What have you done to your Integra today? (Part 1)

Thanks. The dump tube is just an exhaust pipe for the wastegate. Air bypasses the turbo when the wastegate opens to control boost levels. The tube vents that hot air out of the engine bay. Some people reroute it into the rest of the exhaust, some people dump it out underneath the engine bay, and some people like it to come out of the hood so they can really hear it and see flames. I had mine going underneath before but decided to do this instead because I like seeing flames and I think it looks cool. Plus it was a fun little thing to make.

Here are the only photos I have right now from the front of the car

20160604_191936 by Mark Freeman, on Flickr
20160604_191922 by Mark Freeman, on Flickr

And a snapshot from a video of it shooting flames

upload a gif

[QUOTE=512_SIR II;2334557]Thanks. The dump tube is just an exhaust pipe for the wastegate. Air bypasses the turbo when the wastegate opens to control boost levels. The tube vents that hot air out of the engine bay. Some people reroute it into the rest of the exhaust, some people dump it out underneath the engine bay, and some people like it to come out of the hood so they can really hear it and see flames. I had mine going underneath before but decided to do this instead because I like seeing flames and I think it looks cool. Plus it was a fun little thing to make.

[/QUOTE]

Oh damn....  I could never cut a hole into a pristine hood, like that.   lol       The flame out the hood would look cool to see, though.

The hood was trashed. Paint was good, but it had dents both pushing in and out. I didn’t mind cutting it knowing it was dented

didn’t do much to my car but did some work to my extra engine-b18a1 on my engine stand. took the intake manifold off and found that its been ported already and has aftermarket injectors. see what else I will find. but that’s about it for today.
im always working on something. gotta keep busy

Putting in my one pieces. I missed having a set of these and the price was definitely right.

Put the car back on the dyno to see what it would make on 18lbs isntead of 16. It made 354 on 16lbs back in November…only made 301 this time on 18lbs. Same dyno. Compression test was good so idk what’s going on. Turbo isn’t being over worked. I’m blaming the fact that it was 103 degrees in the dyno room and 80+% humidity. Oh well is what it is. Now I can say I only make 300 and really hurt peoples feelings lol. Did get some nice flames from the dumptube though =] First pull was 3rd gear (314hp), then the second pull is 4th gear (301hp)

//youtu.be/4FFB8S8zVY0

trunk

so I had a broken back hatch cable. I took the other cable out of my parts da. I just got sick of using my key to open the trunk all the time it was a pain…
no more of that shit now. and I put a skunk2 cam plug in… it looks a lot better then the stock black rubber plug.:clap:

Installed a new fuel pump. Dropping the fuel tank was easy but lifting it back up was the hard part. luckily I had a 2nd person to jack the tank up while I made sure it went up right. Also did new timing belt, water pump, oil pan gasket and valve cover gasket. The car should be ready for my little brother to drive lol. Hopefully it will last him a few years.

Been working on this for last couple days. Still gotta clean up the wiring a bit but you get the point and the new floor with spare tire access

Drive belts

Today I replaced all of the drive belts on my sons project 90 DA. Turns out it has a smaller diameter belt than what the original was. One of the pulleys must have been replaced with a smaller one. Got a shorter one and now we’re back in business!

I could not stand it any more…spilled coffee into my e-brake for the last time!

That would be quite the reach to grab coffee. I always just drive with my travel mug between my legs when I have coffee.

Added dual USB (1 and 2.1 amp) plugs/voltmeter to both the GS and the GS-R. Also new Dimes Performance delrin shift knob on the GS-R.

GS:
[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“custom”,“src”:“http://i.imgur.com/0sejylE.jpg?1”}[/IMG2]

GS-R:
[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“custom”,“src”:“http://i.imgur.com/MsAfzt9.jpg?1”}[/IMG2]

And what the readout looks like:

Added antique Tags. :dance:

Nice, slick USB setup :up:

A fresh change of oil, and put on the snows. I’m tired of Winter, already. :frowning:

Where did you get that dual USB and voltmeter?

Ebay. It took a bit of digging to find one that I liked.

Holy shit y’all!

Today, all I did to my integra was put an amazon package on the hood to install on my electric dirtbike tomorrow. Looking forward to adding some actual progress posts on my DB2 project. Fuck yeah!

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at What have you done to your Integra today? (Part 2).