G2IC Turbo Guide

how can i make the guide more printer friendly? so like the pictures and text don’t get cut off the side of the paper…:smiley:

awesome write-up:up:

i also noticed that the text runs together towards the beginning where you talk about each engine…just lettin ya know, not trying to be a dick:)

Tchleung: both of those fittings are very small. You should have about a 1/2" (-8AN) fittings on the oil filter and cooler. Think about it, the filter needs to flow atleast the same amount of oil it flows when attached to the block, and the oil ports on the block are pretty big. Do you have pictures of what you bought?

Thanks for the props Doc1020. I’ll see what I can do to make it more printer friendly.

Anyone else have a problem with the text running together in the engine section? It looks ok on my system…

Hey sry no pics yet. well the fittings can easily comnig off. they are jsuta dapters that were put on to covnert to a smaller barbed fitting. the main fittings on the oil coolers in and out are an NPT fitting. hard to say what size, Looks to be bigger then a standard 1/8" Maybe a 3/8"

im reading the guide too, and some of the lines are written over each other and makes some parts hard to read.

Originally posted by nickgmiller04
im reading the guide too, and some of the lines are written over each other and makes some parts hard to read.

What do you mean? I could read everythnig fine?

I should be fixed now.

yep all is well :up:

Mad Props!

Hey great job Haberdasher, this guide is exactly what I needed as I’m only a few parts away from piecing a custom turbo kit for my 90 Teg. One question though; I have a t3/t04 turbo and I plan to run no more than 8 psi until I rebuild the engine again (within a year); I have put about 30k miles on my first rebuild and I wanted to know if I should 8psi will be ok on my the stock internals (daily driver)…I just want to make sure I don’t blow the ol’ B18 up. I’m going to be using the vortech 12:1 FMU and I read the fuel management section of your guide (scary stuff); will the 12:1 FMU be too much for the turbo’s 8psi or should I get calibration discs for a lower setting. If so what setting (10:1, 8:1, 6:1)? One last thing (forgive all the questions, but this is my first time working with a turbo…turbo virgin); would you happen to know what the average whp for a teg running 8psi on t3/to4 is? Thanks for all your help!

is there a printable version of this guide anywhere?

just print it when you open it up. it’ll be liek 50 pages tho lol

Dave, do you have any qualms or wishes against me mirroring your page on my own site?

I can’t access the beesandgoats thru a .mil domain workstation, and during the slow days at work it will come in handy. :wink:

SamuryX:

8psi on that turbo will be ok if you get enough fuel to it. The 12:1 FMU is ok but your weak link is going to be the injectors. If you’re running stock injectors I’d scale it back to about 6psi. With the t3/t04 8psi will get you in the neighborhood of 190-200hp.

zoom:

You can mirror it but please add something on the top of the page to indicate that it’s a mirror and add a link to the beesandgoats version. If you want I can add those things a send you the file, I could also send to a zip file of all the files for the page. Also let me know what the URL for the mirror is.

roger that. i’m goin to bed for now; i’ll work on modifying it and getting it upped tomorrow over lunch or sumpin. :up:

how about a section on choosing turbos and reading compressor maps. this pic would be a good start.

mitsubishi 14b on b18a (drawn by scarecrowx)

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291962089

on a gsr at 8000rpm it would fall off in efficiency and might start to die out up top. its most similar to a 60 trim among the t3’s.

if you do want to go more into it, i believe i can draw the air flow demand lines on other maps as well.

I considered it but couldn’t find any maps for anything other than Garrett turbos which everyone pretty much knows the capabilites of already. Also it is a bit over the head of noobs.

I may write a supplement to the guide if I can find maps on more turbos.

Good Lookin’ Out!

Thanks for the reply Haberdasher! I really apptreciate. I’ll go ahead and order the 6:1 calibration disc (the last thing I definietely want to do is blow up my engine) for the FMU until I rip my engine apart again and go all out with the injectors, fuel management, rods, pistons…you know, the works.

I don’t think you’re going to get enough fuel with 6:1 disk, you really should get the 12:1.

Oh, I get it, whe you said 6psi, you were making reference to the turbo. I thought you were talking about the FMU. Sounds good, however, I just got my wastegate and it’s set at 7psi so combining that with the 12:1 FMU (and stock injectors), is there any thing else I need to worry about upgrading or changing (other than my fuel pump) to make sure I’m not running too rich or too lean? Sorry for all the questions, but this is the first time I mess with a turbo so I’m trying to understand it as much as possible about it. Your guide as well as people on this forum are definitely making it easier to understand it though. Thanks.

Updated the guide. Some new pics and info here and there. It should also be easier to print now. The guide has had about 750,000 hits since I started it on December 12!

hey do you see any problems with this setup? someone is using it and says it works great, its a copy of the endyn setup with an added drain to the oil pan. i drew the pic myself so if u steal it to make fnu of it on another board please give me all credit. :smiley:

breather.jpg