Weak frame points

oh 3point front bumper support and and a rear brace. i like that concept. how are you planning to do that? i may have to steal your design. working on a new 3 point front strut. still pondering some crazy designs for the trunk brace im thinking something like this, what do you think?

this is the kind of stuff i like to see on here. there is so much room for improvement on the g2 chassis it seems like the possibilities are limitless. im very eager to see what parts are being made my g2ic members. if anyone produces anything new, hit me up. if its something i dont already have and its professional quality ill probably buy it… ive always got money. if someone produces some really nice fender braces im in on that for sure! id like to see a generous part of metal support along the frame section that goes to the front of the car. everyone said they work best like this and i think a weld in version is a great idea.

Silchuki14 tell us more about your rear fender brace idea? are you talking about for a 2 or 4 dr car? what is flexing back there that you think you can improve on. i think there are some really good ideas formulating on here…

what i really want to see is a y-brace like pat made that goes behind the strut tower bar that connects the area where the bumpstop is located to the firewall. it looked good on his car and was functional to boot.

may favorite idea (pink brace, means im not sure about it) and inside the brace square is just a aluminum or steel plate

my other idea

edited-cleaning up photobucket.

I know it’s a bit egoist but since I want to test my idea first, I will not tell you more about the improvement I wanna make on my project. I will restore the body of the DA very soon and right after this, I’ll start building my concept since I see there’s a lot of demand about them :slight_smile:

Keep the idea coming :open_mouth: Once I’ll have my prototype tested, I’ll tell you how and explain why I did those like that.

Sad thing is that I wanted to contact Pat about my concept but never got a response about the e-mail I’ve send to him…last thing I heard about him is that he went back to Japan. I hope Digital will post here and put some idea on the table :slight_smile:

Don’t worry, I’ll put my idea on the table soon! (This winter :slight_smile: )

EDIT: Jdmb16b, you’re concept is really nice! Keep them coming :slight_smile: One thing tho-> You’re strut Bar, you don’t need a double bar :slight_smile:

ok i’ll just make it thick
but it comes of the flat plate like this
http://passwordjdm.com/images/Products/Password%20JDM%203%20Point%20Front%20Strut%20Tower%20Bar%20(DC%20EG%20EK)%20Large.jpg
i guess i’ll have to tinker with it and make a prototype that will fit abs…
what about the pink bar? think its :down: :up: ?
if i make that, then i’ll probably extend it to a torque damper (i’ve had this spoon one for the EK around here for ever)

You’re bar will be made with flat steel plates??

that kind of flat plate, that the strut extends from

the steal plates are in orange

Oh, now I understand :slight_smile:

That’s the parts I need to develop for mine, I wanna make them simple, light, and strong.

EDIT: Oh and the Pink brace… I don’t think it will do much, only add metal (weight).

Thanks

ok then. well im going to try and use that torque damper then. i’ll run a little bar under the pink part that will hook up to the brace. like so…

blue=spoon torque damper for CTR (i’m hoping it will align right with my B16b)

Will the torque damper play a big role in there? I ask because I don’t know about them and didn’t plan to use them in my setup.

Thanks

yea. they help so much its not even funny

• Greatly improved off-the line acceleration.
  • Reduced wheel hop.
  • Improved vehicle stability.
  • Reduced shock loads on driveline components.
  • Smoother shifting.
  • Reduced wear on exhaust system joints.
  • Less transmission vibration to the driver compared to polyurethane dampers.

they keep you engine very steady even under high RPM’s

Torque Damper added to the Suspension setup list :slight_smile:

After thinking about it, I will have a K-Serie, you will have a B-Serie, I don’t have any glory to keep the secret since it will be to much different.

Hope this help

good point, i like.
i’ll work on that design . im thought about going k even had the money saved up but to many downsides.
besides i use my car daily and track on the weekends, and i just dont think i have time to work out the k swap bugs.

the most helpful suspension component I’ve even gotten was the Full race traction bar. if thats not already on your list, you should probobly add it :slight_smile:

As soon as you got a prototype in hand I wanna see pics, I’m sure it will not be like mine but I wanna see how it looks.

Thanks

when i started this thread i actually meant things like this
http://www.jscspeed.com/wrx/suspension/gtspec_subframe.htm

but i like the direction its going. starting from the front of the car (sort of) and working back.

well here’s my latest

i think your design would put to much stress in one point of the fire wall, especially because it now has the complete force of the torque damper on top of it…

if any one else can contribute there designs that would be great

On my setup (K20), I think I’ll be better putting the torque damper like this:
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=21193&stc=1

If it’s possible, put a torque damper on the other side to divide the stress by 2.

That way, I will not have to much stress on the firewall when accelerating and the solidity of the front when braking will be awesome. I think

moved the damper, and brace to fit abs

i dont think the upper left bar would fit. Looks like the wiper motor is in the way. For the torque damper, i have seen people use a croach rocket spring for it. i believe that was on team integra.

i’ll tinker around with the wiper motor, maybe try and angle it down
and for the damper i was just going to build my own metal mounts but i’ll look it up. thanks