Your own homebuilt NOS?

I found this site: http://www.nitrous.info/

Has anyone here done something like this? This guy has a good point that anyone with nifty fingers and some quality kasha in the head is able to make at least such a simple wet fogger system.
So, if you have done, is it feasible to make your own or buy?

I just read a post before, where the guy claims that he used a wet system with 80 shot on his beat engine for two years with no prob. Thus idea would be to build this inexpensive NOS yourself with a safe 50-80 shot. Anybody?

I’m reading through the site, and so far it looks good, I’ve been contemplating this as well for a while, my main hangup was solenoids, I hadn’t really considered modifying one, as most of the ones I’ve dealt with before are tiny and permenantly sealed (pneumatics mostly), but the mods to those larger solenoids look very simple with the right tools. Maybe I’ll give it a try eventually if I get the time. Thanks for the link!

just make sure when you build your own homemade NAWZ that you don’t go beating anyone with a 3/4" torque wrench till you can’t lift your arms, cause the poor guy just can’t live with 6 stitches :roll:

THAT’S WHEN YOU GET THE GUYS WHO SAY NITROUS BLOWS UP YOUR ENGINE:loser:

Originally posted by Zyban
THAT’S WHEN YOU GET THE GUYS WHO SAY NITROUS BLOWS UP YOUR ENGINE:loser:

first off, that key just to the left of the “A” on your keyboard will make you look a little less n00bish if you have it turned off

second, what are you trying to say here? i’m not understanding the point you’re trying to make. elaboration is good. :up:

cliff notes? and how much did this system cost.

Originally posted by Dr Nick
cliff notes? and how much did this system cost.

is this GRIDLINE nick?
my bad if im wrong

Nope…

What I am saying is that when you try to build your own home-made nitrous system chances are you will **** up and blow up your engine. Y not just buy a kit cuz it’s not that expensive (we’re taking 900 CAD which 4 u US guys is like f’in 500 bucks) and save yourself the trouble. A lot of people do home made nitrous and then say how they blew up their engine and how nitrous is bad for cars. I personally saw a mustang with a home-made kit blow the intake manifold right out through his nice fiberglass hood and they picked it off from the field beside the road.

hmm

for some odd unknown, CRAZY reason, i dont believe the IM going through the hood…
:werd:

Actually with a wet system, if you don’t mount the nozzle close enough to the throttle body there can be puddling of fuel in the intake. This can cause explosions that are pretty extreme.

hmmm

well i stand corrected…and i must say that woud SUCK!
:burnout: