Window Visors Club

I know its probably been asked before, but how do the windows clear the visors when you open and close the door since they are attached to the roofline/frame of the actual car?

its no problem they flare out to avoid the window.

I know this thread is old. But, hopefully some of the original OEM (Not fake, Not P.W. JDM) Window Visor owners can confirm this/answer my question.

Did the original OEM/JDM DA/DB Window Visors have “HONDA” embossed/stamped on them?

I looked through this whole thread and couldn’t find one pic with it. I know there are alot of fakes out there now. But, how do you know if you’re buying real ones? Sorry for the rant.

no they’re not stamped. the aftermarket ones from what i know, are tinted black. oem ones aren’t black.

Thank You 90_DA! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You . . . Thank You!

Other than the color, are there any real differences? How can you tell if you’re buying REAL OEM?

ive seen fakes and reals next to each other (OEM honda and knock offs) and the clips where slightly diff spot than the oems

Oem are a brownish color same color as rear visors are an the after market are more of a grey color ill see it i have a pic of the oem color

Hi:

I finally was able to get my hands on a set of window visors for my GS-R however I have no idea how to install them. I don’t want to break them and have looked here for a while but I have not been able to get a clear guide on how to install them. Please anybody help. Thanks.

GSR 2391

If any one is looking for real OEM Window Visors, check out my FS Thread.

GSR 2391,

It’s simple, takes about 30 minutes to an hour at most. I started with the passenger side and then moved onto the driver’s side.

ATTACHING THE CLIPS
Before you mount them to the car, have the clips already mounted to the visor itself. There are four clips per side, three of the clips being the same and one a little different (assuming you have the OEM hardware, the three have a curve/bend at the end and the last one is perfectly straight; that one will go closet to the mirror). Starting from the end of the visor, attach the three clips that look alike to the visor. When you get to the one closest to the mirror, put on the clip that looks a bit different.

APPLYING TAPE/PRYING THE TRIM
From here, take some double-sided tape and roll it across the top section where the old OEM tape used to be. After you attach it, leave the side facing towards you on; you’ll peel that off at the very end. Now comes the hardest part, fitting the clips in between the trim. If you have someone to help you with this part, use them! Their help will be appreciated. Start from the end again (right about the rear quarter panel glass) and use a screwdriver to ‘pop’ out the trim, enough to slide the clip in. Do this to all of the trim above the door and above the mirror. Seeing how there are only four clips, use your best judgment as to where the clips are located and ‘pop’ out those areas.

TEST FITTING/MOUNTING THE VISORS
After you have the trim lightly ‘popped’ out, start from the end yet again and with the help of your friend if you have one, lift the trim (best done with a flat-head screwdriver) enough for the last clip to slide in. Move on to the next one, right about where the middle of the door is. Pry the trim again and slide the clip in, making sure it is in fully. Same goes for the next one, pry the trim up and slide the clip in. At this point, you’ll be able to tell if you’re doing it right, as the visor is very “form-fitting” to the DA’s body. If you have the clips positioned a little bit to the left or the right, just slowly slide them the correct way. Once you have all three clips in along the top of the roof, move on to the last on near the mirror. This clip slides in the easiest. After all four clips are in, check again to see if everything lines up. The top plastic part of the visor should be flush with the top of the trim along the roof.

PEEL THE TAPE, YOU’RE GOOD TO GO!
Lastly, after the visor is held in by the clips and fitted properly, with the help of a friend again hold the visor back enough for you to pull off the side of the double-sided tape covered. After you peel the long piece off, make sure the clips are all still in and press the visor to the trim! Sometimes while peeling the tape off a clip or two might pop out. Once you press down the tape, it’s there for good! If you try to quickly pull it off or correct it you run the risk of cracking or breaking the visor. Just take your time and don’t rush yourself, it’s all worth it in the end.

REPEAT ON OTHER SIDE
Basically follow these steps on the opposing side. After putting on one side you start to understand how to do it, what works best for you, etc.

Good luck!!

Here’s some pictures for reference. They are from my car, yes. Some of you may have done it differently but this is the way I did it and it worked well for me.

Starting from the back of the visor to the front, the first clip:

Close up on the first clip:

Second clip (above the door):

Close up on the second clip:

Third clip (between the front windshield and door):

Close up on the third clip:

Last clip, right above the mirror:

Close up on that fourth clip:

Here’s a front shot of the visor installed:

Last but not least, a side shot! Here you can see where the clips are located and the spacing in-between.

I think the flat clip goes in the rear by the quarter glass actually. The other clips have rubber where the trim is, the one on the quarter glass doesn’t. The flat clip is meant to slide between the glass and the window trim. It’s looks like the trim got pretty mangled there.

Hmm, I read about the clip placement differently. Regardless, it holds the visors fine. The mangled trim was my fault…I rushed putting them on and some scratches on the trim are the result of it. That’s why I was so specific in the instructions above. I’m not worried.

[QUOTE=G2TEG416;2221936]Anyone interested in a 4 door visor set? Not aftermarket.
With all mounting clips.[/QUOTE]

how would you want shipped to 99703

so the ebay ones and password jdm ones fit well? i really need a set of these for when it rains.