92 db ls vtec turbo high hp build

I don’t have many pictures right now, but I figured I might as well start a build thread while I have some down time. My ls block is at the machine shop currently. When I get it back, I will post more pics.

Block:
B18a1
AEBS sleeves (84mm)
stock crank
acl race bearings
Manley Turbo Tuff I-beam rods
CP 10.2 pistons

Head:
B16
Supertech valves (OEM size for now), valve springs and retainers
Crower stage 2 NA cams with cam gears

Turbo Goods:
Precision SC6262 with Billet Wheel turbo
PLM top mount manifold
Precision 46mm wastegate
3 inch intercooler piping
Victor X intake manifold
1000cc precision injectors (for now)
Walboro 450 lph intake fuel pump
600 hp Precision intercooler
Hondata S300

Transmission:
Hydro LS conversion with LSD (I plan on getting a Hydro GSR and doing a full build on it eventually)
Hasport Hydro conversion kit
Stock axles (for now)
Competition Clutch twin disc setup with flywheel

Pretty decent list of parts. Don’t run any r-comp tires, drag radials, slicks, etc until you can afford better axles. I have seen stockers break over MUCH less hp than you’ll make

I’m up in the air about ballancing the crank. Any recomendations?

Quick update: the head is at the machine shop getting line bored because of some scuffs on the head and cam caps from the previous owner. I should have it all back by the end of the week with pics

Just got my block back. Cylinders are now honed to the Pistons and the bottom end is line bored. Sorry for the bad pic but it’s the best I could get. Still waiting on the head to be completed though.

Ended up buying a new head cuz it was gonna cost more to have the one I have fixed. I should have it back by the end of the week. I will post pics soon

Block looks good. Sucks about having to buy a new head, but better in the long run I guess

It does but it only cost me 200 instead of 400 to ship out the old one and have it line bored.

Sense I’ve been waiting forever to get my head back from the machine shop and haven’t posted anything in a while, I figured I’d post a pic of my gauge cluster with aem boost gauge, innovate wide band and auto meter oil pressure gauges.

Hell yea nice build man don’t rush it too much though, taking your time isn’t really a bad thing finished product is what matters that thing will hit some high numbers but look into raxles there pretty spendy but worth it a couple of guys have them on here read good shit about them

I called raxles and they don’t make anything that will handle 600 to 800 whp. He said the best they have will handle MAYBE half that. I think I’m going to order some DSS 5.9’s after the break in is done, unless anyone has another recomendation??

http://honda-tech.com/drag-racing-36/how-much-hp-can-stock-axles-handle-2288606/

maybe save your almost 2k and see what happens? hasport makes custom high hp rated axles as well. i have seen high hp axles (both raxle and dss) grenade at the track, oem as well. your axle wear will depend on your tires and launch style. no matter what you go with, carry extras with you at the track. i had a buddy on drag radials who broke axles like it was his job from bad launching technique on a n/a b18c5.

edit: laskey’s kit is cheaper than dss and rated for 1000 whp

That’s wats up raxles are in my range lol extras will be hauled with on track days. Hell yea!

[QUOTE=mydb1;2328681]http://honda-tech.com/drag-racing-36/how-much-hp-can-stock-axles-handle-2288606/

maybe save your almost 2k and see what happens? hasport makes custom high hp rated axles as well. i have seen high hp axles (both raxle and dss) grenade at the track, oem as well. your axle wear will depend on your tires and launch style. no matter what you go with, carry extras with you at the track. i had a buddy on drag radials who broke axles like it was his job from bad launching technique on a n/a b18c5.

edit: laskey’s kit is cheaper than dss and rated for 1000 whp[/QUOTE]

I like that thread on ht. Thanks for that! I think I’m gonna take your advice and leave the oem ones on there. I have an extra set of honda ones that I can use in case those pop. Gotta get the motor back in the car first :bang::bang:

Couldn’t resist buying these one pieces while I’m waiting on this machine work to get done.

Niiiice

good stuff boss. you work at a dealership?

I do

Finally got my head back from the machine shop. I still haven’t unwrapped it yet, but felt like I had to post something up. I will post some more pics later when it’s unwrapped.

unwrapped