Changing interior bulbs / led swap

i fix mine it was easy. . .just pull out the cable from the tranny and pull off some salck from in the car.Then all i did isa recrimp the conncetor bcak on … somebody on here has the part number for those bulbs. . someone has one of the pics

ok… so who is going to be forking over the million dollars if i answer the million dollar question???

linky

scroll to about halfway down, where it says
“Neo - Wedge LED Instrument Panel Bulbs Type A & B”

I think that is the bulbs that are used in the buttons

Finally decided that the white led bulbs are the best for my setup as to the others that used the blue setup. My camera for some reason took them and came out kinda blurry. I think I didnt set it to closeup shoots.

But anyway as you can see in the pictures i took of the blue setup which is probably the brightest. I’ve been to amber didnt like it not bright at all, and been to white which is my current setup but I like it. It isnt as bright as the blue leds but during the night its nice. Blue is just too blue for me but for the climate controls i used blue leds as u can see. What took me the longest to do was fabricate tapes back and forth onto the top cluster part where the blue plate goes with the bulbs on top to shine the needles. I remove the plate and used a plastic and cut two tiny holes to allow the perfect shine angle which took me over 2 hrs. Just look at the cluster with AMBER led bulbs now shining on the needle I love it. The Last Few Pictures are setup of WHITE LEDS as you can see they arent as bright as the blue (rest) of pictures but I really like them and thanks for the guys that started this and helped with info on leds size.

My next project on this are the 94+ integra cluster needles which are orange or amber? They light up becoz they are clear needles with added amber or orange to it inside the clear and has a bulb shining to it or something along the line so I will probably go to dealer and ask for about them. Perhaps they work under UV light coz I ordered white, blue, amber, and uv leds already for future. Cost me $46 for all them leds lol. Yup 1st order 16.11, 2nd 18.11, 3rd 12.18

YOU KNOW U JEALOUS OF MY 315k mileages LoL…

Do the #74 LEDs fit in the climate controls and the top of the guage cluster?

Because regular 74 bulbs don’t fit…the sockets are smaller…

Thanks.

Yes.

And how do regular 74’s not fit?
I’ve bought regular blue 74 bulbs too, they fit just fine.

I think you mean the 24’s dont fit. Actually they will too, but you’ll have to force them in. They wont go all the way down, but they’ll still fit snug enough.

They sure do have amber LED’s. In fact, you can get LED’s that can be green, red, or amber, all with the same bulb. Its all in the amount of pulses the diode emits per second. All an amber LED is, is a red/green LED pulsing several times a second. Pretty cool really :slight_smile:

actually my LED 74s wouldnt completely fit into some of the fixtures. I had to cut the part that wrapped around the bulb…
the leds are wider at the base above the connector area
the leds would go in a little and would function… but were loose because they could not go all the way in…

if you look at the socket, it looks kinda like a C and a backwards C next to each other… sorta like this [] I just cut it so it was straight from this [] to this l l
then they fit fine… and were much more secure

a friend was working on my wife’s car and showed me…

regular 74s from the parts store are bigger; ie. the other socket lights on hte back of the cluster (signals, etc). 74s don’t seem to fit in the sockets on the top of the gauge cluster and the climate controls…must be us CDM tegs…

But from waht i gather from awalp, I would presume that 74 LEDs are actually smaller than incandescent 74s, hence the are too ‘small’ for the back of the cluster, but actually fit in the sockets which and incandescent 74 would be too big for…

bleh; i’m just ognna order em

You will be fine. it takes times fiddling with it. You will notice sometimes the led bulb will fit but almost loose. What i did was use a needle nose plier and bend the contacts on teh sockets closer so it can sit /fix snug. Just dont force it all the way in and try to fit it into the cluster…GoodLuck!

Cluster uses (2) #194 (3) #24 , and (2) #74 for the top.
Dunno why awalp used all #74’s for the cluster.

Unsure about #74’s from the parts store. I ordered all mine from superlumination.

[QUOTE=Integ21;1577377] Glad to see a nice “How To” on this subject.

