vibration upon acceleration

I think mine may be axles again. I’m questioning whether I have ever had a good set of axles. I looked under it earlier this week and could see some grease from the inner joints. I replaced one side 2 times and the other side 3 times in a six month span last year. The current set didn’t lock up like the others (inner joints failing on the highway lock up and feel about like having a blown tire), but I think it was junk to begin with. I’m installing a used set of OEM axles this time - no more chinese/taiwanese/rebuilt garbage (inner joints have failed every time - I don’t even know what it is like to have an axle click from the outer joint).

tell me how thoughs go for you because i have some autozone refurbish axles and there are pieces of shit ive been trying to look for some oem one

you can buy brand new axles from the auto store for like $80. don’t buy reman’s, they suck. for a few extra dollars just buy the new ones. they’re not OEM but they last longer than reman.

I installed a used OEM axle on the passenger side and that did seem to help a lot, but the driver side is obviously still bad. I was going to install a driver side too, but it turns out that I was sent 2 passenger side axles. So, I’ll update again once I find one and get it installed.

Yeah, thats what I was having issues with - those are no good either. On the brand I was getting, inner joints fail almost instantly… I finally got set of a different brand that has held up for a year (but still shakes like hell and has been throwing grease out of the inner joints even though the boots are fine).

yea i know what you mean. i’ve been though like 6 sets of remans, and 2 of the new non-oem axles. these are going bad too, and it’s the inner like you said. i just noticed they last a bit longer than remans. when i get enough to buy new oem axles i’ll do that haha. just cant see spending that much on axles… aren’t they like $300 a piece or something crazy?? i have a new transmission and am about to buy mounts a traction bar set-up, when i do that i’ll probably buy axles from honda, i dont want to risk messing up a bearing in the tranny because the axle wobbles so much under hard acceleration.

Yeah that $300 each is the discounted price online. I’m just getting good used OEM ones off of eBay. The one that I replaced does seem to be making a big difference.

bad rotors could cause the problem.might want to look into it.

on acceleration? mine are new anyways and no vibrations on braking…

could be burnt valves, from what mattster said is that it has a bad vibration until hes above 4000rpms check the heads valves.

it would be the other way around. Burnt valves would not seat well at idle, and would give you a rough idle. Mine did that. In fact, mine was developing power at upper rpms (no vibrations), and loped like a drag car at idle. I did not notice a problem until I got off the highway, and sat at a stoplight. Then when I took off, from a stop, it was definitely bogging until I got up enough inertia (rpms) to overcome the deal cylinder.