1991 Yellow DB1 Bulid

boooooo.no nos.just build the motor.headlights look alot better nice job on those

thanks! yeah i like em alot better. would still like stock ones but hey theses work for now. friend used to own a b16 db1 with a nos kit and it raped ppl at the street races lol why i ask. but i have a extra jdm b18b motor that needs rebulit so i might just bulid that one and when i’m ready slap it in. i kinda wana to all motor like no ls/vtec bulid it raise the compression and all no turbo.

Go for the nos as long as you know what your doing. I had a 75 dry shot on my civic and it was amazing, and now I have a 100 wet shot waiting for my db1.

uhgggg… so i test drove my car today and it fell on its face… it idles fine and all lil bubbley, went to go down the road and bogged out. like loss of power couldn’t acclerate just stalled, like it was in limp mode no cel tho… i’m going to start going threw things to try and figure this out. frusterating.

check the coil and ignitor unit…

figured out it was a bad chassie ground. still bubbly idle and wants to idle search lil bit so i’m going to check intake then iacv but drove fine held power

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Roof-Top-Taxi-Cab-Sign-12V-Light-Yellow-Magnetic-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3cb297458fQQitemZ260694295951QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

what you guys think haha think it would be awesome to install it

lol its a must.bitches will flood there panties.

haha for sure. i just might pick it up when i get the chance haha

BEST BUILD THRED your good shit bro keep up the TAXI!!!

thanks means alot. so where i’m at is, i just installed some bumper fogs, took off my tb,iacv,and the one undernieth the tb forgot the name, cleaned em up really good. just installed em today, no more idle search but still has a misfire idle. new plugs wires cleaned my cap and rotor, the internals in the diz are good i’m sure i rebulit it awhile ago, i still can’t find out the misfire yet, imma do a compression test soon see where i’m at. Friend said might be a leaky head gasket cause i have white steam smoke coming out but i doubt it. soon as we ever get some good weather i’ll take the hood and fenders off to paint em and post pics. oh and also installed my rear seat belts and put in oem integra floor mats. thanks for the comments.

here are latest pics, painted the fenders and bumper yellow, hood black, found the paint at schucks so i tried it out. i don’t think it matches to bad. :slight_smile:

Get the roof light and the checker print and your set.
Like this. http://www.barrywhitesrrc.com/gallery/TAXI0011.jpg
Then your good to go.

hahah yeah if i did that i’ll be awhile but i still got more to do… can’t get the s.o.b to run right… seems like its either not getting enough fule even tho the psi shows 40, or i’m over fuleing… its cutting out bad when i go to test drive it, bogges really i should say… idk getting pissed at it

ha nvm it was my o2 i unplugged it and now it runs amazing

cars is looking really good man.love those lower fogs and the lip(minus the tape).the taxi is really coming together mang cant wait to see it at a meet.

ps.sorry for all that armrest crap.i know u understand.

yeah idk how to bond it too well, i’m thinking about putting a sticker there lol but yeah i understand the arm rest its still chilling ha. yeah i’m stoked for honda tech may 7th. i gotta lotta friends going. i may even bring my son with me to his first car show ha

more pics :slight_smile: i still got more to do… gotta try to mold lip, match the yellow better, debating on painting the hood yellow or not… still up in the air. i may just wait untill i have the money then have the whole car redone. i’m going to try to buy the rear trunk lip too, then wheels if i can find a good deal. for now its a daily i love my db1!

dude i duno y but i like it a lot damm looks sick

ha thanks i think it does too.