I did mine a long while back but I did mine the harder way by using plain LED’s with resistor mounted to each one. I did an all blue theme also but I added 2 white leds at the top of the Gauge cluster lighting so I could see the needles better.

azntklc: Last I checked our needle dont light up :wink:

Probably seen these already but here they are again :stuck_out_tongue:

Here you can see the 2 white LED in the middle of the 2 blue LEDs at the top

[/QUOTE]

what kind of resistors did you use???
i want to do it using regular LED’s too

No need for resistors anymore.
Just go to superlumination.com and get whatever bulbs you want to replace.

yeah…but i wanted to know how much resistance you need …

its just curiosity. i wanted to know cause i was thinking of doing it the harder way…why:dunno:

E-da9

You are correct the bulbs are very loose in the sockets for the climate control (3 of them) but found for the top of gauge cluster not so bad, but did run into a small problem, the leds seemed wider at the base, and once installed into the socket and then tried to put them into the top of the cluster they wouldn’t fit, so I installed them first into the cluster and then put the bulbs in. what I did for the other was bend out the prongs on the bulbs so they would bite a little better and also squeeze the tabs in the sockets for climate control, got them to stay and hold pretty good, but I never did find an alternative bulb for them.
HTH

I found this thread while looking for a detailed (picture) guide to replace the speedo cable.

I might just do both of these things at the same time, because it would seem that it wouldn’t be that difficult to do.

Has anyone done green yet? I want to see what that would look like. :ok:

I used green. I love it!!!
I used green for all but the ones at the top of the speedo cluster.
I didnt post pics because the bulbs that i used were uneven in stregth.
For the 194s i used the bulbs that have 5 leds (these pics are from Superbrightleds.com)

and for the 74s I used the one led bulbs (cause they only make 74s with one bulb.)

I should have either used the one LED 194s

or custom fit them so that all of the bulbs in the gauge cluster were the 5bulb 194s.

I will take some pictures when I get home to give you an idea.

[QUOTE=azntklc;1603796]Did this LED swap about a month ago, finally got some pics

Really impressed bout the results, bright and lighted up evenly!

10X better than those stupid reverse indiglo!!!

Light intensity is still adjustable!

I used blue for the meters + climate control and 2 white LED for the top (ones that light up the needles).

I took the blue plastic taken off the top of the gauge cluster and softened the light by replacing it with a white sheet of paper to reduce glare + more blue from the meters.

Gauge cluster

Climate control

Thx awalp!

Oh ye! If you planning to do this swap, make sure all your LEDs are correctly polaritized before putting everything back![/QUOTE]

How the heck do you get it to light up this evenly? I did this switch and it is NO WHERE near anything like this…

All lights are on…

The best you guys probably going to get is somewhat like mines. I took the picture in pitch black and some with a tint light on thats how u see it shine better. As far as the two top bulbs that shines down on the needle I used amber. I had to fabricate it to get it to aim only at the needles more and no where else. Like azntklc, he put paper over it to give it that shine but what i dont understand is how hes got the area all light up of course that would allow the good camera to focus better. I had a expensive one also and I can say I spent nearly $40 on two sets to try this. I tried all amber and it didnt shine at all, switch to all blue and didnt like it becoz its too blue and it dims out more but its very blue. So last color was WHITE and that is what u see in the pictures with the amber needles.

Believe me even though u see it unevenly on my pictures during the night its bright enough to see and its looks nice. I would have to say for mines its a lil lower then the stock oem color but since its whiteish color thats fine.

Does anyone know of BRIGHTER bulbs in Lumens, this way it can shine very evenly since its very very bright

let me throw this out there…

I have also considered the idea of making a fiberoptic light behind the speed0

by using the idea of the diy halo rings for your headlights.

Sup!

Sorry bout the late reply, just bought an EG I’ve been stuck to that for a while.

Many ppl have asked what I’ve used or what I did to get that light evenly distributed.

I all did was follow awalp’s list:

2x 194 (wedge type LEDs)
5x 74s (wedge type LEDs)
2x T1.5-B 74s (wedge type LEDs)

I bought all my stuff through superbrightleds.com

Now about the light spreaded evenly, maybe check if ur bulbs are all the in the socket. I couldn’t think of anything else besides that. Just worked on a friend’s MR2 couple months ago and results were the same. Camera could be an issue but I only used a $300 Olympas camera so i doubt it.

Someby asked me about changing the dome light to LEDs too. I didn’t do it myself cause i’m using Xenon bulbs right now but i would suggest LED festoon bulbs.

GL