What psi can a B16a handle?

Here is the engine:
B16a w/ 50,000 miles on it
Dc 4-2-1 header
exhaust
AEM cam gears
AEM pullies
MSD ignition

If you were to put a gen2 Drag turbo on this engine what psi would you run? Is it safe to run 9?

I’m runnin 8psi on my stock B16, with an FMU and VAFC(set to run really RICH). I want to run 10psi, but I’m waiting till I get my Standalone ECU. Tuning is the key as everyone will tell you, especially with the B16’s stock c/r 10:2.

I will agree
dont go over 10 it shur would be a damn shame if you blew it and had to bulild that succer or buy my block.

so to keep it safe lets say I will run 9psi. There shouldn’t been any engine damage caused correct? any less reliable?

Do I need anything else for my engine to run 9psi? any suggestions of things that would be good to have. I am planning on a drag turbo with the blitz turbo timer, blitz boost controller, and blitz (forgot name, goes with the boost controller). Anything else necessary.

Do any of you guys run a lower psi for just driving around town?

Originally posted by Integraracer
[B]so to keep it safe lets say I will run 9psi. There shouldn’t been any engine damage caused correct? any less reliable?

[/B]

Don’t go by a hard number of boost to run. I’ve seen guys blow their engine with 6psi. I would NEVER tell anyone any psi is DEFINATELY safe to run, cause I have no idea how your engine may react to it. Chances are you will be alright, BUT if you just plan on runnin the DRAG’s FUEL setup, 12:1 and inline FUEL pump, I would not recommend anything over 8psi. MAYBE a 10:1 FMU and a VAFC and a dyno will get you safely to 10psi. Good Luck.

ya what he said.
i was just saying with good tuneing and proper engin setups what would be good for your motor.
i would say safe out of the box drag kit 6psi and you should not have problums.
to get ten
-fule injectors 310
tweek the fmu disk or just get it done right with hondata or zdyne.
-good gas helps and a dyno is key when trying to get reliable hp.