Gas sucks

It really sucks that oil is publicly traded. All these investors are screwing us over once again, just like how they screwed the housing market. I mean everyone wants a return on their money, but at the expense of whom?

Geez.

[QUOTE=Armed Ferret;1859699]If you fuckers can’t afford gas, it’s time to examine just where you’re spending your money.

If you’re living outside your means, you have nobody to blame but yourselves.[/QUOTE]

While I normally agree with your straight forward logic, I disagree with you here.

Not only does it take me over $40 bucks a week to fill up the Civic now it also now takes my wife $65+ to fill up her CX-7. That is a $25 dollar jump a week (from 2-3 months ago) which equates to $100 or so extra a month.

Gas prices, along with shopping can make it more than just “$10 a week”.
A gallon of milk has risen to over $4.00 a gallon here, a loaf of decent bread jumped from 1.39 to 2.09 and virtually everything else has gone up too.

Luckily we make enough that it doesn’t bury us but I do understand why there is a lot of added uncertainty to a lot of people’s situations.

Yup apparently a lot of people were already strapped. Food banks are reporting a large increase in the number of families requesting aid. It’s really scary listening to the news in the morning…

The economy has had a great effect on many situation around this country, not just gas prices! I have had a very sucessful business for the last 2.5 years That I just had to close due the increasing loss of business. I had a home detailing/carpet cleaning business that did me very well. 2 weeks ago I was forced to close my business cuz I was only left with 3 regular customers, because people use this service as a luxury and no longer “needed” the services…due to the increases everywhere else. They cut ME to save money!

What did this do?? If forced us to remove our 2 small children from thier very reputable child care facilty (almost $300 per week) and me staying home with them to school them in order to save $100 week in gas + $287wk in childcare just to keep food on the table and bills paid.

I am saving $1400 per month by NOT working!..Now I am looking for a regular job or other business ventures to get into before it gets outta hand.

With that said…I can “bitch” about the rising gas prices!

Geez man, I’m sorry to hear that!

I’m not bothered by the price of fuel for my car, but it’s the increase for avgas that is hurting me. The cost for flight training just keeps going up and up, which sucks because the initial investment to become a pilot was already high. Now it’s almost stupid to want to become a pilot (financially).

Thought I’d share some more insight. It is a fact that it’s going to rise at 1.50$/L here in Canada and by 2012… it’ll be 2.25$/L.

and even then it still won’t compare to gas prices in most of Europe.

2 years ago it was nearly $7/gallon in London. that was back when it was still, what, less than $2.50/gallon here in the states?

Gas isn’t expensive in the U.S. people need to stop whining about it.

[QUOTE=Armed Ferret;1860908]and even then it still won’t compare to gas prices in most of Europe.

2 years ago it was nearly $7/gallon in London. that was back when it was still, what, less than $2.50/gallon here in the states?[/QUOTE]

I know the person you were responding to is in Canada, but compare the average distance between destinations in the US to a small place like the UK. Also, their public transportation systems make us look like we’re in the Dark Ages. Gas is more expensive there, but they rely upon it much less than we do, especially those in rural areas (which is most of America).

For the vast majority of Americans, taking public transit or living close to where they work is just not an option. That means increases in gas prices are going to hurt/piss people off more, regardless of you trying to write it off by making a poor comparison to prices in Europe.

If I were in the UK and I was pissed about the price of gas, I can say ‘fuck it’ because I have other options. Here, I do not.

Damn. I need to be where YOU are. The government must pay well or something…

It’s not about the zeros on the paycheck. There’s people here making well into 6 figures bitching about gas prices.

It’s about living within one’s means, as i’ve already mentioned. Dumbasses who don’t know how to do so are always going to be whining about something financial.

*Disclaimer: To avoid sand-induced vaginitis, I should probably iterate (for those unable to discern dumbassery from misfortune) that those unfortunate enough to be in a temporary economic slump in their household are excluded from my above commentary. It was meant solely to describe people making an excellent salary and choosing to live in a bigger house than they “should be”, owning more/more expensive cars than they “should be”, etc.

[QUOTE=Armed Ferret;1860954]It’s not about the zeros on the paycheck. There’s people here making well into 6 figures bitching about gas prices.

It’s about living within one’s means, as i’ve already mentioned. Dumbasses who don’t know how to do so are always going to be whining about something financial.[/QUOTE]

I can’t disagree with that. But that doesn’t mean that some of us that live within our means don’t have a right to bitch about rising gas prices. Rising gas prices just stretch my budget and make me have fewer luxuries, and trust me, these days, I have little to no luxuries. I live within my means, so if gas keeps going up, there is nothing I can do about it. It pisses me off.

I already live within 3-5 miles of where I work, and drive a vehicle that gets good gas mileage. I can’t take public transit because I get off work past 5:30 and have class at 6:30. It would be impossible to do that on public transit in rush hour here in megatropolis.

bicycle/moped. or you could use those two legs you’ve got. :wink: :hugs:

I’m tempted to take my bike lisence and get a crotch rocket. Something smaller, 600 maybe, and keep my hand (oh jesus) out of it to save some fuel.

hope you’re up to date on bike maintenance. if you’re using one as a DD (even 2-3x a week) you’ll be doing maintenance fairly often.

tires are pretty spendy too, and they don’t last nearly as long as a car.

I live 22 miles away from work. If I had a way to ride my bike without getting run over on the interstate / turnpike I’d do it. Too many assheads in H2’s talking on their phones and spilling their starbucks in their laps driving around here though.

Mr.A Ferret,
I’m woundering if in fact he is truthfull in what he often has to say and put or place people down.
I wounder if in fact, for example that Mr. A. Ferret is doing well for himself?
But, of course their is no need for a response from Mr. A. Ferret.
I did my time (“AIRBORN”) for my Country and I mean way back in the early mid 70’s.
Call name Mr. Shaft.
Later dude.

I heart NJ. Many highways prohibit the use of walking, bikes, mopeds , horseback riding, horse driven carriages or other vehicles (bike,trike, any other form of horseless carriage) that cannot maintain the posted speed limit .

The one good thing about the Garden State Parkway and the NJ Turnpike is that gas stations on these roads can only change their prices once a week. I filled up with gas that cost $3.17 / gallon today. At midnight tonight it went up to somewhere in the $3.30’s and will stay that way for a week.

Gas is to expensive here in Milwaukee, WI it’s 3.79 for regular but I have to use Premium and that is 3.99. Everything lately is getting expensive because of gas pricing rising so high. Is like everytime I pass a gas station is like gas changes every day!
So lately I been driving my Suzuki Hayabusa to work!

although you will be getting 35-40mpg on average(I squeezed 46 mpg out of my cbr600f4i on a regular basis, almost all highway riding.) the cost savings is minimal. figure about300-400 for a set of tires every 5000 miles, clean and lube chain every 500 miles and check for correct adjustment, oil changes every 3000 miles, air filters every 10,000, valve inspections every 16000. bottom line, if you want to get a bike, get a bike, but don’t do it thinking it’s going to save you money. you’re better off getting a fit to drive around

Yeah Gas is a bitch and im afraid to drive far or unless im with someone n i tell them gve me lke $20-$30 gas money