92 db ls vtec turbo high hp build

Unwrapped

Does anyone have any good ideas for the front bumper support with an intercooler? I’d like to keep the stock one on there for safety purposes, but need to fit a bigger intercoolr without it hanging out the bottom of the bumper.

Turboac,

I used a JDM front bumper bracket which required minimal cutting, But i’d say safety-wise it’s about as functional as a pepsi can. :dunno:
Your I/C dimensions are 31 1/2w x 8h x 3 1/2t so it looks to me like if you want to keep the stock bracket you are going to need to notch a good chunk out.
I’ve seen some awesome triangulated flat bar custom-made setups that mount off the stock bumper mounts, and run a single bar across to mount the I/C and support the bumper, Seems like a good balance for what you are looking for.

BTW, awesome build so far, keep it up! :rockon:

Here is a pic of what i mean.

That looks really nice. Is that on a da? I do not have a welder so the best way to do it on my own is to hack the stock one up. Any recomendations for an inexpensive welder that would get the job done, and be functional for other car jobs?

[QUOTE=turboac;2330786]That looks really nice. Is that on a da?

That pic is on a DC 94-01 integra. It’s a custom piece, but that general design could be applied to the DA’s as well.

Any recomendations for an inexpensive welder that would get the job done, and be functional for other car jobs?

Welder suggestions would be Miller or Lincoln for sure.
In my opinion good used beats cheap new.
Hit the pawn shops and see what is available for a reasonable price. :sipread:

[QUOTE=jasperdeea90;2330792][QUOTE=turboac;2330786]That looks really nice. Is that on a da?

That pic is on a DC 94-01 integra. It’s a custom piece, but that general design could be applied to the DA’s as well.

Any recomendations for an inexpensive welder that would get the job done, and be functional for other car jobs?

Welder suggestions would be Miller or Lincoln for sure.
In my opinion good used beats cheap new.
Hit the pawn shops and see what is available for a reasonable price. :sipread:[/QUOTE]

Well you have a good point there about “good used beats cheap new”. But what is important is the craftsmanship of the job.

I think I’m going to go with the Hobart 140. My buddy has one and he said the welds are much nicer then the tig welder that he has for his shop.

Got my welder. I’m going to try to practice welding some stuff tonight and see how it goes. I will post some more pics soon. Wish me luck

Sweet, glad you picked one up :rockon:
Good luck-

More welding to come. Just figured I’d show an update on the progress

I feel like this is a stupid question, especially for how long I’ve been on here, but I can’t figure out how to post a lot of pics. It’s limiting me to only 7 pics at a time. Any help?

[QUOTE=turboac;2331198]
More welding to come. Just figured I’d show an update on the progress[/QUOTE]

Looks good, props for doing it on your own :up:

As far as the pics, i have not posted many, have you tried adjusting the size of the pics?

What hosting site are you using?

I’m just uploading them from my phone from g2ic.com. I can’t adjust the size of them

I figured it out. Sorry for being stupid… More pics to come soon

Sense I’m stuck in the middle of storm Jonas, and there’s 3 feet of snow on the ground, I’ve decided to start tearing my car apart to do a wire tuck. My car does have abs, which I’m keeping. I’ve read the wire tuck write up on here, but wasn’t sure if anyone had any pointers for me to make things a little easier?

Wire tucking may be a tricky method some do say its an art, that is why other enthusiast just avail the service of tucking there engine harness.

I’m finding that out as I go. I believe I have the passenger side of the harness all detached from the body. Just got the dashboard undone, but found that I need to remove the steering wheel before I can pull it out of the car. Hopefully I will have some new pics up next week with the progress. As of right now, everything just looks like a big mess.