ebay boosted

i know there are topics in ebay turbo kit i searched. but my question is y not? i know the kits are cheap and don’t fix like a 3500 dollar kit. Ive decided to turbo my old si prelude all i keep hearing is do it right do it right so as far as i got was 1000 plus in useless parts needless to say it didn’t happen. so know i have a 90 ls integra petty clean for what it is and ran great like it stayed side by side with a 94 integra with a stock b20. well everything was getto riged the more of the problems i fixed the slower the car became. finally i found out what was happen. mean while the car was suppose to be a ls/vtec but when i went to buy it and poped the hood it was just a ls and he had sold the head to do the swop. the car was so clean for the price i got it any way. and decided to do a super clean all motor da for a dally driver. well i bought a b16 head to use a parts head to get the vtec and other stuff off of went to honda bought all the bolts brand new. plus flat face valves arp head studs eagle ls/vtec kit honda oil pump water pump and timing belt. 0bd0 to 0bd1 jummper honda intake gasket 500-600 dollar wr header. Well needless to say i put the head in the shop had it trued up valve seats cut got the head back started assembling the head just to find out the cam caps were wrong and locks the cams in place. By now im pissed so ive just been driving it with stock slow power. i got a new job not making much - the girl friend + move back home. i need a summer ride so since im pissed at this car any way and cant afford to finish my other one this year i thank its time for a ebay turbo kit. iv already bought the kit and stared. note i just found this site it mught have helped a lot but i gess i can post pictures when i learn how.

Dude, first off…please start spacing out your typing. It’s like reading a bunch of run-on sentences.
Second…in my honest opinion, you can easily and safely run an Ebay turbo setup if you replace the Ebay wastegate (this is the common failure with these kits)…use the Ebay cast iron log manifold to avoid the cracking of the stainless ones, and TUNE! Get it properly tuned right off the bat. You should be fine.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Looks good man…As others have said, just do it right. Stuff like a faulty waste gate and or bad turbo seal can do catastrophic damage to your engine. I think that’s why people stay away. Besides that, a manifold is a manifold…A pipe is just a pipe. The difference is just superior design. In the end, NEVER skimp on a good tune.

would you be able to run A/C with that turbo kit??

not really with any turbo kit but most of the a/c has been cut out of my car. i was lucky to keep power steering but with this kit it looks like it will fit

Ok rule number one when going cheap…

always go with the parts less likely to break. like the manifold i went with cast because it is less likely to break as quick.

304 stainless steal will not take the extreme tep change as good as others. it will uselessly give up at the welds.

now with the kit i bought i steal ran in to simple problems.

like the manifold will not bolt up the the turbo with out a few mods.

it will not bolt up to the head with out mods ( the bolt pattern was right :)).

after the turbo and manifold is bolted up to the head you will find out the stock head studs are way to short and unless you plan on re tightening every time you drive it you will need ex long ones.

and take all the bolts they give you to bolt the turbo to the manifold and throw a way and go the your local readneck shop and buy some grade eight bolts or higher.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Good luck…cheap $hit is called cheap $hit for a reason

true and false

sorry i haven’t had any progress lately the car should have Ben done but ill post some more pictures of the setup

[/IMG]sorry i haven’t had any progress lately the car should have Ben done but ill post some more pictures of the setup

[/IMG]

does the waste gate clear the hood ?? sometimes the stick up to far and you cant close the hood.gl with your build