Weak frame points

actually im gonna modify a set of jspeeds like pat did if i can find them. that eliminates all the problem areas i see on modding the ebay one. the bar that runs parallel to the frame really isnt doing that much anyway, its the angled bar thats doing the most work there, hence the simplicity of the jspeed design.

that sounds good, that’s why I decided to fabricate my own is because all the flaws in the eBay design

u know, after looking at posjrs frame, and then my frame i noticed that his holes on the front are in a different spot, as if they were replaced with new framerails after a wreck or something. i dont know if his car was wrecked, but my holes are straight and inline, and my frame is also flatter in the area around the holes… hmmm, i dont know, maybe the ebay ones will work. he is the only person ive seen who gave them a bad review, but also the only one ive seen who tried them. you speak of all the problems with the ebay design… what problems are they? it appears that the two bars that bolt to the hinges are in the right spot. then its just a matter of getting the front plate to work. we dont know for sure if they dont fit or do we. jdmb16b… did you try a set first? can you elaborate on the shortcomings of the ebay units? from a structural standpoint they seem to be as good as anything else ive seen. posjr… are you out there somewhere? if so chime in! we need you in here!

sorry, i just found out you replyed
they dont alighn right and are very weak.:gunright:

um if you give me your vin i can run a carfax for free, and tell you if its been wrecked or not

where dont they align right though? thats what im saying… if its just the front two holes who cares, you can make holes in the frame anywhere, and since you are bracing it, then it will be stronger than before. when you say they are weak, what is weak about them? i assume you mean they flex, which is hard to believe if they are made from steel, which they likely are. they appear to be designed identically to everything else ive seen. as long as the bars that go to the door hinges line up correctly, i think that they can be made to work… did you buy/try a set or something? im just trying to separate fact from hearsay…

jdmb16b, post some pics of yours!

i actually dont know, im going off what my friend told me, he just came over one day and had a bend fender brace with one broken arm(on the brace). now if you want to try it go ahead and i may just do that.

no pics at this time. the guy how does my custom work is about an hour away. next time i go up there i’ll take some pics.

jdmb16b, well if you’ve seen proof then ill believe you. did that happen to your friends car driving around or in a wreck or on jackstands or what? but dude… seriously… get me a set from your fab guy. find out how much he wants! i do want to see pics first, but im down if they are nice!

he was on the drag strip, its a pretty hardcore boosted H22. so pure brute force broke it. I’ll see how these come out before i start giving any recommendations

cool. just take some pics and post them when you are done. my contact information is on here if you want to holler at me about it off g2ic. one last question though. were the ebay braces on a g2? or was the boosted h22 in another car?

it was a 91 Ls

damn. the guy that was selling them is kind of shady if you ask me. i asked him a few questions on ebay and after the second response i decided i was not going to buy from him. i asked him if they were a particular megan racing part number that was referenced by their site to the 90-93 integra. he said “no they are not.” i replied again and asked him who made them and what they were made of and what the part number was. all he said was that he’d been selling them for years and sold hundreds. he said he couldnt tell me who made them or a part number or anything about them but that he was making money and had been for years like i care about that. thats pretty poor customer service if you ask me. maybe he is just busy, maybe not. usually good sellers are thorough and eager to answer questions quickly to make an honest sale. it seemed more like he wouldnt tell me about the parts more than he couldnt tell me. i think posjr gave some pretty good honest advice in his post about them and was doing us all a favor telling us to steer clear. even though i still think that they can easily be modified to work, apparent poor materials/construction is an unfixable issue.

really, i’ve known of other people that if you asked them a question they’d take all there items down or even delete there account

well perhaps we can learn something from the ebay add… the seller claims to have the same support for the crx and the g2. this makes me wonder if we can use crx fender braces…
http://slickmotorsports.com/nagisa-auto/nagisa-auto-gacchiri-support-fender-brace/g-52845.aspx
i found those, which appear to be a good jdm brand. what do you think?

they look nice, ive never heard any reviews for them
good design. i don’t see an application for the g2 though

thats what im sayin… the ebay add claimed the ef stuff fit the da… their bars did. seems that it would be easier to retrofit some ef fender braces right?

more than likely they would fit, try it

search other boards and see if u can find a crx with those on there, i will too… see what we turn up…

The brace will not work. It was to short. It did not reach to the door hinge. As you can see in the pix. I would recommend having one made or make your own if you can weld. The design wasnt that great anyways. Where it bolts on to the fender area it just bolts through one wall which is not even that thick and just my end up warping. And if you try making your own try to get as much surface on the fender area by welding it on.

But to tell you the true it my just be a waste of time. Unless your packing alot of HP. My buddys car strechted between the door and fender and had a big gap on the bottom.

http://g2ic.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14403&stc=1&d=1133285191

posjr, thanks for the info. i think what we need here is a group of at least five guys to approach a good professional fab company and have some custom ones made up. would any of the guys in this thread be interested?

I will only have to pay the metal since I will do mine, here’s what I will build this year for my project:

3points Front Bumper Support Replacement Bar
3points Front & Rear Strut Tower Bar
Front & Rear Lower Tie Bar
Trunk Floor Brace
Front & Rear Fenders Brace (Wanna try a little thing on the rear)

That’s all, I’ve lear a lot about the chassi dynamic and how to make stronger, I’ll try and put what I’ve learned to use :slight_smile:

When I’ll build any of those bars, I’ll take pic and post it here, maybe I can make something if someone is interested.