod end. Just avoid them. They were great for the first few hundred miles. Now, even though the boots are fine, the balljoint seems to be worn and the rod is flopping back and forth - i.e. it is no longer a stiff, resistive connection. I would get the warranty replacement for them but I’d have to pay for another alignment. I’m going to go OEM next time.

i’d trust just about anything moog made over oem any day! for those who don’t know, moog is badass.

AMEN! And not to mention their balljoints/tierods come with grease fittings… FCUK YEAH!

My MOOG balljoints and tierods are as stiff as my boner since day one! :rockon:

How long have you had them? Since they’re the same price as OEM but also come with a lifetime warranty, those I’d consider.

Had mine for a about a year now and last I’ve checked… they are still stiff with no signs of wear on the boots whatsoever.